Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-30-2007, 06:45 PM   #16
hawkfan
Jeff Teague Fan

hawkfan is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: All this talk about Celts but how good are the Wolves now?

The Wolves will be good next year after they get a good player in the draft and get a couple of good free agents.
hawkfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 06:46 PM   #17
xxxSuperStar
I Like Tacos

xxxSuperStar has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxFly
I wouln't say we're the most talented team in the league. There is a pretty significant drop off after you get by PP, Garnett and Allen. While we're up there, I'd still give the edge to teams like the Suns and Bulls who have far deeper teams.

They have one of the most shallow (though talented teams)

Nash, Amare, Diaw, Marion, Barbosa, Bell and then....?

Injury prone, old, how will he handle running, Grant Hill?
Marcus Banks?
Jumaine Jones?
Sean Marks?
Alando Tucker?

The Suns have one good player over 6-8 (Amare). If either he or Diaw get in foul trouble or injured, the good bigs of the West will eat them alive, nullify their fast break and PLUS Amare and Diaw will run out of steam even sooner with no back-ups.
xxxSuperStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 06:46 PM   #18
FireMcFailPlease
Loserville USA

FireMcFailPlease has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneWay
Well, my stats projection

Big Al - 18/9
GG - 12 ppg
Ricky - 18/4/4
Foye 14 ppg

Who else is there? Blount, Jaric, Hassell? Yeah, not overly impressive.

Who knows though... I hope they win over 30 games but they will need more because all they have is unproven youth. I'd love them to be one of those teams that isn't too strong but still solid if you know what I mean.
Ricky is pretty much guaranteed gone.

oh you forgot smith, mccants and brewer
FireMcFailPlease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 06:47 PM   #19
OneWay
GREATEST OF ALL TIME!!

OneWay has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxFly
I wouln't say we're the most talented team in the league. There is a pretty significant drop off after you get by PP, Garnett and Allen. While we're up there, I'd still give the edge to teams like the Suns and Bulls who have far deeper teams.

Same with Spurs, no? Who do you have after Duncan, Parker and Ginobili?
Bowen is great but other than him..

Oberto?=
Barry?
Finley?
Horry?

Just smart vets who get the job done.

Your core is amazing. Don't fool yourself. Get some vets and hope to go all the way, your core is like...too good to be true.
OneWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 06:57 PM   #20
kwajo
Missing Since 2009

kwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneWay
Same with Spurs, no? Who do you have after Duncan, Parker and Ginobili?
Bowen is great but other than him..

Oberto?=
Barry?
Finley?
Horry?

Just smart vets who get the job done.

Your core is amazing. Don't fool yourself. Get some vets and hope to go all the way, your core is like...too good to be true.
Did you just compare a smart group of NBA veterans who know how to win, to the likes of Tony Allen, Perkins, Pruitt & Scalabrine?
kwajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 06:59 PM   #21
OneWay
GREATEST OF ALL TIME!!

OneWay has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwajo
Did you just compare a smart group of NBA veterans who know how to win, to the likes of Tony Allen, Perkins, Pruitt & Scalabrine?

Chalk it up to KG homerism and enthusiasm. Yes, you're right.
However, role players aren't the main reason why teams win. Celts are now built for now, they're no longer a team of future so I really expect them to get at least 2 solid vets, they'd be foolish not to.

I was just trying to explain MaxFly that the Celts can compete with any team in the league and even the champs don't have so much talent besides the top 3 and Bowen. The Celts have a core...now they need some vets and they're there.
OneWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 07:06 PM   #22
kobeisgod
I brick open layups

kobeisgod has an OK reputation so far

they will finally go back the pre kg era when nobody knew they existed.
kobeisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 07:11 PM   #23
ZHAKIDD532
#hellobrooklyn

ZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat coolZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat coolZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat cool

the wolves had to do this at some point. they'll be bad for a few years, but long term they'll be better for it I think, they'll have plenty of cap room after the coming seasons as well to sign some veterans to get back in it.
ZHAKIDD532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 07:14 PM   #24
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The Wolves have some serious duplication now. Foye probably can't play PG, neither can Jaric, and neither one of them has the size to play the three. McCants ins't big enough, and neither Gerald Green nor Brewer is strong enough to play the three in my estimation. Plus they still have Ricky who's almost certainly their primary scorer, so he'll have to occupy most of the SF minutes until they can find some value for him.

That gives them six guys off the top of my head who are primarily combo wing players. Jaric has little value due to his contract, Ricky has little value due to his history and first option mentality. McCant's slipped in his own draft due to work ethic concerns and lack of optimal size, and since then has missed a ton of time due to knee injuries, which will raise a flag considering he made up for that size with his athleticism. And unless Green can get on the floor, he's going to be a third year guy who's a total mystery that no one is going to know what his value is. If he does get minutes, it'll be at the expense of Brewer, who was their own first round pick, and who himself slipped in the draft, and without minutes, isn't going to have a ton of value himself in two years.

Personally I'd play Green as much as possible, hope Foye can man the point, or die trying, bury Jaric, sell Ricky for 50 cents on the dollar before he corrupts the youth they have, and let McCants and Brewer split the minutes at the three this year, then try to move McCants, at least you've got more time before you have to reup Brewer.

To top it all off, none of the wings except Ricky, and possibly Brewer is even an average defender. And Blount, Al Jefferson, and Juwan Howard are an awful defensive set up front.

I'd be shocked if they weren't the worst team in the league next year.
Thorpesaurous is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 07:17 PM   #25
BigTicket
Cavs for life

BigTicket is a pretty well-respected posterBigTicket is a pretty well-respected posterBigTicket is a pretty well-respected poster

Wolves will suck next year, would be shocked if they aren't bottom 3 in the league along with Sonics. It's all good though as next years draft looks pretty good and their core looks decent, I don't see anyone who is going to be a superstar though, they will need to pick up a real leader somewhere if they are to be contenders at some point.
BigTicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 07:20 PM   #26
Dbrog
National High School Star

Dbrog has decent reputation

Foye can play point. He did last year. Besides, wolves have Telfair now right? They r set!

Davis will be at the 2 or perhaps McCants.

Brewer or Green can play the 3

Jefferson and Howard is actually quite nice at the 4

Blount at 5....

Actually now that i look at this, I like the young talent and think they have a lot of potential but next year...well.......i'm sorry minny. Still though, isn't this better than having a team with KG going nowhere?
Dbrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 07:22 PM   #27
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbrog
Foye can play point. He did last year. Besides, wolves have Telfair now right? They r set!

Davis will be at the 2 or perhaps McCants.

Brewer or Green can play the 3

Jefferson and Howard is actually quite nice at the 4

Blount at 5....

Actually now that i look at this, I like the young talent and think they have a lot of potential but next year...well.......i'm sorry minny. Still though, isn't this better than having a team with KG going nowhere?

Foye can play PG but he's not a PG. He's more suited to be the SG. Thats why Minny tried to get Rondo and Boston told them to suck it.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 07:36 PM   #28
Fudge
Banned

Fudge has a terrific reputationFudge has a terrific reputationFudge has a terrific reputationFudge has a terrific reputationFudge has a terrific reputation

Essentially, if I were McHale (which I totally don't want to be) i'd unload all of the veterans - maybe leave a couple, mainly Juwan Howard to tutor Craig Smith/Chris Richard a bit.

Hassell/McCants, Blount, and Davis could get something decent in return. Considering their lack of a go-to-guy currently, i'd try to make a run at Bibby. Could wrap up their PG issues and like what GOBB said, Foye is very much suited as a SG anyway.
Fudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 07:47 PM   #29
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation

Horrible.

They will get a top 5 pick, maybe.
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 08:18 PM   #30
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

KG with Wolves--mediocre

KG-less Wolves-awful

Ultimately, it doesn't matter. Might as well as blow up, dump the salary, and start from scratch. The next few years will be lean. Prob. enough so to cause MINN. to dump their management and get some fresh blood in who knows what the h ell they are doing.
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: