Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-08-2007, 11:33 AM   #1
OneWay
GREATEST OF ALL TIME!!

OneWay has an OK reputation so far
Default Why do the Lakers think they have a shot at KG?

Are they that dense and delusional?

You don't even need to answer that, it's rhetorical.

Morons.

When they don't get KG who's untouchable for them, they will again make like 2 idiotic moves, a stupid signing and a semi decent trade and that"ll be the offseason.

I cannot tell you how much I hate the Lakers FO. It's beyond belief.

I'm sure that only the Lakers FO believes that they have a shot at KG. They truly believe that.
OneWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 11:34 AM   #2
Richie2k6
Smooth Like Butter

Richie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Why do the Lakers think they have a shot at KG?

They have the Almighty Andrew "Future Amazing Player Who Hasn't Shown Any Hint of Being An Amazing Player "Bynum. Anything is possible.
Richie2k6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 11:36 AM   #3
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

In other news...Sixers are exploring the possibility of adding Darko and still remain on the lookout for the Yi situation in Milw.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 11:44 AM   #4
OneWay
GREATEST OF ALL TIME!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
In other news...Sixers are exploring the possibility of adding Darko and still remain on the lookout for the Yi situation in Milw.

See, that's who I'd like to see the Lakers focus on....DARKO.

He's a realistic target. They can work something out for him and they have Vlade on their side who's the most influental Serbian player and a big role model to Darko.

That would be a great move. Darko would be the ideal PF on that team, he's already productive, still young and full of potential.

And they can get him.

But no, they focus on KG. Throw all the eggs in one basket. When they don't get KG, then they"ll go into a "we tried" mode and do nothing significant afterwards.

The whole world knows they will never get KG for what they're offering and considering the circumstances like them being in the same divison with the TWolves and McHale who's a Laker *****.
But no, they go for a long shot.

Not to mention that they already could've had JO but they said no.

I don't mind thinking big but I do mind thinking delusional.
Also, no one but the Lakers value their own players that much.

To the rest of the league, Odom is a nice player. To the Lakers...priceless.
Bynum is considered a good talent but to the Lakers...untouchable, in the class of Wade and LeBron.

Morons. And not to mention that Odom isn't the best fit to Kobe and Bynum is too young to be on a team with Kobe when they could've had players like Kidd and JO for him.

Last edited by OneWay : 07-08-2007 at 11:46 AM.
Old 07-08-2007, 11:48 AM   #5
traditionone
High school junior varsity star

traditionone has an OK reputation so far

The longer Minnesota waits, the worse the deal is going to be. With each passing day, their leverage decreases and decreases. If they don't trade him by the start of the season, they won't get any kind of value. If the Lakers keep the Odom/Bynum deal on the table, it may end being the best one if Minnesota keeps delaying.
traditionone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 11:48 AM   #6
LakerWarrior12
Local High School Star

LakerWarrior12 has an OK reputation so far

He got traded yesterday. Haven't you heard?
LakerWarrior12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 11:57 AM   #7
Real Men Wear Green
BathFrog of Doom

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

If LA were to get Milicic I'd give up on him, simply because he'd be on the same team as Kwame Brown, and thus failure would just seem so appropriate. Not to mention, Bryant would instantly demand that he be traded for Jermaine o'Neal.
Real Men Wear Green is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 11:58 AM   #8
Sharas
Great college starter

Sharas is considered somewhat coolSharas is considered somewhat coolSharas is considered somewhat cool

1st all-bust frontcourt with darko and kwame together

it would be even funnier if they both started playing really well next to each other
Sharas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 12:06 PM   #9
OneWay
GREATEST OF ALL TIME!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
If LA were to get Milicic I'd give up on him, simply because he'd be on the same team as Kwame Brown, and thus failure would just seem so appropriate. Not to mention, Bryant would instantly demand that he be traded for Jermaine o'Neal.

Not necessarily. The Lakers could trade Kwame for him. Darko is a much better player IMO and far less injury prone.
Having Darko with Bynum, possibly Mihm and to some extent Turiaf is plenty of size and shotblocking to deal with.

However, what I'm trying to say is that the Lakers have been holding out for those unrealistic goals for years now.
First it was the 2007 plan when they believed they could land Yao, Amare or even LeBron. It was a failure. Now Garnett. Another failure.

Instead of simply upgrading the talent level on the team on every position they hold out for stupid and unrealistic moves. It's beyond frustrating now.
They always do that. They always fail. While the realistic targets, evne big names are available but the Lakers just pass on them hoping that they might land a huge player like LeBron or KG. Simply idiotic and delusional.

I'm all for thinking big. Darko is a good FA. I'd like to see them make a pitch for Maurice Williams. I'm all for going out on the limb.

But the Lakers have this idea that they're so great that everyone will help them and no one will reject them.

They're so pathetic in their delusions that it's sad, really sad.

If they were agressive and smart, they'd easily add some decent talent on their team but no....it's either LeBron or nothing. Garnett or nothing. Yao or nothing.. Bynum a superstar or nothing. And in the end, it's going to be nothing, of course.
Old 07-08-2007, 12:08 PM   #10
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Darko is not better than Kwame. Really see no argument for it unless you think Darko has more potential and if he were to live up to it would then become better. As of today? What does Darko do that makes him better? His age? His list of excuses for why he hasnt produced? Come on.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 12:13 PM   #11
OneWay
GREATEST OF ALL TIME!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Darko is not better than Kwame. Really see no argument for it unless you think Darko has more potential and if he were to live up to it would then become better. As of today? What does Darko do that makes him better? His age? His list of excuses for why he hasnt produced? Come on.

Darko has a decent J, he's less injury prone and he's a better shotblocker.

Don't get me wrong, I like Kwame when he's healthy but Darko for one can shoot, catch the ball and block shots.
Kwame can defend his man and occasionaly scorre inside although he's often a liability due to his bad hands and no confidence in his game.

And yes, Darko is younger and there's still some hope for him. He will never reach stardom but I'd be perfectly happy with like 10-12 ppg, 7 rpg and 2 bpg. Simply put, he does some things better than Kwame and he's not a liability that Kwame often is.

Last edited by OneWay : 07-08-2007 at 12:15 PM.
Old 07-08-2007, 12:58 PM   #12
Dbrog
National High School Star

Dbrog has decent reputation

I somehow doubt the lakers, no matter the circumstances, can get KG. Normally i wouldn't be so down on a team, but they traded butler for kwame...
Dbrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 02:03 PM   #13
Mathius
NBA sixth man of the year

Mathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputation

My thing is not, can LA get KG, but how does getting KG and losing Odom make them a contender in the West?

2 superstars just doesn't cut it anymore, even if one of them IS Kobe.

You have to have at least 3 all star/close to all star caliber guys, plus a solid group of roll players now.

Mathius
Mathius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 02:11 PM   #14
Rockets(T-mac)
NBA sixth man of the year

Rockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathius
My thing is not, can LA get KG, but how does getting KG and losing Odom make them a contender in the West?

2 superstars just doesn't cut it anymore, even if one of them IS Kobe.

You have to have at least 3 all star/close to all star caliber guys, plus a solid group of roll players now.

Mathius
Completely agree they still need better role players.

They have a very small chance of getting KG, they should just realize that and focus on something else like getting Darko or some other better role players.
Rockets(T-mac) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 03:08 PM   #15
Lakers Legend#32
Decent college freshman

Lakers Legend#32 has decent reputation

Mitch Kupcake trade Shaq and got no All-Stars in return. That's why the Lakers will never get K.G.
Lakers Legend#32 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: