Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-30-2007, 11:43 AM   #31
Good Old Willy
DBDs

Good Old Willy is considered somewhat coolGood Old Willy is considered somewhat coolGood Old Willy is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: So who's scared of the Celtics....

If / when the trade goes down it really comes down to who all goes the other way.

I for one am not convinced that the trio of Garnet, PP, and Allen would be so dominant as to master the East for the next 2-3 years, never mind the Atlantic outright. Perhaps, and maybe even likely, but not guaranteed as so many fans have been gleefully saying.

The league's best teams have 5 or 6 more solid guys after their top 2 or 3.

Giving up Jefferson, Rondo, Gerald Green, "multiple future draft picks" and whatever else, guts the rest of the team and the team's future. Even next year. Having 3 stars and nothing else (no offense guys) got New Jersey for example nowhere, and likely nowhere in the future. And the Celts would not even have a half decent PG.

Furthermore as Ray Allen will never again play in an Allstar game, it is arguable (not certain) but arguable that the Nets still have equal or better talent in their top three guys. And in 2009 I would probably take Bosh and Bargnani over any other 1-2 punch in the Atlantic...
Good Old Willy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 11:47 AM   #32
BigTicket
Cavs for life

BigTicket is a pretty well-respected posterBigTicket is a pretty well-respected posterBigTicket is a pretty well-respected poster

Wouldn't say I'm scared but the Cavs road to the finals got a hell of a lot tougher in this offseason that's for sure.

Mostly though I'm looking forwards to seeing these Celtics play, as my nick suggests I have been a big KG fan for a long time, and Ray Allen and Paul Pierce are among my favorite players as well, will be a treat.
BigTicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 11:48 AM   #33
elinss86
Decent playground baller

elinss86 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
why do you care about a Rox/Celts matchup? predicting NBA Finals already?

Payton and Malone Lakers were christened champs before teh season started. we all saw how that turned out.

problem was those 2 were over the hill, all 3 on celtics are in their prime
elinss86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 11:49 AM   #34
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by elinss86
problem was those 2 were over the hill, all 3 on celtics are in their prime

regardless, Payton was still considered highly competent at the tiem (if not no longer primed) and Malone was considered an upgrade over Medvendenko and a solid Horry replacement.
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 11:56 AM   #35
Los Angeles
A Diamond In the Rough

Los Angeles has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Boston bench<<<<Nets Bench

The quality of talent Boston has is substantially larger then that of New Jersey, the simple fact you claimed Vince Carter is far superior then Ray Allen, shows how much you are overrating New Jersey.

Garnett, Allen & Pierce to me are clearly more superior then Kidd, Vince & Jefferson...it's hard for me to break it down for you, but one thing I know for sure...New Jersey don't have a Kevin Garnett on their team, I hear all those false accusations about how Garnett can't win anything, he had ONE good team as far as I can remember and they had to face the likes of LA, Sacramento, SA in those years...he doesn't even need to do much in the 4th, just grab rebounds and play defense...make passes...because Paul Pierce is probably the most overlooked 4th quarter player in this league and Ray Allen is the best shooter in this league. NJ, IMO...will be lucky to win 2 games in the best of 7...and don't bring the bench into this, because Boston will most likely have 2 superstars on the court for an entire game, and we all know that superstars tend to bring the best in role players, give them open looks, bring their confidence up...trust me the minute you're a role player and your team has a chance to win the title, you tend to work harder, have a lot more confidence and motivation to do well for the team.
Los Angeles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 11:59 AM   #36
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Los Angeles
The quality of talent Boston has is substantially larger then that of New Jersey, the simple fact you claimed Vince Carter is far superior then Ray Allen, shows how much you are overrating New Jersey.

Garnett, Allen & Pierce to me are clearly more superior then Kidd, Vince & Jefferson...it's hard for me to break it down for you, but one thing I know for sure...New Jersey don't have a Kevin Garnett on their team, I hear all those false accusations about how Garnett can't win anything, he had ONE good team as far as I can remember and they had to face the likes of LA, Sacramento, SA in those years...he doesn't even need to do much in the 4th, just grab rebounds and play defense...make passes...because Paul Pierce is probably the most overlooked 4th quarter player in this league and Ray Allen is the best shooter in this league. NJ, IMO...will be lucky to win 2 games in the best of 7...and don't bring the bench into this, because Boston will most likely have 2 superstars on the court for an entire game, and we all know that superstars tend to bring the best in role players, give them open looks, bring their confidence up...trust me the minute you're a role player and your team has a chance to win the title, you tend to work harder, have a lot more confidence and motivation to do well for the team.

most of us agree that the Celtics nucleus is better than teh Nets nucleus, but why are you reiterating that statement when it comes to the bench?

the nets bench currently is Nachbar, Collins, Williams, Wright, and Boone.

Sean Williams may go to the NBDL.

and Ray Allen needs to run a lot of flare screens to score. his game in Seattle is rarely if ever spot up shooting. bceause of this alone, I highly doubt Allen averages anywhere near 25PPG in bostno

Last edited by VCDrivesAPorscheToWork : 07-30-2007 at 12:01 PM.
Old 07-30-2007, 12:08 PM   #37
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

Garnett in Boston does not scare me at all. At least not right now.

The Celtic's bench is highly suspect after Delonte West and Ryan Gomes. Paul Pierce still doesn't like playing off the ball. Leadership and chemistry will be an issue cause none of their "big three" has a history of bringing together a locker room. Paul Pierce still doesn't like playing off the ball.

Most importantly of all, Doc Rivers is still the Celtics coach. Sorry but I'm not overly worried yet.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 12:10 PM   #38
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

They dont even have Delonte anymore. Hes out ballin with Durant and Jeff Green.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 12:17 PM   #39
Da KO King

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker
They dont even have Delonte anymore. Hes out ballin with Durant and Jeff Green.
Damn, that's right. He was part of the Ray Allen trade.

So the PG's would be Rajon Rondo and who ever they can pick up through free agency.
Old 07-30-2007, 12:21 PM   #40
Mr_Basketball#1
McCants is Available!!

Mr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da KO King
Damn, that's right. He was part of the Ray Allen trade.

So the PG's would be Rajon Rondo and who ever they can pick up through free agency.

Rondo and Pruitt is all they have...I doubt they have enough cap space to sign another player...They will have to deal with Rondo...Rondo will get alot of minutes...It all depends on who is traded Rondo or telfair...If rondo is traded, Telfair will be the starting pg...Hopefully telfair is traded instead of Rondo though..
Mr_Basketball#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 12:28 PM   #41
Da KO King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Basketball#1
Rondo and Pruitt is all they have...I doubt they have enough cap space to sign another player...They will have to deal with Rondo...Rondo will get alot of minutes...It all depends on who is traded Rondo or telfair...If rondo is traded, Telfair will be the starting pg...Hopefully telfair is traded instead of Rondo though..
The deal that ESPN has up as the current scenario has Telfair going to Minnesota.

As for free agency I was thinking Boston's Mid-Level Exception. The MLE should be more than enough to land Brevin Knight.
Old 07-30-2007, 12:30 PM   #42
rknine15
Buckets Baby

rknine15 is considered somewhat coolrknine15 is considered somewhat coolrknine15 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Los Angeles

PG Pruitt/Allen<<<M.Williams
SG <<<<Wright/House
SF Gomes<<<<Boki
PF Scalabrine/Powe<<<<Boone/SWilliams
C Ratliff >>>Collins

Last edited by rknine15 : 07-30-2007 at 12:33 PM.
rknine15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 12:33 PM   #43
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VC > Allen in that Carter actually drives in half the time (make all the Wince jokes youw ant, watch the games and you'll see it)

Pierce > Jefferson

one on one KG >> Kidd

but in terms of impact, Kidd can equal KGs impact. but it's still apples and oranegs
Old 07-30-2007, 12:39 PM   #44
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

MaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this board

There are a lot of fans in denial, that's for sure... someone earlier said that the Celts would be no more than a .500 team... Everyone will react differently, but I think denial and nervousness are the most common feelings among fans of other Atlantic division teams.

I love it.
MaxFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 12:41 PM   #45
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxFly
There are a lot of fans in denial, that's for sure... someone earlier said that the Celts would be no more than a .500 team... Everyone will react differently, but I think denial and nervousness are the most common feelings among fans of other Atlantic division teams.

I love it.

no one is really anxious in the Atlantic but the Knicks. their playoff hopes have just been shot down.

Raptors and Nets could theoretically play it very closie to the Celts, but overall their paths just got much harder through the playoffs
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: