Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 08-07-2007, 10:04 AM   #31
Seņor Cedric
why live??

Seņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Western Division: The race between the Nugs, Jazz and Rockets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharas
as different from varejao as it gets.

I'm glad you pointed it out, I couldn't be bothered typing it.
Seņor Cedric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 10:22 AM   #32
Optimus Prime
Swaggy

Optimus Prime has an OK reputation so far

4. Utah (Jerry Sloan...he wrestle cougar with his bare hands!)
5. Denver (ugh)
6. Houston (UGH UGH!)
Optimus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 01:40 PM   #33
TMac&Luther
Karl Malone's bastard

TMac&Luther is considered somewhat coolTMac&Luther is considered somewhat coolTMac&Luther is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharas
scola is much better offensive player than defensive. and he isn't exactly a "hustler" type, although he rebounds decently.

Don't know where you heard that from, I'll Ive heard about Scola is he's all about Hustle, just like every international player.
TMac&Luther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 01:43 PM   #34
Interminator
Banned

Interminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bricklayer
I actually interviewed a bunch of fans for our newspaper about what the Jazz should do with AK47. The general opinion around here is that the fans don't want him back. They feel like we can get decent trade value for him - perhaps another big man or a veteran shooter - but I disagree. AK's defense is tough to replace and if he can just fill a role like Bruce Bowen does for the Spurs, we'd be set. Andrei doesn't need to have plays run for him (as he wants) because he has the ability to get plenty of points on put-backs and sneaky backdoor passes from Williams. The problem is that AK is our highest paid player and he actually feels like he's not earning it - which is actually a good attitude to have. He just needs to stop complaining about it and do the invaluable little things that gets a team wins. The rewards of winning will justify his contract.
He does need plays run for him,he was angry and contemplating why they built the offense outside of him,when his morale is high he puts up great numbers

If Martin returns close to the player he was in New Jersey,ill take Denver over Houston and Utah
Interminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 01:45 PM   #35
Mr_Basketball#1
McCants is Available!!

Mr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation here

I see the Nuggets having a better record than the Jazz and Rockets...Iverson and Melo came together at the end of last season and went on a winning streak....They have a shooting point guard in Chucky Atkins and Kenyon Martin is expected to make a strong return...Im expecting this team to at least make it to the semi's....

Early on in the off-season I was expecting the Rockets to perhaps take it all, but now I'm thinking the Celtics or the Mavs will win it all...The Jazz will be good, but I just dont see them winning it all right now..The Jazz remind me most of the Spurs...They have a young, strong point guard in Deron Williams and a strong, fundamental big man in Boozer...Much Luck to these teams, but more luck to the Celtics...

GO CELTICS
Mr_Basketball#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 02:04 PM   #36
TMac&Luther
Karl Malone's bastard

TMac&Luther is considered somewhat coolTMac&Luther is considered somewhat coolTMac&Luther is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2Gezee
They won't be the same defense without JVG, and like I said they did need some better offense. But limiting possessions, defense, whatever you would like to call it is what kept them afloat. Afloat meaning with one of their superstars out.

Did you even read the stuff I typed. When Yao was out they didn't limit possessions near as much. They picked up the pace, (infact one can say it was their OFFENSE that kept them afloat, because with Yao out thats 25 points a game somebody has to pick up and they only way to do that is get easier baskets..........The they also didn't miss a beat on defense, because they have players that play D.

You can put Battier and Hayes on any team, in any system and they are going to be what they are..........Defensive players.

The Rockets aren't all of a sudden going to become the 2002 Mavs. Tmac, Hayes, and Battier are all good defenders. What little bit they lose on defense, which won't be that much, they will more than make up in offense.
Offense is just as important as defense..............go ask the Mavs how far their defense got them last year, now go ask the Warriors how much the lack of D hampered them.

If you can't score points in the playoffs you will lose. JVG's system was easy as hell to shut down in the playoffs, nobody had room to do anything, because nobody outside of Tmac and Yao can create their own shot. In JVG's system you will be a 50 game winner, but come playoff time you will lose..........its that simple.

Last edited by TMac&Luther : 08-07-2007 at 02:16 PM.
TMac&Luther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 02:12 PM   #37
Fudge
FREE RUSS & BUDADIIII

Fudge is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Basketball#1
I see the Nuggets having a better record than the Jazz and Rockets...Iverson and Melo came together at the end of last season and went on a winning streak....They have a shooting point guard in Chucky Atkins and Kenyon Martin is expected to make a strong return...Im expecting this team to at least make it to the semi's....
What good will Atkins do? Score the ball? Cool. Responsible for running the point? Not really. He doesn't have point guard talents that Blake had. Setting up his teammates for easy shots. So, no, Atkins don't give them the easy edge.

As for Martin, he's 30, coming back from an injury that basically made him miss the whole year. What good will he do? Declined much? Yuh.
Fudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 02:13 PM   #38
CakeorDeath
Local High School Star

CakeorDeath has decent reputation

Quote:
As for Martin, he's 30, coming back from an injury that basically made him miss the whole year. What good will he do? Declined much? Yuh.

People also seem to forget that The Nuggets have been far better, record-wise, without Kenyon Martin than with him. Not saying the Nuggets can't win their division, but if they do, it certainly won't be because "K-Mart is finally healthy."
CakeorDeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 02:56 PM   #39
steve franchise
Local High School Star

steve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Western Conference: The race between the Nugs, Jazz and Rockets.

Utah had a good non-injury season and yet the Rockets with Yao being out for more than 30 games finished a game ahead of them. They will finish 4th but with no home court advantage. The Rockets actually got better and deeper now. Carmelo and A.I have to prove that they can play together because they didn't had a chance to do it last season.

My Predictions:

4. Utah (53 wins)
5. Rockets ( 56 wins)
6. Denver ( 51 wins )
steve franchise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 02:59 PM   #40
CakeorDeath
Local High School Star

Quote:
They will finish 4th but with no home court advantage.

No worries; already proved we don't need it. :)
Old 08-07-2007, 03:06 PM   #41
Fudge
FREE RUSS & BUDADIIII

Fudge is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Man, why'd you have to say that steve franchise? Not only did you make yourself look toasted, but us too. Eh.
Fudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 03:50 PM   #42
basketballer4
Sweaty ti.ts

basketballer4 is considered somewhat coolbasketballer4 is considered somewhat coolbasketballer4 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darsh
Does anyone think Kirilenko is a vital piece for Utah to go further this year?

I think so.

Anyway, I see the Jazz not even making the playoffs and getting the 11th seed, while the Rockets get the 2nd seed, and the Nuggets get the 4th seed.
basketballer4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 03:53 PM   #43
steve franchise
Local High School Star

steve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by CakeorDeath
No worries; already proved we don't need it. :)

You're right about that. Utah won straight up. The Rockets got better though. If they faced again I think Rockets would win in 7. Nah. 6.

Quote:
No worries

Everybody talks about how good Utah is and they went to game 7, waited till the last minute to for sure win the game. Against a team that only 2 players were scoring, because everybody else couldn't do anything. Yeah don't worry. Steve Francis and Mike James are not going to make a difference. Right.

Last edited by steve franchise : 08-07-2007 at 04:05 PM.
steve franchise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 03:54 PM   #44
CakeorDeath
Local High School Star

Quote:
Anyway, I see the Jazz not even making the playoffs and getting the 11th seed,

Care to explain why? From 4th seed to 11th seed in one year with no major losses in the offseason?

I would also like to hear why you had Boozer ranked like 26th in the league among bigs in another thread.
Old 08-07-2007, 03:55 PM   #45
CakeorDeath
Local High School Star

Quote:
The Rockets got better though. If they faced again I think Rockets would win in 7.

Probably. Jazz are going to need their young guys to step up this year, in a big way.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: