Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-28-2007, 11:20 PM   #1
thenextgreatbigman
Banned

thenextgreatbigman has an OK reputation so far
Default Chris Paul Wall and a question.

http://www.hoops4life.com/gallery/uploads/...hris%201024.jpg
http://www.hoops4life.com/gallery/uploads/...wall%201280.jpg
http://www.hoops4life.com/gallery/uploads/...%201280%202.jpg
(made by me)

I loved deron williams since college and his playoff performance was great but some people went as far as saying that he's better than chirs. It seems like paul dropped off the radar after the injury and missing the playoffs, he's still better than deron. Who do you think is better now? Who will have a better career? and which one would you want on your team?
thenextgreatbigman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 11:50 PM   #2
rocfan1
Kids at the park dunk on me

rocfan1 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Chris Paul Wall and a question.

Whos better now? Deron Williams

Who will have a better career? Deron Williams

Who would you have on your team? Deron Williams

chris paul will have a career full of injurys!

as for deron williams avg. 25 a game in the west finals against the best team in the NBA no other Pg in the NBA is doing that not Nash not Kidd

you watched the USA scrimage deron was the best Pg out there!! and team blue played like sh*t when he wasn't in the game,not to mention he was quarterbacking that fourth quarter come back and finished with 6 and 13

Don't get me wrong Kidd had some very nice passes in the first half to lebron!! but deron was the best Pg out there

coach K isn't stupid, Deron will be starting by the end of the qualifying tournament!

any other questions?
rocfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 11:50 PM   #3
90sDynasty
Decent playground baller

90sDynasty has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenextgreatbigman
(made by me)

I loved deron williams since college and his playoff performance was great but some people went as far as saying that he's better than chirs. It seems like paul dropped off the radar after the injury and missing the playoffs, he's still better than deron. Who do you think is better now? Who will have a better career? and which one would you want on your team?

Can't a Chris Paul thread exist without comparing him to Deron, or a Deron thread without a Paul comparison?
90sDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 12:12 AM   #4
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

saKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Chris Paul Wall

"Yuh wanna see my what?!?!"
saKf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 12:16 AM   #5
90sDynasty
Decent playground baller

90sDynasty has an OK reputation so far

He looks 12 in that picture haha.
90sDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 12:18 AM   #6
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenextgreatbigman
(made by me)

I've always said Deron is better. Deron's has consistently beaten paul since college. Nothing has changed since then.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 01:36 AM   #7
rocfan1
Kids at the park dunk on me

rocfan1 has an OK reputation so far

Deron williams will be learning this summer how to become a better player in the jason Kidd school of PG play

While chris pau(injured yet again) is going to watch deron run team USA's offense from the sidelines
rocfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 02:43 AM   #8
brantonli
In Morey We Trust!

brantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Saying Deron Williams is better than Kidd is going to the other extreme, even for one match.

But I'm still undecided on the two PGs, I'm wondering what if you put Paul on the Jazz and Williams on the Hornets? Would there be any doubt that everybody would think Paul is way better than Williams? I'll be reserving judgement until the Hornets are healthy.
brantonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 04:21 AM   #9
Copperhead
Local High School Star

Copperhead has decent reputationCopperhead has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocfan1
Deron williams will be learning this summer how to become a better player in the jason Kidd school of PG play

While chris pau(injured yet again) is going to watch deron run team USA's offense from the sidelines

Well isn't that what Deron was doing last summer? Except he wasn't even watching Team USA from the sidelines but watching from home instead. Paul was watching Deron in the playoffs from home this summer but I'm pretty sure that will change next season with a healthy Hornets team.

You're sounding like he's injured all the time or something. His first severe ankle sprain which led to him putting more pressure on the favored foot causing a stress fracture in it (which he played the last 17 or so games of the season on) and you say he's injured "again". I'm glad he gets to rest this summer. Before he had that freak injury (and don't think that Deron's ankle wouldn't be sprained if he landed on a big slugs foot) he had played b-ball for about 4 years (including the summer) straight so there's no doubt he could use the rest.

I just so happened to come here to find this thread and I just so happen to read this article on yesterday. Seems these players are going to be compared plenty.

http://dberri.wordpress.com/2007/05/...ng-chris-paul/

Last edited by Copperhead : 07-29-2007 at 05:05 AM.
Copperhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 04:24 AM   #10
Copperhead
Local High School Star

Copperhead has decent reputationCopperhead has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocfan1
Whos better now? Deron Williams

Who will have a better career? Deron Williams

Who would you have on your team? Deron Williams

chris paul will have a career full of injurys!

as for deron williams avg. 25 a game in the west finals against the best team in the NBA no other Pg in the NBA is doing that not Nash not Kidd

you watched the USA scrimage deron was the best Pg out there!! and team blue played like sh*t when he wasn't in the game,not to mention he was quarterbacking that fourth quarter come back and finished with 6 and 13

Don't get me wrong Kidd had some very nice passes in the first half to lebron!! but deron was the best Pg out there

coach K isn't stupid, Deron will be starting by the end of the qualifying tournament!

any other questions?

No, Jason Kidd was the best pg out there. Deron didn't have 13 assists. Not saying that he can't because we all know he's capable of doing so but he wasn't the best pg out there. 9asts and 5 turnovers wouldn't be considered the best point guard out there. He double-dribbled early in the game to turn it over. He'd better get a grasp on those turnovers because the international teams will certainly convert them into points.

Official boxscore...

http://www.usabasketball.com/seniorm...nt_exhbox1.pdf

Last edited by Copperhead : 07-29-2007 at 04:32 AM.
Copperhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 05:24 AM   #11
cdot11
Peace.

cdot11 has an OK reputation so far

paul is a better passer, creates more shots for himself and others, handles the ball better, but is always injured.

williams is stronger, healthy, a better shooter, a better defender, on a better team.

take your pick.
cdot11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 05:51 AM   #12
trig
Decent college freshman

trig has decent reputationtrig has decent reputation

Until paul gets a consistent jumpshot, he will just be a better version of TJ Ford. Chris might be the better creator/penetrator but Deron has more balance in his game
trig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 05:56 AM   #13
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

Cannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation here

Man chris paul is SEXY. no homo.
Cannonball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 11:20 AM   #14
yobore
Great college starter

yobore is considered somewhat coolyobore is considered somewhat coolyobore is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by trig
Until paul gets a consistent jumpshot, he will just be a better version of TJ Ford. Chris might be the better creator/penetrator but Deron has more balance in his game
I don't know I consider Paul a little more versatile on offense. His jump shot isn't that bad he shoots the 3 better than Deron. Deron has an ownage mid-range game but where Paul might beat everyone in the league is vision while making moves in traffic, which makes up for it IMO. And Paul is very good at taking care of the ball.
yobore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 12:05 PM   #15
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdot11
paul is a better passer, creates more shots for himself and others, handles the ball better, but is always injured.

williams is stronger, healthy, a better shooter, a better defender, on a better team.

take your pick.

Passer and better playmaker? I think not. Chris Paul may have better scoring instincts--and I use the word better very loosely, but there isn't anything Paul does that has a great advantage than Deron, including speed.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: