Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-28-2007, 11:32 AM   #16
wally_world
M0derator

wally_world is considered somewhat coolwally_world is considered somewhat coolwally_world is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: is Barbosa that much better then marcus Banks?

answer to your question... yes...
explanation... not required...
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 12:41 PM   #17
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I'd like to see Marcus Banks to the Heat. I think he's good enough to start there, and show what he's got. There's something wrong with him in Phoenix.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 03:30 PM   #18
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I saw enough of Banks to tell you what his problem is. He plays PG the way the Bronco RBs are taught to run. His head is almost always down, and he's range of vision is limited to a narrow cone in front of him where he's looking for gaps to barge into rather than open teammates. This combined with the fact that he just can't shoot, meaning everyone plays off of him at least a full step, nullifying his quickness advantage, means he's not very good offensively.

He does bring a few things to the table. He tends to draw fouls, mostly because he's going to go to the bucket, weather it's the right thing to do or not. And he is a very good defender. He applies a ton of pressure on the ball. I'm sure that was the vision for him in Phx. Let him take some of the defensive pressure off of Nash, and for short stretches you at least don't affect the pace you play at. But in that system, to have a guy who doesn't have the jumpshot or midrange game to play off the ball, and who every time he gets the ball it freezes in his hands for at least 3 beats, is just devastating. He wasn't a good fit when they got him, and they overpaid him on top of that.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 04:01 PM   #19
Los Angeles
A Diamond In the Rough

Los Angeles has an OK reputation so far

I'm not sure if Tony Parker is better then Barbosa, let alone Marcus Banks.
Los Angeles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 04:39 PM   #20
deion2123
High school junior varsity star

deion2123 has an OK reputation so far

Barbose is a helluva better than Banks....Banks is quick but Barbosa has more speed and can finish better
deion2123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 07:30 PM   #21
AllNBAArenas
Decent playground baller

AllNBAArenas has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Los Angeles
I'm not sure if Tony Parker is better then Barbosa, let alone Marcus Banks.

You are pretty dumb.

A player who mainly shines because he thrives in a great running team's system is better than the Final's MVP?
AllNBAArenas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 07:32 PM   #22
PhxFanAtBirth
High School JV MVP

PhxFanAtBirth has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllNBAArenas
You are pretty dumb.

A player who mainly shines because he thrives in a great running team's system is better than the Final's MVP?

Not trying to argue or anything but you didn't have to try very hard against the cavs to win the nba final MVP...... Just saying that argument is a little invalid....
PhxFanAtBirth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 08:01 PM   #23
Dr Giggles
Kids at the park dunk on me

Dr Giggles has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllNBAArenas
You are pretty dumb.

I like Parker, but Barbosa would have done similar damage against the Cavs if he was the primary offensive option during a series.
Dr Giggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 08:08 PM   #24
Los Angeles
A Diamond In the Rough

Los Angeles has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

You say that like I should have the utmost respect for Tony Parker. Tim Duncan gave that chance to Tony Parker. All he did was score, score, score...exactly what Barbosa does for Phoenix, he comes off the bench to give them that needed spark...Parker would have never won a finals MVP if he played for Phoenix and was getting those same 25 minutes behind Nash. Is it my fault that I can see past the trophies and minutes? I'm surely not the only person on this board that recognize how special of a player Barbosa is. I'm very anxious to see this man start for a team, he'll move up the rankings pretty quickly.

Every Laker fan fears Barbosa probably more then any other Phoenix player in the last 2 years, mainly in the playoffs. He simply torched us, he's also a better 3 point shooter then Parker...he is just as quick, he can go inside just as well...neither are great defenders.

So if you added the finals MVP line with the intention of claiming Parker is somehow a bigger threat come playoff time, you really have no clue how well Barbosa played in the playoffs.

And I'm not saying Barbosa is better, but I am saying when Barbosa gets the same chance to be a starting PG for a team; he could surpass the likes of a Tony Parker, in my opinion it's not a dumb statement to make.

Last edited by Los Angeles : 07-28-2007 at 08:12 PM.
Los Angeles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 08:47 PM   #25
CAYO
Serious playground baller

CAYO has an OK reputation so far

Yes Barbosa is much better
CAYO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 06:24 PM   #26
fknc
Get JJ Minutes

fknc is considered somewhat coolfknc is considered somewhat cool

Yes Barbosa is that much better than Banks. Banks is quick but Barbosa could run circles around him. Barbosa is top three in quicks with and without the ball. He's also able to shoot the ball very well whereas Banks from time to time looks like he's throwing up oops to invisible teammates.
fknc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 06:28 PM   #27
American Willy
Banned

American Willy has an OK reputation so far

Is the Sun yellow?
Does the world revolve around the sun?
Is Geewiz a virgin?
American Willy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 07:47 PM   #28
ZHAKIDD532
#hellobrooklyn

ZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat coolZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat coolZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat cool

barbosa is the quickest in the game and he's a really good scorer off the bench. Banks doesn't contribute for a reason. Yes, he's that much better...
ZHAKIDD532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 09:26 PM   #29
YaoMacBat11
Decent playground baller

YaoMacBat11 has an OK reputation so far

WOW why would anyone think or ask this?

I was reading someone said banks was quicker and faster than Barbosa...

ARE you serious? Barbosa is one of the if not the fastest players in the NBA with the ball..

If Barbosa was traded right now he could start and probably be in the top 20 scoring, the guy is a monster
YaoMacBat11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 12:42 AM   #30
PP34Deuce
Good college starter

PP34Deuce has decent reputationPP34Deuce has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by YaoMacBat11
WOW why would anyone think or ask this?

I was reading someone said banks was quicker and faster than Barbosa...

ARE you serious? Barbosa is one of the if not the fastest players in the NBA with the ball..

If Barbosa was traded right now he could start and probably be in the top 20 scoring, the guy is a monster

Honestly Banks is a better athlete, Their speed is about a half step, but Banks is quicker and stronger, and a better leaper.

How is barbosa is a flat out better penetrator.......hes either got a bucket or hes blocked. with banks you get fouls drawn and he uses his strength better. Hes not that bad of a shooter.

Barbosa is a black hole in the second unit,people question why Diaw never got it going and it was barbosa isos all day long. You guys fault Banks for the same stuff Barbosa does.

Barbosa is a scorer,a very good one but.. Banks is a playmaker like the one guy said.

Barbosa can give you 15 point quarters, but banks can give you defensive stops and when he is on offensively(tho erratic) he is more valuable then Barbosa.
PP34Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: