Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-07-2007, 10:47 AM   #1
eeeeeebro
Decent college freshman

eeeeeebro has decent reputationeeeeeebro has decent reputation
Default can yi be in this years all star?

If any of you seen how he was playing last night he did all the right things. He faked everyone out with pump fakes and dunks and good fade away shots. The guy played his worth anyone think it would be possible if he kept it up for him to make the all star team?
eeeeeebro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 10:51 AM   #2
Richie2k6
Smooth Like Butter

Richie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: can yi be in this years all star?

There was already a topic about this. If he does, it will be purely because of the Asian community voting him in.
Richie2k6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 10:54 AM   #3
ripthekik
GIVEN NOT EARNED

ripthekik has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie2k6
There was already a topic about this. If he does, it will be purely because of the Asian community voting him in.
just like they voted yao in right?
ripthekik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 11:02 AM   #4
wally_world
M0derator

wally_world has decent reputationwally_world has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripthekik
just like they voted yao in right?

Yao got plenty of china votes... until they saw a Houston game... then they started voting for T-Mac...

im confident to say 7 out of 10 china people are T-Mac fans rather than Yao's...
wally_world is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 11:08 AM   #5
ripthekik
GIVEN NOT EARNED

ripthekik has an OK reputation so far

.... thats not my point.

point is that it has been proven the majority of yao's votes does not come from online. Outgoes that whole china votes for him theory. Shaq has more online votes if i remember correctly. Yao has more votes from the ballots passed out.. and guess what? they were passed out here in the states!

the only city with a good amount of computers to even affect anything is shanghai. and thats just one city.. so it's fair just like how any nba city votes for their star players. if you think even 5% of the total population in china had a computer then smh at u.

but anyways I do think yi have a chance at being an all-star. If he keeps playing like the game vs grizzlies he will be. However this thing with the bucks will hurt his image, and i doubt americans will vote for him much now.

and by the way.. bucks are in the east. so that makes it easier.
ripthekik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 12:29 PM   #6
bomber
Good college starter

bomber has decent reputationbomber has decent reputation

If he plays against rookies sophomores busts and D-leaguers than yes of course.

Lets wait til we see atleast 5 real NBA games before we push Jermaine, Bosh, Lebron, Pierce, Vince, Caron, etc before we give it to him just yet.
bomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 01:08 PM   #7
gaydad
I hit open layups

gaydad has an OK reputation so far

I'll vote for him even if he sits out the season
gaydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 03:28 PM   #8
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro

Y2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripthekik
.... thats not my point.

point is that it has been proven the majority of yao's votes does not come from online. Outgoes that whole china votes for him theory. Shaq has more online votes if i remember correctly. Yao has more votes from the ballots passed out.. and guess what? they were passed out here in the states!

the only city with a good amount of computers to even affect anything is shanghai. and thats just one city.. so it's fair just like how any nba city votes for their star players. if you think even 5% of the total population in china had a computer then smh at u.

but anyways I do think yi have a chance at being an all-star. If he keeps playing like the game vs grizzlies he will be. However this thing with the bucks will hurt his image, and i doubt americans will vote for him much now.

and by the way.. bucks are in the east. so that makes it easier.

Whatever, if you're convinced that a rookie yao with like 13 and 7 or whatever he had was voted in over Shaq the 3time champion without a huge amount of Asian voting, then you're nuts. Maybe they had the ballots passed out over there too. Regardless it certainly had a lot to do with them.
Y2Gezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 03:30 PM   #9
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation

He can, but he won't.
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 03:51 PM   #10
el_locoteee
Decent college freshman

el_locoteee has decent reputationel_locoteee has decent reputation

Well its just depends for what team he plays
el_locoteee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 04:45 PM   #11
tigermonkey
Can barely lace up my sneakers

tigermonkey has an OK reputation so far

There's only a handful of players ever that made the all-star team their rookie year and most of them turned out to have legendary careers. Yao was voted in because it was such a huge phenomenon back then to have a 7'6" Chinese player in the league and people wanted to see him play against the best. Yi is a completely different story. I doubt he gets any more votes than Oden or KD and those two are NOT making the team by a longshot.
tigermonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 04:49 PM   #12
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro

Y2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigermonkey
There's only a handful of players ever that made the all-star team their rookie year and most of them turned out to have legendary careers. Yao was voted in because it was such a huge phenomenon back then to have a 7'6" Chinese player in the league and people wanted to see him play against the best. Yi is a completely different story. I doubt he gets any more votes than Oden or KD and those two are NOT making the team by a longshot.

Yao made the team because he's Chinese and had decent enough numbers.

Yi will make the team for the same reason if he does have decent enough numbers and because he's in the East, and most of all because he's much flashier than Yao and they love their flash in the far East.
Y2Gezee is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: