Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-30-2007, 01:11 PM   #16
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year

fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Kendrick Perkins thinks this draft was overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxSuperStar
coming from a guy who has never lived up to potential...sour grapes anyone?
He was a late first round pick. What more do you want?

My only problem is his criticizism of college basketball yet he has never even played college basketball. He isn't qualified to make the statement he made.
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 01:44 PM   #17
Real Men Wear Green
BathFrog of Doom

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboy11
He was a late first round pick. What more do you want?

My only problem is his criticizism of college basketball yet he has never even played college basketball. He isn't qualified to make the statement he made.
I don't agree with him, but he's played against a lot of the guys in college and he's correct about the difference in d created by the 3-second rule.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 01:46 PM   #18
fatboy11

fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
I don't agree with him, but he's played against a lot of the guys in college and he's correct about the difference in d created by the 3-second rule.
He said flat out, "They don't play defense". That is incorrect.
Old 07-30-2007, 01:53 PM   #19
FireMcFailPlease
Loserville USA

FireMcFailPlease has an OK reputation so far

god what an idiot
FireMcFailPlease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 02:03 PM   #20
Real Men Wear Green
BathFrog of Doom

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
He said flat out, "They don't play defense". That is incorrect.
You're taking him too literally. You really think Perkins would argue that no one in the NCAA ever defends? He's just pointing out how never having to leave the paint makes it different and easier for a big tpo guard the basket.
Old 07-30-2007, 04:43 PM   #21
fatboy11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
You're taking him too literally. You really think Perkins would argue that no one in the NCAA ever defends? He's just pointing out how never having to leave the paint makes it different and easier for a big tpo guard the basket.
So how does that make this draft overrated? How does that make the players, their abilities, and their readiness to contribute overrated?

I don't think he has any right to question that being that he never played college ball. He wants to point out some potentially negative aspects without mentioning the numerous positives. He never played college ball. He doesn't know how "cool" it is. I believe that's what he said. "It's cool in college." Like he would know.

Present any NBA team with a choice between Kendrick Perkins and say.....Al Horford or even Joakim Noah and the NBA team is taking Horford and Noah 10 times out of 10 regardless of what Kendrick Perkins thinks. Those are guys that could actually help save a franchise unlike Kendrick.
Old 07-30-2007, 05:01 PM   #22
Real Men Wear Green
BathFrog of Doom

Quote:
So how does that make this draft overrated? How does that make the players, their abilities, and their readiness to contribute overrated?

I don't think he has any right to question that being that he never played college ball. He wants to point out some potentially negative aspects without mentioning the numerous positives. He never played college ball. He doesn't know how "cool" it is. I believe that's what he said. "It's cool in college." Like he would know.

Present any NBA team with a choice between Kendrick Perkins and say.....Al Horford or even Joakim Noah and the NBA team is taking Horford and Noah 10 times out of 10 regardless of what Kendrick Perkins thinks. Those are guys that could actually help save a franchise unlike Kendrick.
If you read what I wrote, I am not agreeing with Perkins on the draft's value, just what he says about college d, when he points out how it's easier. And seeing as we talk about college and NBA bball all the time while having played neither it's at least slightly hypocritical for you to say he has no "right" to dis college ball. In reality he's played at a much higher level in the NBA and faced many of college's best players both in high school as well as playing in various offseason summer leagues. He may be wrong about the draft being overrated but he's right about the difference in college d (it's easier to protect the basket without the 3-second rule, this is a fact that you can't even argue) and he's faced a lot of these guys as well as better players than any of these guys. He's defended Tim Duncan, Shaq, Jermaine O'Neal, Amare Stoudamire. The guy has the credentials to discuss defense.
Old 07-30-2007, 05:02 PM   #23
eeeeeebro
Decent college freshman

eeeeeebro has decent reputationeeeeeebro has decent reputation

well this only proves one thing... Kendrick has low basketball iq next question lol
eeeeeebro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 07:48 AM   #24
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

Quote:

I mean, I agree with you in that Kendrick is wrong about there being no defense in college basketball, but it's hypocritical for any of us to say that his comments over college basketball are unfounded because he never played college ball. I mean if you think about it, none of us have played NBA basketball, but we sit here commentating about it. By your own logic, unless you have played college ball, you shouldn't say that there is or is no defense in college ball.

EDIT: Sorry, I just read RMWG's post and mine is redundant.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 08:09 AM   #25
jerky10
Decent playground baller

jerky10 has not been impressing people

LOL at him. He has not even proved anything spectacular in his 4 years in the NBA.
jerky10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 09:54 AM   #26
fatboy11

Quote:
Originally Posted by wang4three
I mean, I agree with you in that Kendrick is wrong about there being no defense in college basketball, but it's hypocritical for any of us to say that his comments over college basketball are unfounded because he never played college ball. I mean if you think about it, none of us have played NBA basketball, but we sit here commentating about it. By your own logic, unless you have played college ball, you shouldn't say that there is or is no defense in college ball.

EDIT: Sorry, I just read RMWG's post and mine is redundant.
Yeah....okay........no.

I know when I see defense being played. I know when I see defensive intensity. Defense is played at both levels. Can we not say that since we haven't played either? Yes, we can. It's not silly for us to say that. We aren't saying, "It's cool in college. They don't play defense." He is. There is a big difference.

Whether or not I or anyone else have played college or pro ball is of no relevance because I haven't made unqualified statements as Mr. Perkins has. I think I'm more than qualified to the make the statements I have. I'm not sitting here on the computer saying, "It's cool in the NBA. They can't shoot." Am I? If I said something like that, then I would be hypocritical. What I said was not hypocritical. At all.

Last edited by fatboy11 : 07-31-2007 at 09:59 AM.
Old 07-31-2007, 10:15 AM   #27
yeaaaman
Local High School Star

yeaaaman has decent reputationyeaaaman has decent reputation

perkins shouldnt talk hes on jason collins level... wait, or maybe not even - collins career best year he averaged 6.4ppg and 6.1rpg, perkins best so far has been 5.2ppg and 5.9rpg, wait he's even worse than collins!!!!!!!!!!!
yeaaaman is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: