Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-04-2007, 05:56 AM   #76
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.
 
bdreason's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: HB, CA
Posts: 21,197
bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Tim Duncan Vs Karl Malone

Quote:
Originally Posted by poeticism707
I would respond very harshly with you, but why? You are twelve years old or so, and know basketball about as well as your sexual orientation: not at all.

Don't cry about it.

I would take Duncan over Malone in their prime. I think Duncan is the better all around basketball player, skillwise... but he has to put in the time to pass a legend like Malone.

If Duncan retired today there is no way he can be considered a better PF than Malone. Malone put up huge numbers, consistantly, against some of the best players of all time.

I'm 27 by the way, and I'm definately not the dorky stat type. If you want to pull out a bunch of numbers to prove Duncan is the best PF that's fine... but it still wouldn't convince me... and I don't think it would convince a lot of other true NBA fans either.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 06:01 AM   #77
poeticism707
Local High School Star
 
poeticism707's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,591
poeticism707 has no real reputation yet.
Default Re: Tim Duncan Vs Karl Malone

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreason
Don't cry about it.

I would take Duncan over Malone in their prime. I think Duncan is the better all around basketball player, skillwise... but he has to put in the time to pass a legend like Malone.

If Duncan retired today there is no way he can be considered a better PF than Malone. Malone put up huge numbers, consistantly, against some of the best players of all time.

I'm 27 by the way, and I'm definately not the dorky stat type. If you want to pull out a bunch of numbers to prove Duncan is the best PF that's fine... but it still wouldn't convince me... and I don't think it would convince a lot of other true NBA fans either.

That is because an inconsequential thing such as proof can never convince a fool.
poeticism707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 06:05 AM   #78
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.
 
bdreason's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: HB, CA
Posts: 21,197
bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Tim Duncan Vs Karl Malone

Quote:
Originally Posted by poeticism707
That is because an inconsequential thing such as proof can never convince a fool.

Wow, good one?

Some of you internet kids have really low self-esteem.


And Malone is still, and will probably always be, considered a better PF than Tim Duncan.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 06:15 AM   #79
GOBB_Junior
Banned
 
GOBB_Junior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mars
Posts: 445
GOBB_Junior is a pretty well-respected posterGOBB_Junior is a pretty well-respected posterGOBB_Junior is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Tim Duncan Vs Karl Malone

Quote:
Originally Posted by poeticism707
You have compared the wrong teams. The real questions are:


Would the Jazz have beaten the 2004 or 2005 Pistons? No.

Is Karl Malone greater than Tim Duncan? Not even in his wildest, most fantastic dreams.

So you see, asking the right questions brings the correct answers into focus.



Would the Jazz have beaten any of the Shaq-Kobe teams? Yes

Actually during the 1997-98 NBA Season the Utah Jazz sweep the Los Angeles Lakers in the NBA Western Conference Finals, 4-0, The Los Angeles Lakers even with a Prime Shaq have no answer against the mighty duo of Malone and Stockton.

I am not done yet the same Utah Jazz team also eliminated the San Antonio Spurs in the 2nd round of the post season 4-1. So your argument that Malone cannot win against Duncan/Robinson, Shaq and Kobe are proven wrong.

The Utah Jazz of the 1990's is probably one of the most underrated team of all time. This team has all the tools to become a dynasty in today’s weaker competition.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Utah_Jazz

Is Karl Malone greater than Tim Duncan? Yes, Tim Duncan cannot even dream of facing the Chicago Bulls, Seattle Supersonics, Utah Jazz, Detroit Pistons, Houston Rockets of the 1990's. Duncan will probably have some nightmares if he will be facing the combo of Jordan and Pippen, Shawn Kemp and Payton, Stockton and Malone. While the 6'10 Hakeem Olajuwon will schooled Duncan into a Basketball University with his 9999 moves. I cannot even see Duncan stopping the patented Dream shake of a Prime Hakeem, Duncan is not even stronger and faster to contain one of the most versatile player of all time.

His San Antonio Spurs will probably got sweep in the Conference Finals or NBA Finals if he played against this team in the Post Season


Karl Malone is one of the league leaders in most career points. Tim Duncan is no where near that field. Duncan has/had a good team with him to take the championship. Both had great teammates, but Karl was the leader of his team, Duncan had his guards lead the team. I take Karl Malone to build a team around and he is the better individual player.

Karl Malone pwned Tim Duncan. Yeah Duncan wouldn't be as good if the rule book would allow hand checking and not that forearm and tick tacky fouls. Also Duncan wouldn't have ever won a championship if their was a Jordan and Pippen duo. No way not now. In fact Karl Malone’s numbers are way better than Tim’s Career highs. He didn't see Tim numbers until he was in his late 30's and early 40's. No way not now, that Tim Duncan revolutionizes the power forward position over Karl Malone. Karl Malone is one of the most consistent PF of all time unlike Duncan, who have some worst game in his NBA Career.

Would the Jazz have beaten the 2004 or 2005 Pistons? Yes

If they can actually hold on against the Chicago Bulls in the NBA Finals i cannot see any reason the Pistons will beat this team. Pistons will probably play aggressive against the Jazz but in the end the better team will win none other than the Utah Jazz of Stockton and Malone. Pistons cannot defend the best pick and roll movement of all time beside the fact that the Jazz have some nice shooters from the outside. Malone will probably dominate Ben Wallace and Rasheed while Stockton will drop some excellent pass to the mail man.


Utah Jazz wins the series 4-0.

NBA Finals MVP: Karl Malone

Last edited by GOBB_Junior : 09-04-2007 at 07:06 AM.
GOBB_Junior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 06:45 AM   #80
poeticism707
Local High School Star
 
poeticism707's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,591
poeticism707 has no real reputation yet.
Default

WHAT ABOUT SHAQ'S COMPETITION? I guess Karl Malone is greater since Shaq won all 4 of his titles in the Duncan era, and didn't win his first until after Duncan. What say you, Gobb?

Let the excuses fly!
poeticism707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 06:45 AM   #81
hotsizzle
Superstar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: WINNING!
Posts: 9,851
hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Tim Duncan Vs Karl Malone

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB_Junior
People are overrating the guy because he has some success facing weaker competition in this era. As far as skills wise Malone is a far superior offensive player than Duncan, who's career average per season is less than 26 PPG.

Duncan got the nod for being the better defensive player but as far as longetivity is concern i wil pick Karl Malone despite being over 38 yrs.old. Malone is putting up better numbers than Tim Duncan can ever dream in his NBA career.

I cannot see Duncan improving his individual game because lets face it he officially reach his peak.

Wait...so now you're considering what kind of competition a player faces? Why do you bring it up against Timmy but disregard it when it comes to Lebron's competition on his way to the Finals?
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 06:57 AM   #82
GOBB_Junior
Banned
 
GOBB_Junior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mars
Posts: 445
GOBB_Junior is a pretty well-respected posterGOBB_Junior is a pretty well-respected posterGOBB_Junior is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Tim Duncan Vs Karl Malone

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsizzle
Wait...so now you're considering what kind of competition a player faces? Why do you bring it up against Timmy but disregard it when it comes to Lebron's competition on his way to the Finals?




Lebron James and his Cavaliers also faces some weaker competition in the Eastern Conference but the fact that at the age of 22 yrs.old and having one of the worst supporting cast in the NBA. Taking his team into the NBA Finals is a really impressive and probably a Herculean effort on Lebron's part.

His 48 Points performance againts the Detroit Pistons in Game 5 of the Eastern Conference Finals rank as one of the best post season performance in NBA history. ( LeBron James scores 29 of the last 30 points)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1Px-jPm_TU

Even the great Tim Duncan told Lebron in the Spurs locker room that his time will come and in the near future, we can see the league under the good hands of Lebron.

Last edited by GOBB_Junior : 09-04-2007 at 07:07 AM.
GOBB_Junior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 07:06 AM   #83
chains5000
From Out Of Nowhere
 
chains5000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Bilbao
Posts: 8,661
chains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Tim Duncan Vs Karl Malone

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB_Junior
Even the great Tim Duncan told Lebron in the Spurs locker room that his time will come and in the near future, we can see the league under the good hands of Lebron.
He can get some individual awards, but considering the cavs roster, he'll have to wait a long time (when Hughes and Z contracts expire) till he wins anything.
Same for Wade (he already has a title though)
chains5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 07:13 AM   #84
GOBB_Junior
Banned
 
GOBB_Junior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mars
Posts: 445
GOBB_Junior is a pretty well-respected posterGOBB_Junior is a pretty well-respected posterGOBB_Junior is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Tim Duncan Vs Karl Malone

Quote:
Originally Posted by chains5000
He can get some individual awards, but considering the cavs roster, he'll have to wait a long time (when Hughes and Z contracts expire) till he wins anything.
Same for Wade (he already has a title though)

I remember watching the game between Puerto Rico and Brasil in the battle for 3rd place, one of the announcer mention that some teams in the NBA can sign Larry Ayuso to an NBA Contract, among the teams that he state that needs a shooter and potentical scorer off the bench is the Cleveland Cavaliers.

I think if the Cavaliers International scout are good enough they will probably look at some international players, who performs well in the FIBA Americas tournament.

Larry Ayuso

FIBA Profile

DOB: 27.03.1977
Place of birth: Bronx (Puerto Rico)
Height: 192cm/6'4"
Weight: 97kg/214lbs
Position: Shooting Guard

PPG 19.1
RPG 1
ORPG 0.2
DRPG 0.8
ASPG 1.7
FG2P% 43.1%
FG3P% 44.6%
FT% 87.8%

http://www.2007lasvegas.fibaamericas..._playStat.html

Rommel Beck Castro


DOB: 29.05.1982
Place of birth: - (Mexico)
Height: 201cm/6'7"
Weight: -
Position: Guard


PPG 20.3
RPG 2.4
ORPG 0.1
DRPG 2.3
ASPG 1.7
FG2P% 70.9%
FG3P% 40%
FT% 81.5%

http://www.2007lasvegas.fibaamericas..._playStat.html

If only we have enough salary cap to offer one of them an MLE or a short term NBA Contract.

I can see any reason that those players can really made an impact on our team who really need players that can create shoot with out relying on a Pure PG.

Beck Castro has some basketball fundamentals that can take this young man into the NBA. He already prove that he can play againts some NBA Talents especially when he crossed Kobe Bryant in the 2nd half of the game between USA and Mexico.

Larry Ayuso is a much better upgrade than Eric Snow and David Wesley, he actually reminds me of a Prime David Wesley, a couple of years ago when he is playing for the Charlotte Hornets.

Last edited by GOBB_Junior : 09-04-2007 at 07:31 AM.
GOBB_Junior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 07:17 AM   #85
chains5000
From Out Of Nowhere
 
chains5000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Bilbao
Posts: 8,661
chains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Tim Duncan Vs Karl Malone

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB_Junior
I remember watching the game between Puerto Rico and Brasil in the battle for 3rd place, one of the announcer mention that some teams in the NBA can sign Larry Ayuso to an NBA Contract, among the teams that he state that needs a shooter and potentical scorer off the bench is the Cleveland Cavaliers.

I think if the Cavaliers International scout are good enough they will probably look at some international players, who performs well in the FIBA Americas tournament.

Larry Ayuso
Rommel Beck Castro
Esteban Batista

If only we have enough salary cap to offer one of them an MLE or a short term NBA Contract.

I can see any reason that those players can really made an impact on our team who really need players that can create shoot from themselves.
Isn't Batista on the Hawks?
chains5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 07:22 AM   #86
GOBB_Junior
Banned
 
GOBB_Junior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mars
Posts: 445
GOBB_Junior is a pretty well-respected posterGOBB_Junior is a pretty well-respected posterGOBB_Junior is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Tim Duncan Vs Karl Malone

Quote:
Originally Posted by chains5000
Isn't Batista on the Hawks?


As far as i can remember Esteban Batista is on the Free Agents lists. I do not know if the Hawks already sign him to a contract extension.
GOBB_Junior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 07:26 AM   #87
chains5000
From Out Of Nowhere
 
chains5000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Bilbao
Posts: 8,661
chains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Tim Duncan Vs Karl Malone

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB_Junior
As far as i can remember Esteban Batista is on the Free Agents lists. I do not know if the Hawks already sign him to a contract extension.
Anyways, he's a scrub
chains5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 07:34 AM   #88
20 Dimes A Game
HeartHustleHope
 
20 Dimes A Game's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Behind You!
Posts: 2,784
20 Dimes A Game has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Tim Duncan Vs Karl Malone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzle-2k7


Tim Duncan is the only reason the Lakers didnt win 5 straight rings. In fact, if it wasnt for Tim Duncan, the Lakers would have continued dominating with no reason to change up their roster , and they'd still be a dynasty today, possibly winning 10 straight rings.

I never picked up on why people dont like you, but I am quickly starting to understand why.

Now that's just stupid......Think before you type dumbass.

And the reason the Lakers didn't win 4 or 5 is because of THE SPURS, not just Tim Duncan on his own, it was because of the Spurs as a collective. Meaning Duncan and his team mates.

And anyway, are the Pistons not the reason LA only won 3?
And i do agree TD is a great player but inflated due to winning.

Great discussion.
20 Dimes A Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 07:37 AM   #89
GOBB_Junior
Banned
 
GOBB_Junior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mars
Posts: 445
GOBB_Junior is a pretty well-respected posterGOBB_Junior is a pretty well-respected posterGOBB_Junior is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Tim Duncan Vs Karl Malone

Quote:
Originally Posted by chains5000
Anyways, he's a scrub


An NBA scrub, that is a far better upgrade than Anderson Varejao. Beside give him enough playing time and he can actually perform well base on his hidden potential.


He's leading the FIBA Americas Tournament in rebounding and is near the top in scoring as well. He's an unsigned free agent with the Hawks, but could be in line to secure a spot with an NBA team this year based on his strong performance in this event.

Esteban Batista was basically the only player for Uruguay to show up against the U.S. on Wednesday night, scoring 20 points in the blowout loss.

We actually need a big men, who can actually contribute alot by coming off the bench beside the fact that Zydrunas and Drew Gooden are not enough if the Cavaliers are facing teams from the Western Conference.


http://www.2007lasvegas.fibaamericas..._playStat.html



Quote:


DOB: 02.09.1983
Place of birth: - (Uruguay)
Height: 208cm/6'10"
Weight: -
Position: Center

PPG 20.8
RPG 12.4
ORPG 4.4
DRPG 8
ASPG 1
FG2P% 52.5%
FG3P% 20%
FT% 65.5%

Last edited by GOBB_Junior : 09-04-2007 at 07:48 AM.
GOBB_Junior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 07:46 AM   #90
chains5000
From Out Of Nowhere
 
chains5000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Bilbao
Posts: 8,661
chains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Tim Duncan Vs Karl Malone

FIBA is not the NBA, some players are best suited for FIBA but suck in the NBA.
Batista only got 6.2 mpg last year while playing on the HAWKS.
I don't like Varejao's game, but he's proven himself 200x more than Batista.
chains5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:27 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy