Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-29-2007, 12:53 PM   #31
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Compare Kevin Durant to a Player

Keith Van Horn when Keith played aggressively.

Before anyone gets up in arms over the comparison keep in mind that Van Horn was a 18 points and 8 boards player before having the Milwaukee Bucks kill his career.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 01:22 PM   #32
MJ23
Banned

MJ23 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by wang4three
Shawn Marion? Geez, what planet do you live on?
As for KVH Comparison....Get out of here. I've seen KVH's best days and Durant looks he'll be a lot better. He doesn't seem to have the self-confidence issues. Also Kevin's game is more natural while KVH was a bit more deceptive with his game--meaning he was more of a flopper than given credit for.

T-Mac is a fine comparison. Game looked effortless and smooth.

Earth
MJ23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 01:24 PM   #33
CAYO
Serious playground baller

CAYO has an OK reputation so far

A mixture of TMC NOWITSKY AND CAMBY
CAYO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 01:39 PM   #34
Dbrog
National High School Star

Dbrog has decent reputation

Al Harrington
Dbrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 03:11 PM   #35
otmtheshank
Good High School Starter

otmtheshank has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by wang4three
Like Durant and KVH, I don't think you've watched Kenyon Martin play. Kenyon was a great defender-post and perimeter-for us. He was one the best shot blockers coming out of college just like Sean Williams is. As for Kenyon Martin being great in the offensive post? News to me. He was always a guy who was better facing up his opponent than posting them up.

The only thing Sean Williams and Kenyon Martin shared coming out of college was their freakish athleticism which allowed them to be the best shotblockers in the country. They have no similar offensive skills however. Sean Williams has basically no offensive skills. His free-throw shooting has improved, showing he has the potential to develop a mid-range game, but that's it.The majority of his points came from tip-ins/dunks. Martin on the other hand, combined those athletic dunks with a great mid-range jump shot, and the ability to take his man off the dribble. He also showed off his solid post skills during his senior year with the Bearcats. I'm sure you've seen more of K-Mart then I have, considering you're a nets fan, but judging by your comparison of Sean to K-Mart, and you're dismissal of a comparison between KVH and Durant, I doubt you have seen these rookies play enough to properly judge them.
otmtheshank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 03:54 PM   #36
HollaBolla
Banned

HollaBolla has an OK reputation so far

I would say Wang Zhizhi or Cory Alexander.
HollaBolla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 03:59 PM   #37
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle is a pretty well-respected posterL.Kizzle is a pretty well-respected posterL.Kizzle is a pretty well-respected poster

I already told y'all Ice Gervin and y'all will see why a couple of years down the line. A skinny scorer who will get you 25+, put up a decent number of boards withabout 6+ and average assist numbers in about 3 to 4.
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 05:27 PM   #38
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro

Y2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected poster

Rashard Lewis with a superstar mentality. Maybe slightly better handles, but only slightly. But right now, he's got a while to go before he's even as strong as Shard.
Y2Gezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 05:28 PM   #39
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Jonathan Bender.
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 05:35 PM   #40
IGOTGAME
NBA All-star

IGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputation

I think the biggest thing that stood out to me about Durant is his supreme confidence in himself and his abilities on the bball court..For that reason I dont think the KVH comparisons are valid..

The do agree with the Iceman comments as far as skill set but im not so sure KD will shy away from defense as much(at least I hope)
IGOTGAME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 06:19 PM   #41
BankShot
5-time NBA All-Star

BankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Glenn Robinson - Rashard Lewis - Al Harrington
BankShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 07:14 PM   #42
snipes12
Dirk Madness

snipes12 has not been impressing people

more athletic antoine walker
snipes12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 08:44 PM   #43
kobeisgod
I brick open layups

kobeisgod has an OK reputation so far

kerry kittles with hops
kobeisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 09:32 PM   #44
wTFaMonkey
RP 4 lyfe

wTFaMonkey is considered somewhat coolwTFaMonkey is considered somewhat coolwTFaMonkey is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by HollaBolla
I would say Wang Zhizhi or Cory Alexander.

LOL!
wTFaMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 09:48 PM   #45
Rockets(T-mac)
NBA sixth man of the year

Rockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAYO
A mixture of TMC NOWITSKY AND CAMBY
Where did Camby come from?

He is probably as already mentioned a more versitile Rashard Lewis. T-mac is quicker and has much better playmaking ability. They are similar but Durant is more of a pure scorer with a lot more post moves.
Rockets(T-mac) is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: