Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-30-2007, 12:00 AM   #1
qwerty
(o_0)

qwerty has decent reputationqwerty has decent reputation
Default Kendrick Perkins thinks this draft was overrated

Quote:
Kendrick Perkins was home in front of a television with teammates Tony Allen and Al Jefferson [stats] when the ping-pong balls bounced in Portland’s favor two months ago.

I thought we were going to get at least No. 2,” he said. “But when it went down like that, I just said, ‘All right, let’s go.’ ”

Perkins seems determined to prove the C’s already have a good big man - himself.

“Going through the season, it was frustrating for us to keep hearing about how guys who were in college were going to come in and change our team,” he said. “Guys can be good college players, but that’s not on the same level as the NBA. I mean, you take the best college guys right now and put them into an NBA workout, and certain guys will look OK. But I don’t think, except for a few guys, that most of them are ready.

“It’s just hard when you’re sitting there hearing that a 19-year-old is going to come to the NBA and make your team that much better. You’ve got a few that produce pretty quickly in the league. You’ve got your freaks - LeBron James and Dwight Howard - but most guys can’t do what they did right away. I heard that Kevin Durant at the workout couldn’t even lift 185 one time. (Greg) Oden’s a freak - you can’t take that away from him. But just about everyone else is going to need time.”

Perkins might be speaking out of frustration, but he is determined to back it up.

Besides Oden, I think this draft was really overrated,” he said. “It’s cool in college. They don’t play defense. You don’t have the defensive 3-second violation, so guys just stand in the paint. It’s different when you get to the pros.”

He's madd.
qwerty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 12:06 AM   #2
kumquat
College superstar

kumquat is considered somewhat coolkumquat is considered somewhat coolkumquat is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Kendrick Perkins thinks this draft was overrated

I can't wait till Durant dunks on his scrubby ass. Hoffa must be a HOF player considering how much he can bench.
kumquat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 12:10 AM   #3
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Remember that guy who called himself 'Mad Hatter' and just went around calling people 'Maaaaad' all the time.

He was pretty lame.
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 12:19 AM   #4
IGOTGAME
NBA All-star

IGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputation

Kendrick Perlins has to be kidding...calling out Durant...Kendrick dont get mad because you are a bust

Yes I remember back when you were the #1 player in your class and the #1 center like Oden...Then something happend, people started to realize you suck...You suck so much that I really have seen so little of you that I cant even say exactly why you suck
IGOTGAME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 12:25 AM   #5
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year

fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster

I stopped taking what he said seriously when he started talking about college basketball............because he hasn't played a second of college basketball.
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 12:31 AM   #6
DoubleTech
NBA lottery pick

DoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected poster

sounds like perk has something against college guys. weak
DoubleTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 12:35 AM   #7
Kiddlovesnets
NBA Superstar

Kiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation here

He's just afraid, afraid of the threat of those young guys.
Kiddlovesnets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 12:37 AM   #8
trig
Decent college freshman

trig has decent reputationtrig has decent reputation

He should play well first b4 he can speak like that. what has he done in this league? he also has no idea what college. If college is garbage, then what is hs basketball?
trig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 07:14 AM   #9
thejoyofsobe
Local High School Star

thejoyofsobe has an OK reputation so far

I stopped taking Perkins seriously when last offseason he predicted that between Theo Ratliff and himself, that they should at least get 20 rebounds a game between the two of them.
thejoyofsobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 11:20 AM   #10
allball
National High School Star

allball has decent reputationallball has decent reputation

Ah. Kendrick Perkins. good thing he DIDNT go to college. he never would have got drafted.
allball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 11:24 AM   #11
Collie
Good college starter

Collie is popular on this boardCollie is popular on this boardCollie is popular on this boardCollie is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejoyofsobe
I stopped taking Perkins seriously when last offseason he predicted that between Theo Ratliff and himself, that they should at least get 20 rebounds a game between the two of them.

They really should have though...
Collie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 12:28 PM   #12
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Perkins was held back by plantar fasciitis last year. No, he's not going to be anywhere near Durant's level but he improves his body every offseason and definitely brings toughness when he's out there. He's going to be a shot-blocking Charles Oakley.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 12:33 PM   #13
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

I like Kendrick Perkins, even if he did bash on my beloved college basketball. Guy plays tough and isn't scared of anyone. Also like that he speaks his mind, even if he may be wrong.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 12:33 PM   #14
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

MaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this board

Perkins should have kept quiet... Durant is looking great, and if we had an opportunity to sign him, we would have... and we would have been very happy to do so.
MaxFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 01:08 PM   #15
xxxSuperStar
I Like Tacos

xxxSuperStar has an OK reputation so far

coming from a guy who has never lived up to potential...sour grapes anyone?
xxxSuperStar is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: