Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-30-2007, 11:59 AM   #1
JtotheIzzo
Admlnlstrator

JtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Questions for GMAT and Glove_20 But Moreso For GMAT Because it is More Apropos to Him

This is a serious series of questions, not a p*ss take and I am not trying to have a go at you. I am honestly and truly curious.

Do you guys have a database of Kevin Johnson and Gary Payton statistics, quotes, and web links that you refer to in threads of need?

Are your browsers full of bookmarks which lead to KJ and GP related sources of information?

Have you ever set up excel files to run cross statistical analysis of these players versus other players?

Do you have excel files set up and ready to go for this purpose?

Do you have paragraphs of random text on various KJ and GP related 'fun facts' on your computer that you cut and paste into arguments at your leisure to save time on writing?

What was your score on your GMAT?

Last edited by JtotheIzzo : 07-30-2007 at 12:02 PM.
JtotheIzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 12:03 PM   #2
artificial
:-P

artificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Questions for GMAT and Glove_20 But Moreso For GMAT Because it is More Apropos to

Agreed, the amount of data Gmat provides is impressive. To a point that I'm lazy to read it sometimes.
artificial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 12:04 PM   #3
KINGofTHEcourt
Banned

KINGofTHEcourt has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Questions for GMAT and Glove_20 But Moreso For GMAT Because it is More Apropos to

They just Copy & Paste stuff from basketballreference.com. There is no real substance behind GMAT's posts, just articles written by someone else.
KINGofTHEcourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 12:05 PM   #4
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

What the **** are you talking about? GMAT knows what he's talking about no matter how much you hate him, for whatever reason.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 12:07 PM   #5
KINGofTHEcourt
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker
What the **** are you talking about? GMAT knows what he's talking about no matter how much you hate him, for whatever reason.
Right. So he just posts the link to where he gets all his crap from, at the end of each post, for no reason at all :rollingeyes:. Unless he wrote that stuff, half the stuff he posts comes from the same site.
Old 07-30-2007, 12:09 PM   #6
artificial
:-P

artificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGofTHEcourt
Right. So he just posts the link to where he gets all his crap from, at the end of each post, for no reason at all :rollingeyes:. Unless he wrote that stuff, half the stuff he posts comes from the same site.
Yet he has to search for all that stuff and read it, so I'd say they have some validity.
artificial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 12:09 PM   #7
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

But he obviously knows KJ, down to the most useless stats. He's friggin obsessed with him.
Old 07-30-2007, 12:12 PM   #8
KINGofTHEcourt
Banned

All the stats and stuff can all be found on the same website. Sure he may be obsessed with KJ, but half his arguements about KJ consist of:
-3 articles where Tom Chambers and some other guy glorify KJ.
-Stats that can be easily found
-Articles about why KJ was great by random sportscasters

Those can all be looked up on basketballreference.com
Old 07-30-2007, 12:13 PM   #9
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

He has it all memorized though. Im almost positive of this.
Old 07-30-2007, 12:18 PM   #10
KINGofTHEcourt
Banned

Him posting links at the end of each posts makes me suspicious of how much he actually knows by heart.
Old 07-30-2007, 12:23 PM   #11
Chalkmaze
Good college starter

Chalkmaze has decent reputationChalkmaze has decent reputation

Quantity does not equal quality... It's better to summarize the info and put it in one's own words, while selectively picking a few important quotes to support personal opinion.
Chalkmaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 07:54 PM   #12
Glove_20
The Expert

Glove_20 is considered somewhat coolGlove_20 is considered somewhat coolGlove_20 is considered somewhat cool

Yeah, I don't nearly have as much information as GMAT does. And I don't have anything saved either, all of the links and everything I post, come from memory. Not memory as in what I post, but memory as in where the link was before.

And trust me, GMAT does know his stuff. KINGoftheCourt I don't know why you are talking, you have never even debated with him, you probably just quickly look at the post and the link and go on.

In the last page, yeah, it was all just articles, but he wasn't debating with anyone. When he is responding to someone, he will use all his own words, and his own opinion. And if he uses any statistical reference to what he said, he will provide a link with it. Its just to be more credible. Or even if he says an opinion, he'll post someone else that also has the same opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalkmaze
Quantity does not equal quality... It's better to summarize the info and put it in one's own words, while selectively picking a few important quotes to support personal opinion.

Thats exactly what he does. Except sometimes he posts the whole article and bolds the important quotes.

But yeah KINGoftheCOURT, try arguing with him, or see when he responds to someone, he first talks, and then supports his opinion to be more credible.
Glove_20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 07:57 PM   #13
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater

XxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGofTHEcourt
Him posting links at the end of each posts makes me suspicious of how much he actually knows by heart.
So you're trying to fault him by backing up his statements with a source?
XxNeXuSxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 08:03 PM   #14
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Kblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Some people just talk about one guy so much they basically become living archives of the same information they adjust a little each time its needed. Idoubt hes had to think of anything new about Kevin Johnson in a long time. Like Glove. He doesnt actually have to think about anything Payton related. Or Loki and Jordan. AAP and Knoe with Kobe. Fabawhatever and Dirk. When you devote so much time and effort on one player you can basically stop thinking and repeat yourself hundreds of times. Long as its in a different order and slightly reworded the same info can last for years.
Kblaze8855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 04:45 AM   #15
GMATCallahan
High school junior varsity star

GMATCallahan has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Questions for GMAT and Glove_20 But Moreso For GMAT Because it is More Apropos to Him

Quote:
Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo
This is a serious series of questions, not a p*ss take and I am not trying to have a go at you. I am honestly and truly curious.

Do you guys have a database of Kevin Johnson and Gary Payton statistics, quotes, and web links that you refer to in threads of need?

No, I wish that I did, because it would make it easier. However, I'm not that computer or technology-savvy, so I just have to go through everything manually.

Quote:
Are your browsers full of bookmarks which lead to KJ and GP related sources of information?

I have a couple sites bookmarked, but not much.

Quote:
Have you ever set up excel files to run cross statistical analysis of these players versus other players?

There are some web sites where you can run some comparisons, but it's not all laid out for you.

Quote:
Do you have excel files set up and ready to go for this purpose?

No, I wish that I did, see above.

Quote:
Do you have paragraphs of random text on various KJ and GP related 'fun facts' on your computer that you cut and paste into arguments at your leisure to save time on writing?

If I'd been a computer science major, that would have helped. However, I fell onto the humanities side of the spectrum.

Quote:
What was your score on your GMAT?

I never took it. I did take the GRE, but I forget my score.

Last edited by GMATCallahan : 07-31-2007 at 06:07 AM.
GMATCallahan is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: