Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-08-2007, 05:05 AM   #1
poorlilrich
woop woop

poorlilrich is popular on this boardpoorlilrich is popular on this boardpoorlilrich is popular on this boardpoorlilrich is popular on this board
Default David Lee or Andris Biedrins

Sorry but I can't give my opinion today ... gotta sleep; if the thread is still running by tomorrow morning, I'll contribute.

Biedrins

or

Lee

gotta catch up on the Zs
poorlilrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 05:25 AM   #2
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare

El Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: David Lee or Andris Biedrins

I'd take Biedrins. Although Lee will probably end up being the cheaper of the two in the end.
El Kabong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 05:25 AM   #3
Hopeless206
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Hopeless206 has an OK reputation so far

On NBA 2K7, I have both of them on the Wizards. Two seasons into the Association, my front court is beast.

Anyways, I would take Andris Biedrins hands down. Lee has slightly better numbers at the moment, but Biedrins is a much better shotblocker plus he is only 21 years old. David Lee is 24 which isn't old but he has less time to turn into something really special. Its really hard to pick though, they are both solid players.
Hopeless206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 05:34 AM   #4
AtTheDriveIn
04'

AtTheDriveIn has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopeless206
On NBA 2K7, I have both of them on the Wizards. Two seasons into the Association, my front court is beast.

Yeah, let's go off what a game tells us.
AtTheDriveIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 05:43 AM   #5
bigkingsfan
Gif-ted

bigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Two close guys, a center will always be more valuable.
bigkingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 05:47 AM   #6
BradMiller52
Kings fan

BradMiller52 has an OK reputation so far

Give me Biedrins. He's a center, he's taller, he's got longer arms, and that helps him be a much better shotblocker. Better man to man defender as well.
BradMiller52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 05:52 AM   #7
el_locoteee
Decent college freshman

el_locoteee has decent reputationel_locoteee has decent reputation

As a Houston fan David Lee is welcome to be part of the Rockets.
el_locoteee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 06:04 AM   #8
wally_world
M0derator

wally_world has decent reputationwally_world has decent reputation

Lee... he's a beast... and Biedrins will end up being his prey...
wally_world is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 06:10 AM   #9
Hopeless206
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Hopeless206 has an OK reputation so far

I actully compared their stats plus watched some of their games last year. That also helped alot.
Hopeless206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 06:21 AM   #10
Heretik32
Myrrh

Heretik32 is considered somewhat coolHeretik32 is considered somewhat coolHeretik32 is considered somewhat cool

Lee for his consistency; he gives it is all night in, night out. Biedrins has stretches of insignificance at times.
Heretik32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 08:58 AM   #11
Shep
Decent college freshman

Shep is considered somewhat coolShep is considered somewhat coolShep is considered somewhat cool

biedrins is better
Shep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 01:34 PM   #12
poorlilrich
woop woop

poorlilrich is popular on this boardpoorlilrich is popular on this boardpoorlilrich is popular on this boardpoorlilrich is popular on this board

Biedrins is a better player because he has a more fluid offense and is significantly younger than David Lee. He is a center which means he is more valuable and he has better defensive instincts than Lee. Lee is more athletic but Biedrins has a higher ceiling.

Biedrins will command around 12 mil a year while Lee will probably ask for about 8. Biedrins may be the better player, but Lee is the better bargain.
poorlilrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 01:44 PM   #13
tenzan
I hit open layups

tenzan has an OK reputation so far

Also Biedrins only has 1 year left on his rookie contract for $2,636,695

Lee has 2 more years on his rookie contract for $990,600 and $1,788,033
tenzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 01:51 PM   #14
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Biedrins is younger, and already has more post game, so I'd take him, but Lee is a jumper away from being one of those guys that good teams have to have. He'll play well with a big post player.
Thorpesaurous is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 01:54 PM   #15
Rockets(T-mac)
NBA sixth man of the year

Rockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputation

Biedrins is better IMO because he has better defense and can grab boards just about as well. There offenses are about equal, maybe Lee with a slight advantage. Lee is more athletic but Biedrins is more valuable in the sense of his presense and ability and block and alter shots. Both have a bright future I do agree with most of you that Lee will be the better bargain in the future.
Rockets(T-mac) is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: