Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-30-2007, 11:38 AM   #1
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Smile When It's All Said and Done, I'm Proud to Be a Fan of the Atlantic Division.

I know some of you Raps, Nets and Knicks fans are worried, but I'm not. We can seriously hold our heads up now and mock other divisions like that ****ty SE division or the NW division.

Even if chemistry doesn't work out in places like NY and Boston, on paper their are 4 stacked or at least hefty teams in the Atlantic. Not many teams can say that. Plus Philly did play .500 ball with Iggy leading the charge.

You guys can bicker and cry if you choose to. I'm going to smile and enjoy the show.
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 11:44 AM   #2
rknine15
Buckets Baby

rknine15 is considered somewhat coolrknine15 is considered somewhat coolrknine15 is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: When It's All Said and Done, I'm Proud to Be a Fan of the Atlantic Division.

Quote:
Originally Posted by i seen hippos
We can seriously hold our heads up now and mock other divisions like that ****ty SE division or the NW division.
rknine15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 11:47 AM   #3
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: When It's All Said and Done, I'm Proud to Be a Fan of the Atlantic Division.

i am not an Atlantic Divison fan or an Eastern Conference fan. I am solely a New Jersey Nets fan.

Boston strengthening is terrible news. as if the Toronto/NJ race wasn't already causing anxiety.
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 11:49 AM   #4
DoubleTech
NBA lottery pick

DoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected poster

yea its nice that those "titanic division" jokes will be put to rest.

as a raps fan, im looking forward to playing against better competition... can only make us better, right?
DoubleTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 11:50 AM   #5
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleTech
yea its nice that those "titanic division" jokes will be put to rest.

as a raps fan, im looking forward to playing against better competition... can only make us better, right?

or cost the Raptors a shot at 50 wins
Old 07-30-2007, 11:56 AM   #6
DoubleTech
NBA lottery pick

DoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
or cost the Raptors a shot at 50 wins

meh... winning in the playoffs is what counts. and even though the raptors have only added kapono and delfino, we'll be a better team next year too if only because our best 3 players are 24 or younger. and im REALLY looking forward to the numerous KG vs Bosh matchups... Chris always seems to play his best when going against the league's top PF talent, with the exception of sheed wallace.
DoubleTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 11:59 AM   #7
Shogon Vendetta
Decent playground baller

Shogon Vendetta has an OK reputation so far

What the ****? You're a fan of a division?

I'm an Orlando Magic fan.
I am not a SouthEast division fan.
I am not an Eastern conference fan.

I don't understand... seriously.
Shogon Vendetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 12:02 PM   #8
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shogon Vendetta
What the ****? You're a fan of a division?

I'm an Orlando Magic fan.
I am not a SouthEast division fan.
I am not an Eastern conference fan.

I don't understand... seriously.

Did you wake up today and ask yourself "How can I be completely and utterly useless to this green and blue world I live on?"...?
Old 07-30-2007, 12:13 PM   #9
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

While I solely root for one team (Cavs), you want the rest of your division/conference to do well (not at the expense of your team, of course). That way, if/when your team ever advances deep into the playoffs, people aren't saying that the only reason your team is doing well is b/c of the poor level of competition.
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 12:14 PM   #10
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh1981
While I solely root for one team (Cavs), you want the rest of your division/conference to do well (not at the expense of your team, of course). That way, if/when your team ever advances deep into the playoffs, people aren't saying that the only reason your team is doing well is b/c of the poor level of competition.

those sportswriters are hate rs. your team still won 4 out of 7 right? a playoff series is about who is the better team out of the two. not how these teams matchup in teh grand scheme of things
Old 07-30-2007, 12:21 PM   #11
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
those sportswriters are hate rs. your team still won 4 out of 7 right? a playoff series is about who is the better team out of the two. not how these teams matchup in teh grand scheme of things

At the end of the day, it's not really about what the sportswriters think. It's about results. You take the most finely conditioned athletes in the world, and even when they are down and out, you still have to go out there, execute your game plan, make shots, and beat them. In the case of your teams vs. mine in the second round this past season, we still had to go out there and somehow come up with a game plan vs. a team who was h ellbent on stopping LeBron. We had to stop a future hall of fame PG, VC, and RJ. People don't give us any credit for beating the Nets. A bounce or two goes your way in that series and you guys end up taking the cake instead of us. It was a hard-fought battle and you guys might've beaten us if fully healthy.
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 12:22 PM   #12
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
At the end of the day, it's not really about what the sportswriters think. It's about results. You take the most finely conditioned athletes in the world, and even when they are down and out, you still have to go out there, execute your game plan, make shots, and beat them. In the case of your teams vs. mine in the second round this past season, we still had to go out there and somehow come up with a game plan vs. a team who was h ellbent on stopping LeBron. We had to stop a future hall of fame PG, VC, and RJ. People don't give us any credit for beating the Nets. A bounce or two goes your way in that series and you guys end up taking the cake instead of us. It was a hard-fought battle and you guys might've beaten us if fully healthy.

sportswrtiers just hate Hughes and his bloated contract
Old 07-30-2007, 12:27 PM   #13
kwajo
Missing Since 2009

kwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation here

Newsflash!

Caught on Tape: hippos makes a statement that puts the words "proud" and "Atlantic" in the same sentence. What's next you ask? A love afair with a Newfoundland girl's cod bucket.
kwajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 12:29 PM   #14
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwajo
Newsflash!

Caught on Tape: hippos makes a statement that puts the words "proud" and "Atlantic" in the same sentence. What's next you ask? A love afair with a Newfoundland girl's cod bucket.

I hate Newfies like Jews hate Nazis.
Old 07-30-2007, 12:31 PM   #15
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

MaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this board

Quote:

I agree. While I solely rooting for the Celts, in an off handed way, I do like to see the other teams of our division play relatively well so that I can boast about the level of competition my team had to face to get deep into the playoffs. I certainly won't root for the Knicks, Raptors, Nets or Sixers, but I don't mind them doing well as long as the Celtics are doing better.
MaxFly is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: