Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-30-2007, 01:31 AM   #31
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year

fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Players who are great but you would never want as your leader

Allen Iverson (would NEVER even want him on my team)
Tracy McGrady
Yao Ming
Vince Carter
Ray Allen
Carmelo Anthony
Baron Davis
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 01:36 AM   #32
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackjohnson
I think for me, its the fact he probably wants to win more than anyone else in the NBA. you can tell he lives for the sport, shoots in the gym alone when no one else is around, and is crushed when he loses and puts his team before himself. I definitely don't get that feeling when i look at mcgrady, lebron and some others.
Dirk shooting in the gym alone is a reason you think he's a good leader. Hell, I shoot around by myself.
L.Kizzle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 01:38 AM   #33
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
I think for me, its the fact he probably wants to win more than anyone else in the NBA. you can tell he lives for the sport, shoots in the gym alone when no one else is around, and is crushed when he loses and puts his team before himself. I definitely don't get that feeling when i look at mcgrady, lebron and some others.
What a load of garbage. Will to win? Because he shoots the ball by himself? Ugh. I'll let you know we come across logic poorer than what you just used.
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 01:44 AM   #34
jackjohnson
Banned

jackjohnson has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidonKs
What a load of garbage. Will to win? Because he shoots the ball by himself? Ugh. I'll let you know we come across logic poorer than what you just used.

well obviously thats not literally I meant. while guys like lebron are concerned with being a global icon and other guys get satisfied once they get their big contract, nowitzki has always been known for working in the gym constantly to expand his game.
while US players are whining about having to play more bball over the summer, nowitzki has been playing year round ever since he came into the NBA. you have to respect that. and he never gets major injuries
jackjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 01:48 AM   #35
selrahc
Local High School Star

selrahc has one of the lowest reputations on this boardselrahc has one of the lowest reputations on this boardselrahc has one of the lowest reputations on this boardselrahc has one of the lowest reputations on this boardselrahc has one of the lowest reputations on this boardselrahc has one of the lowest reputations on this boardselrahc has one of the lowest reputations on this board

basically any player who only scores (allen iverson) or has a lack of intensity (vince carter)
selrahc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 02:01 AM   #36
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
well obviously thats not literally I meant. while guys like lebron are concerned with being a global icon and other guys get satisfied once they get their big contract, nowitzki has always been known for working in the gym constantly to expand his game.
while US players are whining about having to play more bball over the summer, nowitzki has been playing year round ever since he came into the NBA. you have to respect that. and he never gets major injuries
Again, rubbish.

LeBron's played for team USA the last few years. LeBron hasn't sustained any major injuries. LeBron (obviously) looks to expand his game by having a tireless work ethic (like LOADS of players in the league). LeBron didn't lower his level of play after he got the $90M from Nike. In fact, he took it to another level. Obviously wasn't 'satisfied' with just taking the money and not giving it his all. How do you know Dirk 'wants to win' anymore than Deshawn Stevenson, or Chris Kaman, or Darrel Armstrong? Because he's better? Since when does talent equal desire?

All you have going against LeBron is the fact that he said he want to be a global icon, or the richest man in the world, or whatever. That's what you have seperating him from Dirk right now. His own words. No actions to speak of, just a few statements he made to the press. And now you're assuming that Dirk obviously wants to win more, or has more desire for the game, just because LeBron said he wants to be a global icon?

And that's just LeBron. There is NOTHING seperating Dirk, Iverson, KG and all of those guys who are constantly praised for having 'heart' from 90% of the league's role players, who want it just as bad, but just aren't as talented so they don't get to showcase it.

Again, horrible logic. And you aren't the first. Everytime a thread comes up asking who has the most heart, you get the same old answers. The stereotypical superstar answers. The incorrect answers.
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 02:16 AM   #37
-primetime-

wow...I was expecting to see non-stop Dirk bashing in here

but just a bunch of AI hate instead

I would bet my life savings that AI will never EVER win a ring

but I will wait for Richie to come in here and defend him
Old 07-30-2007, 02:20 AM   #38
IGOTGAME
NBA All-star

IGOTGAME has a near all-star reputation hereIGOTGAME has a near all-star reputation hereIGOTGAME has a near all-star reputation hereIGOTGAME has a near all-star reputation hereIGOTGAME has a near all-star reputation hereIGOTGAME has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidonKs
Again, rubbish.

LeBron (obviously) looks to expand his game by having a tireless work ethic (like LOADS of players in the league). .

I totally disagree with that..I think Lebron has a very poor work ethic but is a bball prodogy... Just look at his offensive skills.. He isnt very skilled at the parts of the game you improve at by skill work..His handle isnt great and his jumper isnt very good....

Lebron said in an artile he shoots 300 shots a day in the off season, That realy not a lot..Maybe he meant makes but thats still not a lot..
IGOTGAME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 02:24 AM   #39
jackjohnson
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
I totally disagree with that..I think Lebron has a very poor work ethic but is a bball prodogy... Just look at his offensive skills.. He isnt very skilled at the parts of the game you improve at by skill work..His handle isnt great and his jumper isnt very good....

Lebron said in an artile he shoots 300 shots a day in the off season, That realy not a lot..Maybe he meant makes but thats still not a lot..

yeah i didn't want to argue with that guy because it's a pretty worthless argument. but based on what i have read, these stars are the guys with true passion/work ethic who play for the love:

dirk
kg
kobe
pierce
nash
wade

guys like iverson, shaq who have no respect for practice, coaches etc aren't the types i admire.
Old 07-30-2007, 02:28 AM   #40
IGOTGAME
NBA All-star

IGOTGAME has a near all-star reputation hereIGOTGAME has a near all-star reputation hereIGOTGAME has a near all-star reputation hereIGOTGAME has a near all-star reputation hereIGOTGAME has a near all-star reputation hereIGOTGAME has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
yeah i didn't want to argue with that guy because it's a pretty worthless argument. but based on what i have read, these stars are the guys with true passion/work ethic who play for the love:

dirk
kg
kobe
pierce
nash
wade

guys like iverson, shaq who have no respect for practice, coaches etc aren't the types i admire.

now I dont agree with that either..they just have the talent to show off their work...What makes KG work any harder then a guy like Haslem who had to fight to get into the league and who no one drafted or believed in...Or a guy like Raja Bell who had to fight his way into the league and busts his behind every night
IGOTGAME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 02:29 AM   #41
jackjohnson
Banned

Quote:
now I dont agree with that either..they just have the talent to show off their work...What makes KG work any harder then a guy like Haslem who had to fight to get into the league and who no one drafted or believed in...Or a guy like Raja Bell who had to fight his way into the league and busts his behind every night

i specified only "stars"
Old 07-30-2007, 03:02 AM   #42
brantonli
In Morey We Trust!

brantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

This is just stupid, how the hell do you know if people like McGrady and Lebron don't train in their personal gym all day? Just becasue you 'feel' they don't doesn't mean they don't. Hell, McGrady has his own personal basketball court, I'm sure he could curry up 15 minutes just to shoot around.
brantonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 03:36 AM   #43
wizardsextreme
Banned

wizardsextreme has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
I think it's bull**** you don't include Dirk's bum ass on the list because he's allegedly always in the gym but yet you include Gilbert Arenas earlier in the thread. Dude lives in the gym.
wizardsextreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 03:48 AM   #44
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

Cannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:

Really. Someone needs to knock him down a level and tell him if he wants to be the richest athlete he is going to have to be the best NBA player ever. If he shot 1000 shots a day imagine how good he would be.

He needs to stop with all the commercials and crap. Get your ass in the gym.
Cannonball is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: