Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-26-2007, 11:08 PM   #16
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian
 
L.Kizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Houston, TX -
Posts: 34,829
L.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Kevin Johnson video and some other things....

Glove, you say at KJ's peak he was better the Stock, Kidd, Nash, ect. But what seperates his peak from players like Fat Lever, Tim Hardaway or somebody like that?


Those guys had some pretty good 2-3 season stretches.
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 11:11 PM   #17
Glove_20
The Expert
 
Glove_20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 10,200
Glove_20 is considered somewhat coolGlove_20 is considered somewhat coolGlove_20 is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Kevin Johnson video and some other things....

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
Glove, you say at KJ's peak he was better the Stock, Kidd, Nash, ect. But what seperates his peak from players like Fat Lever, Tim Hardaway or somebody like that?


Those guys had some pretty good 2-3 season stretches.
I don't think so. Which one of them do you think had a stronger peak?

And don't forget that KJ's prime was from 1989-1997, he wasn't one of those Bill Walton type players. He had a nice 9 year stretch where he put nearly20/10/50% average. If he did that in a 9 year stretch, you can just imagine what he did in 4 year peak.
Glove_20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 11:13 PM   #18
Chalkmaze
Good college starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Posts: 3,072
Chalkmaze has decent reputationChalkmaze has decent reputation
Default Re: Kevin Johnson video and some other things....

KJ was was too injured for much of his career to be ranked where you are trying to put him, and you know it Glove.

92-93 PHO 49
93-94 PHO 67
94-95 PHO 47
95-96 PHO 56
96-97 PHO 70
97-98 PHO 50
Chalkmaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 11:17 PM   #19
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian
 
L.Kizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Houston, TX -
Posts: 34,829
L.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Kevin Johnson video and some other things....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glove_20
I don't think so. Which one of them do you think had a stronger peak?

And don't forget that KJ's prime was from 1989-1997, he wasn't one of those Bill Walton type players. He had a nice 9 year stretch where he put nearly20/10/50% average. If he did that in a 9 year stretch, you can just imagine what he did in 4 year peak.
I'm talking about PEAK not career wise. You said Kevins PEAK was better then Stockton, Nash and Kidd.


So what about Fat Lever and Tim Hardaway's peaks, as they bith had a nice 3 or so year run like KJ. Where would you rank their peaks along with KJ and the others?
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 11:17 PM   #20
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 14,987
i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Kevin Johnson video and some other things....

I think he's the most forgot about player of his generation.

You ask any casual fan under 20 and they won't know who he is. He's the only NBA great in the last 25 years you can say that about probably. Really weird too considering he wasn't boring to watch or anything.

Glove did say he played with a lot of great guards, but still. The rest of them are all remembered.
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 11:20 PM   #21
Glove_20
The Expert
 
Glove_20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 10,200
Glove_20 is considered somewhat coolGlove_20 is considered somewhat coolGlove_20 is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Kevin Johnson video and some other things....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalkmaze
KJ was was too injured for much of his career to be ranked where you are trying to put him, and you know it Glove.

92-93 PHO 49
93-94 PHO 67
94-95 PHO 47
95-96 PHO 56
96-97 PHO 70
97-98 PHO 50

Shaq's games per season is lower than KJ's. Wilt's games per season is lower than KJ's. Tiny's games per season is lower than KJ's. And there are many more legends who's games per season is lower than KJ's. Yet I don't see them ever get that. Wilt is on ISH's spot number 2, where was that argument for him. It never occurs. It should, it should occur even against KJ. But it shouldn't be that strong to take him off, when other greats are injured even more.


And just remember one thing. Kevin Johnson never has missd a playoff game. Meaning when it counts, he is there. And if your a team that wants to make a championship run, KJ's injuries shouldn't hurt you too much.
Glove_20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 11:20 PM   #22
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian
 
L.Kizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Houston, TX -
Posts: 34,829
L.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Kevin Johnson video and some other things....

Quote:
Originally Posted by i seen hippos
I think he's the most forgot about player of his generation.

You ask any casual fan under 20 and they won't know who he is. He's the only NBA great in the last 25 years you can say that about probably. Really weird too considering he wasn't boring to watch or anything.

Glove did say he played with a lot of great guards, but still. The rest of them are all remembered.
You could probally say the same about Mitch Richmond.
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 11:21 PM   #23
Glove_20
The Expert
 
Glove_20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 10,200
Glove_20 is considered somewhat coolGlove_20 is considered somewhat coolGlove_20 is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Kevin Johnson video and some other things....

Quote:
Originally Posted by i seen hippos
I think he's the most forgot about player of his generation.

You ask any casual fan under 20 and they won't know who he is. He's the only NBA great in the last 25 years you can say that about probably. Really weird too considering he wasn't boring to watch or anything.

Glove did say he played with a lot of great guards, but still. The rest of them are all remembered.
It was apparent how forgetton all his career. HE continously did not receive the respect he deserved

Can someone explain why Eddie Jones got on the All-Star team over him? Or why he was never selected to an All-NBA team in 1997.
Glove_20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 11:23 PM   #24
Glove_20
The Expert
 
Glove_20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 10,200
Glove_20 is considered somewhat coolGlove_20 is considered somewhat coolGlove_20 is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Kevin Johnson video and some other things....

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
You could probally say the same about Mitch Richmond.
KJ was even forgotten by the award people and the voters and everything.

Its because he is the most underrated player of all-time.
Glove_20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 11:25 PM   #25
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated
 
Kblaze8855's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: I love me some me.
Posts: 12,727
Kblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Kevin Johnson video and some other things....

Top 40 all time is a bit much. You gotta throw him over guys like Dave cowens who led 68 win team, 2 title teams, and won MVPs. It can be argued but only because when you get to 35-40 a lot of the players were never super elite. Hes in a really really really wide range of guys on the same basic level(everyone from like 40-70 are still legends and hall of famers). his biggest supporters will put him closer to 40 and others closer to 70. but its still the same basic level of player.

Isnt just a numbering issue. Top 5 is more ahead of top 30 than top 30 is ahead of top 60.
Kblaze8855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 11:29 PM   #26
Glove_20
The Expert
 
Glove_20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 10,200
Glove_20 is considered somewhat coolGlove_20 is considered somewhat coolGlove_20 is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Kevin Johnson video and some other things....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
Top 40 all time is a bit much. You gotta throw him over guys like Dave cowens who led 68 win team, 2 title teams, and won MVPs. It can be argued but only because when you get to 35-40 a lot of the players were never super elite. Hes in a really really really wide range of guys on the same basic level(everyone from like 40-70 are still legends and hall of famers). his biggest supporters will put him closer to 40 and others closer to 70. but its still the same basic level of player.

Isnt just a numbering issue. Top 5 is more ahead of top 30 than top 30 is ahead of top 60.
Actually his biggest supporter will put him in Top 30 (GMAT). And he'll actually do a great job arguing it, I've never seen any debate for any player better than GMAT.


But no, Top 40 isn't too bad. He should be around the Mid 30s. High or low is also ok. But he is in the 30s. Yeah but I agree, its still almost the same level of player. Did that All-Time draft, no point in picking 40 something vs. 60 something.
Glove_20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 11:31 PM   #27
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian
 
L.Kizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Houston, TX -
Posts: 34,829
L.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Kevin Johnson video and some other things....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glove_20
Shaq's games per season is lower than KJ's. Wilt's games per season is lower than KJ's. Tiny's games per season is lower than KJ's. And there are many more legends who's games per season is lower than KJ's. Yet I don't see them ever get that. Wilt is on ISH's spot number 2, where was that argument for him. It never occurs. It should, it should occur even against KJ. But it shouldn't be that strong to take him off, when other greats are injured even more.


And just remember one thing. Kevin Johnson never has missd a playoff game. Meaning when it counts, he is there. And if your a team that wants to make a championship run, KJ's injuries shouldn't hurt you too much.
Wilt only had one injury season. He played 12 games that season. Other then that, his lowest is 73 (the season he got traded from San Fran to Phily)
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 11:34 PM   #28
Glove_20
The Expert
 
Glove_20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 10,200
Glove_20 is considered somewhat coolGlove_20 is considered somewhat coolGlove_20 is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Kevin Johnson video and some other things....

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
Wilt only had one injury season. He played 12 games that season. Other then that, his lowest is 73 (the season he got traded from San Fran to Phily)
Then it wasn't Wilt I was thinking of. But there are some greats, with less games per year than Kevin Johnson, yet you rarely see an argument regarding their injuries. And for some reason, thats all you see for KJ. I mean, it should be held against him, but not to the extent of Bill Walton. He wasn't that bad. Not even close to that bad.


And really, never missing a playoff game, thats an impressive thing in itself.
Glove_20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 11:36 PM   #29
-primetime-
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Kevin Johnson video and some other things....

he is not top 40....period

just stop now glove....for your own sake
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 11:37 PM   #30
Glove_20
The Expert
 
Glove_20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 10,200
Glove_20 is considered somewhat coolGlove_20 is considered somewhat coolGlove_20 is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Kevin Johnson video and some other things....

Quote:
Originally Posted by -primetime-
he is not top 40....period

just stop now glove....for your own sake
Ok Mr. "KJ isn't even close to Kidd"
or "Kidd is way better than KJ"

You obviuosly don't know what you are talking about.
Glove_20 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:25 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy