Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-08-2007, 03:16 PM   #1
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default How good can the Hornets be (Mo Pete close to signing)

Looked over thier roster and they are deep in terms of forwards, big men.

Tyson Chandler/Hilton Armstrong
David West/Cedric Simmons
Peja/Julian Wright

But outside of that nothing else after you name Chris Paul.

Hilton, Cedric are or should be expected to provide more after thier rookie seasons werent much to make note about. Julian Wright? Eh, not sure if he will produce as a rookie. He could but not in a statisical way. So on paper the youngsters look promising but I'm not sold. However Chris ST Paul could make them look good.

They need guards in a BAD way.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 03:22 PM   #2
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: How good can the Hornets be (Mo Pete close to signing)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB

Looked over thier roster and they are deep in terms of forwards, big men.

Tyson Chandler/Hilton Armstrong
David West/Cedric Simmons
Peja/Julian Wright

But outside of that nothing else after you name Chris Paul.

Hilton, Cedric are or should be expected to provide more after thier rookie seasons werent much to make note about. Julian Wright? Eh, not sure if he will produce as a rookie. He could but not in a statisical way. So on paper the youngsters look promising but I'm not sold. However Chris ST Paul could make them look good.

They need guards in a BAD way.

I don't trust Peja to stay healthy, but Chandler is a rapidly improving player and West is a solid all-around guy.

The prob. is that they are in the west, and with Dallas/Phoenix/San Antonio/Utah/Denver/Houston pretty much locking up 6 of the spots, and both L.A. teams, lurking around the final potential spots, not sure how N.O gets in. Also, Seattle and Portland are obviously going to improve. The Hornets are just in a real tough spot.
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 03:24 PM   #3
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Having Chris Paul running their team basically garuntees them being in the playoff hunt but he needs to stay healthy for them to make it. Mo Pete would be a huge signing because they have an enormous hole at SG. I think one more trip to the lottery will happen next year and hopefully they will pick up a SG for the future.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 03:24 PM   #4
RecSpecs110
Prokhorov = Badass

RecSpecs110 is considered somewhat coolRecSpecs110 is considered somewhat cool

The Hornets are one of those teams that should be in the playoffs but always miss them by a few games at the end. I think they have a good chance this coming year.
RecSpecs110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 03:28 PM   #5
Rockets(T-mac)
NBA sixth man of the year

Rockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh1981
I don't trust Peja to stay healthy, but Chandler is a rapidly improving player and West is a solid all-around guy.

The prob. is that they are in the west, and with Dallas/Phoenix/San Antonio/Utah/Denver/Houston pretty much locking up 6 of the spots, and both L.A. teams, lurking around the final potential spots, not sure how N.O gets in. Also, Seattle and Portland are obviously going to improve. The Hornets are just in a real tough spot.
Agreed but they weren't too far off the playoffs this year. If they do get some better guards this off season they could make a run for the playoffs. If they stay healthy for the most part they could make a run and get the 8 spot. That still wouldn't really get them any where but they will become more confident and people will start realizing that they are good and they can only get better with their young core. They can make the playoffs and in a few a years can make a pretty good team that could make it to the second round and do some damage.
Rockets(T-mac) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 03:28 PM   #6
Odenorbust
High school junior varsity star

Odenorbust has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecSpecs110
The Hornets are one of those teams that should be in the playoffs but always miss them by a few games at the end. I think they have a good chance this coming year.
I like the hornets future. They got a great value pick in Wright, and they got a ton of bright young players and a good core. I don't think anyone will be a co star to paul, and if they could sign a more DOMINANT Big man, maybe in a trade, were looking at a contender in a couple of years.
Odenorbust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 03:32 PM   #7
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

you think mo pete should be a starter at the 2/3 in the NBA? they have small pG's pannero, jackson, paul then desmond mason, rasual butler, devin brown at the 2/3... some of these players i think are FA.
I hope they find a better option than mo pete. it would be better to take deshawn stevenson imho
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 03:34 PM   #8
Big One
Local High School Star

Big One has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh1981

dude i don't think they even stand a chance at all whatsoever to get into the playoffs this year. That team's main scorers will be two rookies and thats not a good thing. IMO they will be a lottery team next year and probably be good a couple of years down the line.
Big One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 03:36 PM   #9
Odenorbust
High school junior varsity star

Odenorbust has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big One
dude i don't think they even stand a chance at all whatsoever to get into the playoffs this year. That team's main scorers will be two rookies and thats not a good thing. IMO they will be a lottery team next year and probably be good a couple of years down the line.
I agree. I think they are giving up one more season. Can you imagine if there that horrible and they get the first pick and Draft Derrick Rose?!
Odenorbust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 03:41 PM   #10
BFRESH44
College star

BFRESH44 has an OK reputation so far

When healthy they're in playoff contention, no question..

David West and Chris Paul and a healthy Peja is a solid trio..
BFRESH44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 04:34 PM   #11
cdot11
Peace.

cdot11 has an OK reputation so far

its all about health. david west is a beast when healthy.
cdot11 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: