Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-28-2007, 12:31 AM   #1
PP34Deuce
Good college starter

PP34Deuce has decent reputationPP34Deuce has decent reputation
Default is Barbosa that much better then marcus Banks?

I go to Phoenix boards,and ive never seen a player so hated or bashed on a team.

Barbosa is a "rising star" but i dont see barbosa as anything more then a great 6th man, decent starter. IF you break abilities and skills down the gap between banks and barbosa is not that bad.

BOth are the same age
Barbosa is faster by like a nose,but banks is quicker by a half step.
Banks is stronger physically,while Barbosa is taller.
Banks is a better penetrator.

I give Barbosa consistency, but every year i hear there is no back up for Nash to spell him. Dantoni never gave him the chance. Banks is not that bad,hes better at PG for fill in then Barbosa. and hes a vastly superior defender to barbosa.

Mike James didnt get it til 29, Banks is 25 and hes not given the chance to see if he can play, he did pretty well in MInnesota.
PP34Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 12:36 AM   #2
bomber
Good college starter

bomber has decent reputationbomber has decent reputation
Default Re: is Barbosa that much better then marcus Banks?

Yeah right now he is much better. Banks shows flashes of brilliance which tease you then is Casper for 4-5 games. He could develop but he needs to be consistent.
bomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 12:39 AM   #3
PhxFanAtBirth
High School JV MVP

PhxFanAtBirth has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by PP34Deuce
I go to Phoenix boards,and ive never seen a player so hated or bashed on a team.

Barbosa is a "rising star" but i dont see barbosa as anything more then a great 6th man, decent starter. IF you break abilities and skills down the gap between banks and barbosa is not that bad.

BOth are the same age

I give Barbosa consistency, but every year i hear there is no back up for Nash to spell him. Dantoni never gave him the chance. Banks is not that bad,hes better at PG for fill in then Barbosa. and hes a vastly superior defender to barbosa.

Mike James didnt get it til 29, Banks is 25 and hes not given the chance to see if he can play, he did pretty well in MInnesota.

You didn't watch too many Suns games Barbosa is a far better penetrator. He's consistent and Banks is too much of a inconsistency liability like somebody said before me he shows flashes of brilliance only to follow it up with a stupid decision down on the other end.
PhxFanAtBirth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 12:40 AM   #4
PP34Deuce
Good college starter

I just dont see why they want to trade him unless its for a rebounding 6'11 big, or something....

I wouldnt just dump him for cash because at 4 million hes a bargain,he came in the league pretty young and hes only 25.
Old 07-28-2007, 12:43 AM   #5
bomber
Good college starter

bomber has decent reputationbomber has decent reputation

Quote:
I just dont see why they want to trade him unless its for a rebounding 6'11 big, or something....

How many are out their for a guy like banks?
bomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 12:44 AM   #6
PP34Deuce
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhxFanAtBirth
You didn't watch too many Suns games Barbosa is a far better penetrator. He's consistent and Banks is too much of a inconsistency liability like somebody said before me he shows flashes of brilliance only to follow it up with a stupid decision down on the other end.

Yes i do, Banks is a better penetrator...

Banks is stronger then barbosa, he doesnt just do reverses,banks can body up and still finish. Banks has a better controlled dribble much more natural. Banks knows how to draw fouls.

Barbosa is a much better shooter, but honestly Banks is better at driving,rebounding,and defense.
Old 07-28-2007, 01:00 AM   #7
el_locoteee
Decent college freshman

el_locoteee has decent reputationel_locoteee has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by PP34Deuce
Yes i do, Banks is a better penetrator...

Banks is stronger then barbosa, he doesnt just do reverses,banks can body up and still finish. Banks has a better controlled dribble much more natural. Banks knows how to draw fouls.

Barbosa is a much better shooter, but honestly Banks is better at driving,rebounding,and defense.

Are you related to Banks

And Yes Barbosa is much better.
el_locoteee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 01:11 AM   #8
clayton
Lakers 4 life. Kobe!

clayton is considered somewhat coolclayton is considered somewhat coolclayton is considered somewhat cool

Barbosa needs better handling and stop taking retarded penetration attempt when there are defenders right in front of him. If this is checked, he'll be a starter material.
clayton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 01:20 AM   #9
Agent_Zero
Great college starter

Agent_Zero is considered somewhat coolAgent_Zero is considered somewhat cool

Yes. Barbosa can shoot, has accolades already, he can play the 1 decently, create his own shot.
Agent_Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 01:23 AM   #10
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Kblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Yes.
Kblaze8855 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 01:24 AM   #11
Rab
Jared Dudley's #1 Fan

Rab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this board

Quote:

What has Barbosa done to show you he won't keep improving? As is, Barbosa is much better than Banks at pretty much everything.

Quote:
BOth are the same age
- What does age have to do with who's better?
- The difference between Barbosa and Banks is that Barbosa knows how to use his speed to his advantage much better than Banks
- Again, what does this have to do with who's better?
- I would say that Barbosa is a better penetrator than Banks by a long shot.

Quote:

Go ahead and check out the plus/minus for both players. Banks had the worst by a long shot. He might not have gotten a fair shake with D'Antoni, but he didn't really instill much confidence in me when he did play. Barbosa isn't a true PG, but he held his own out there because he can score the ball.

Go ahead and add better finisher and better shooter to the pro Barbosa list as well.
Rab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 01:49 AM   #12
JtotheIzzo
The Future is Now

JtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Barbosa is much better than Banks.

Let me break it down for you as simply as possible:

Barbosa may be the faster player in the league and definitely the fastest player in transition. this is a unique asset he brings to the table which fits Phoenix very well.

Banks is very average despite flashes of brilliance.

Let me tell you why 'flashes of brilliance' mean very little in the NBA, and it is because consistency is EVERYTHING.

With Barbosa you know what youa re getting every night, and with Banks...hmmm..?
JtotheIzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 02:24 AM   #13
Dbrog
National High School Star

Dbrog has decent reputation

Banks is a playmaker and Barbosa is a scorer.

Completely different players IMO. I would say neither is better.
Dbrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 03:21 AM   #14
trig
Decent college freshman

trig has decent reputationtrig has decent reputation

Barb is much better than banks. barbosa shoots/scores a lot but does not disrupt the suns system. he shoots w/in the system. Banks on the other hand has the tendency to dribble too much and become erratic.

Banks has the tools to be as good as barbosa but have the tools is one thing but putting it all together inside the court is another thing. You can have MJ skills but if you dont know how to use it you'll end up being ordinary
trig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 07:18 AM   #15
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
but every year i hear there is no back up for Nash to spell him.

which to me is the biggest possible indictment of Barbosas game. He should be a PG but he cant run the point for crap.
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: