Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-29-2007, 09:18 PM   #1
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Central Division discussion

Team rankings:
1. Cleveland
2. Detroit
3. Chicago
4. Milwaukee
5. Indiana

Top 10 players in division:
1. LeBron James
2. Michael Redd
3. Chauncey Billups
4. Jermaine O'Neal
5. Ben Gordan
6. Luol Deng
7. Richard Hamilton
8. Rasheed Wallace
9. Kirk Hinrich
10. Tayshaun Prince

just missed: Ben Wallace, Danny Granger, Mo Williams, Zydrunas Ilgauskas
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 09:27 PM   #2
Richie2k6
Smooth Like Butter

Richie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Central Division discussion

I think Detroit will get back in the hunt for taking the East. A lot of people are saying they're too old and have no chance, but I still think they have a bit of gas and will make a final push for that championship once again before it's time to dismantle and get younger.

Don't sleep on the Pistons.
Richie2k6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 09:28 PM   #3
Agent_Zero
Great college starter

Agent_Zero is considered somewhat coolAgent_Zero is considered somewhat cool

Billups is number 2 in the division, not Redd. and i think wallace gets it over tayshaun.
Agent_Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 09:28 PM   #4
Fudge
NBA Legend

Fudge is a pretty well-respected posterFudge is a pretty well-respected posterFudge is a pretty well-respected poster

Billups before Redd, then it would be perfect.
Fudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 09:29 PM   #5
otmtheshank
Good High School Starter

otmtheshank has an OK reputation so far

I think Chicago will be the team in the central to beat this season. Followed by Cleveland and Detroit, Milwaukee, Indiana.

And Kirk Hinrich below Ben Gordon? Very few Chicago fans would say that. But don't worry, Hinrich is underrated by everybody. It is good to see you give Granger his due though.
otmtheshank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 09:31 PM   #6
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Billups over Redd? Really? I stick with Redd at number 2.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 09:33 PM   #7
Richie2k6
Smooth Like Butter

Richie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by otmtheshank
I think Chicago will be the team in the central to beat this season. Followed by Cleveland and Detroit, Milwaukee, Indiana.

And Kirk Hinrich below Ben Gordon? Very few Chicago fans would say that. But don't worry, Hinrich is underrated by everybody. It is good to see you give Granger his due though.
Yeah, I like Granger's game. And I agree with Billups over Redd. Redd is far too one-dimensional. Correct me if I'm wrong Bucks fans, but if Redd isn't scoring, he isn't extremely useful in my view. He's not a great defender, not a playmaker, not a rebounder, so if he isn't scoring well, he isn't much of a threat. But then again how often is he not scoring well. Top 10 scorer in the league.
Richie2k6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 09:33 PM   #8
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

Cannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by otmtheshank

Yeah in the east it will be a toss up against Det Chi or Cle. I'm hoping it's Cle but I don't think anyone knows who is going to win it.

Chi is who I'm worried about

Kirk
Ben
Deng
Noconi/Tyrus
Big Ben

Those 6 guys are legit.
Cannonball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 09:39 PM   #9
Agent_Zero
Great college starter

Agent_Zero is considered somewhat coolAgent_Zero is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker
Billups over Redd? Really? I stick with Redd at number 2.

I have to disagree. A Finals MVP who has made it into the playoffs deep every year vs a guy who just scores, like richie said and hasn't had much success.

I take the Finals MVP.
Agent_Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 10:36 PM   #10
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Detroit should take the division again. Playoffs will be a different story, but they won the division with not much worry. It got close in March but that was it.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 10:54 PM   #11
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro

Y2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected poster

Detroit then Chicago then Cleveland is how I think powerrankings for that division should go
Y2Gezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 10:57 PM   #12
Lebron23
Banned

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
Detroit should take the division again. Playoffs will be a different story, but they won the division with not much worry. It got close in March but that was it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1Px-jPm_TU

Dejavu
, All Over again!!!!!
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 11:03 PM   #13
suedon70
Can barely lace up my sneakers

suedon70 has an OK reputation so far

I would have Cleveland, Chicago, Detroit, Indy, & Bucks in that order. Chicago will be a very close second, tho
suedon70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 11:20 PM   #14
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

Cannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation here

Yeah IMO its a major toss up between CLE DET or CHI. Seriously I can't pick. I want to pick cle because they are my team, but it all depends on how gibson plays. Now if hughes starts shooting 48% a game and is playing well Cle should be able to control the east. But then you have DET, I just don't know how well they will do without a center. I wouldn't be suprised to see CHI take it either.

Idk all I can say is don't bet on who will the east.
Cannonball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 11:24 PM   #15
dejordan
Mars Blackmon Lives!

dejordan has an OK reputation so far

chicago, detroit, and cleveland will all be contenders to come out of the east next year. reminds me of the end of the 80s / beginning of the 90s all over again. don't sleep on the bucks if they get something useful for yi too.
dejordan is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: