Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-07-2007, 05:26 AM   #1
wally_world
M0derator

Default Finley... Jalen Rose... or Grant Hill???

3 players... who had great careers in their prime... forced out of the 1st 2nd or 3rd option due to ageing or injuries... which one of the players had a better career? i would actually add Jerry Stackhouse to the equation... but they belong to different eras... Stack is slightly younger...
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 09:53 AM   #3
LakerWarrior12
Local High School Star

Default Re: Finley... Jalen Rose... or Grant Hill???

Jalen Rose is the worst out of the three you mentioned..he's a ballhog and is worse than Kobe Bryant.

Finley has had a better career than Hill..and Jalen Rosehog.

Finley takes home the cake.
LakerWarrior12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 11:12 AM   #4
wally_world
M0derator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakerWarrior12
Jalen Rose is the worst out of the three you mentioned..he's a ballhog and is worse than Kobe Bryant.

Finley has had a better career than Hill..and Jalen Rosehog.

Finley takes home the cake.

: : :

i personally feel Hill is the best among all of them because he could do so much more other than score... he facilitates like a guard... rebounds like a big man... steals the ball like a small man... have not been for his injury... KUDOS dude!
Old 07-07-2007, 11:22 AM   #5
LakerWarrior12
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by wally_world
: : :

i personally feel Hill is the best among all of them because he could do so much more other than score... he facilitates like a guard... rebounds like a big man... steals the ball like a small man... have not been for his injury... KUDOS dude!

Why did you highlight Rose being a ball hog? Its true. During his two seasons as a bull, he shot 40 percent in one of those seasons. Averaging a career high 22 ppg. He spent the 04 campaign as mostly as a raptor to shoot 40 percent again. His only good years were with the Indiana Pacers after he won the MIP. After he was traded to the Bulls, things went down hill.
LakerWarrior12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 12:39 PM   #6
wally_world
M0derator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakerWarrior12
Why did you highlight Rose being a ball hog? Its true. During his two seasons as a bull, he shot 40 percent in one of those seasons. Averaging a career high 22 ppg. He spent the 04 campaign as mostly as a raptor to shoot 40 percent again. His only good years were with the Indiana Pacers after he won the MIP. After he was traded to the Bulls, things went down hill.

im emphasising on the Kobe part...

yeah he did well... that's why i put him up against the other contenders...
Old 07-07-2007, 12:46 PM   #7
StreetPharmacist
Serious playground baller

Jalen Rose don't belong there.. he hurts the team in millions of ways. For every positive he does on the court, there's 2 negatives to follow it. A ballhog, a selfish player, egoistic.. and does stupid rookie mistakes even after being in the league almost a decade.
He was a team cancer in Indiana, a team cancer as a Bull.. and a huge on in Toronto as well..

.. Btw.. you'll get homers from Toronto to defend him soon. Raptor fans are idiots.
StreetPharmacist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 12:49 PM   #8
haterofhaters
Fantasy Forum Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetPharmacist
Jalen Rose don't belong there.. he hurts the team in millions of ways. For every positive he does on the court, there's 2 negatives to follow it. A ballhog, a selfish player, egoistic.. and does stupid rookie mistakes even after being in the league almost a decade.
He was a team cancer in Indiana, a team cancer as a Bull.. and a huge on in Toronto as well..

.. Btw.. you'll get homers from Toronto to defend him soon. Raptor fans are idiots.
last i checked, you were a raptors fan aren't you?
haterofhaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 01:09 PM   #9
StreetPharmacist
Serious playground baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by haterofhaters
last i checked, you were a raptors fan aren't you?

I know ... I try to hide that. :)
StreetPharmacist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 01:17 PM   #10
SsKSpurs21
National High School Star

finley has only been a 2 time allstar and has a championship ring

grant hill although he doesnt have a ring has had a better career.
grant hill has been ACC player of the year, rookie of the year, nba first team, nba second team multiple times, multiple allstars, olympic gold medal. if this guy wasnt injuried he would be among one of the greats.

In his second season (1995-96), he once again led the All-Star fan balloting, this time edging Michael Jordan (Jordan's first All-Star game after returning since retiring in 1993). During the 1995-96 season, Hill showcased his all-round abilities by leading the NBA in triple-doubles (10).

Hill was the league leader in assists per game among non-guards all four seasons. In the lockout-shortened 1999 season, as he led his team in points, rebounds and assists for the third time, Grant Hill joined Wilt Chamberlain and Elgin Baylor as the only players in NBA history to lead their teams in scoring, rebounding and assists more than once. Hill and Chamberlain are the only two players in league history to lead their teams in points, rebounds and assists per game three times.
SsKSpurs21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 01:22 PM   #11
OneWay
GREATEST OF ALL TIME!!

Neither Finley or Rose come close to Hill IMO. In their primes and talent wise.
Finley and Rose were nice players, perhaps good 2nd option types and decent all stars.
Hill OTOH was something special in his prime. He wasn't just a near all star which is the status that both Rose and Finley had in their years. Hill was one of the best players in the league, a superstar and we can only guess how good he would've been sans the injuries.

You can compare them in their primes and it's a no contest, Hill easily.

Hill is also the best player at the moment IMO.

Guess Finley's second and Rose third.
OneWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 01:30 PM   #12
JalenRawley
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetPharmacist

Nah, you'll get informed fans who aren't speaking from limited experience.

Jalen is a ballhog, but he's not a selfish player. He's never, ever tries to take all of the shots himself, but in the case of Chicago he was asked to be one of the primary scorers. He's not egotistical at all, you've obviously never met him, although I don't know how you could miss him the way he's all over sports channels now as a "consultant". In his younger days, Jalen kept to himself a lot of the time. He was definitely a bit immature, but he really wanted little to no part of media attention. From his side of things, he always said he was just trying "keep it real", but everyone knows there's always a bit of acting and denial when people use that phrase, it's more than a cliche' at this point.

When I lived in Indianapolis, I worked for a company that supplied and hosted fund raisers for schools. You know schools will do candy drives and things like that? That company supplied them with the candy, all of the prizes, the brochures, etc. We did quite a bit with the Pacers, and Jalen was always one of the first ones at the events. Of course, he'd almost always show up in a huge navy hoodie with the hood pulled up, hiding his face, but he's 6'8", he's not going to hide very well at a fund raiser for kids.

Chicago was definitely not a position he liked finding himself in, but he made the best of it. While the team was awful, he had a lot of fun hanging out with the guys. The trade to Toronto was a bit of a shock, and at first he was just kinda mailing it in, but by the end of his tenure there and through his tenure at the Knicks, he was just being a good employee by doing what was asked of him and not rocking the boat.

He's definitely had his share of difficulties and trouble along the way, don't get me wrong, but it's a shame to see only the barely informed sharing information. Both sides of the story should be told, no?

As for Finley, Rose and Hill, I love 'em all, but give me Hill, even though he had the mega injury.
JalenRawley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 01:39 PM   #13
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
but they belong to different eras
How do you figure?

Finley and Stackhouse were drafted in '95. Hill and Rose in '94.

That makes no sense whatsoever.
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 01:49 PM   #14
TEXAS BATMAN
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JalenRawley
Nah, you'll get informed fans who aren't speaking from limited experience.

Jalen is a ballhog, but he's not a selfish player. He's never, ever tries to take all of the shots himself, but in the case of Chicago he was asked to be one of the primary scorers. He's not egotistical at all, you've obviously never met him, although I don't know how you could miss him the way he's all over sports channels now as a "consultant". In his younger days, Jalen kept to himself a lot of the time. He was definitely a bit immature, but he really wanted little to no part of media attention. From his side of things, he always said he was just trying "keep it real", but everyone knows there's always a bit of acting and denial when people use that phrase, it's more than a cliche' at this point.

When I lived in Indianapolis, I worked for a company that supplied and hosted fund raisers for schools. You know schools will do candy drives and things like that? That company supplied them with the candy, all of the prizes, the brochures, etc. We did quite a bit with the Pacers, and Jalen was always one of the first ones at the events. Of course, he'd almost always show up in a huge navy hoodie with the hood pulled up, hiding his face, but he's 6'8", he's not going to hide very well at a fund raiser for kids.

Chicago was definitely not a position he liked finding himself in, but he made the best of it. While the team was awful, he had a lot of fun hanging out with the guys. The trade to Toronto was a bit of a shock, and at first he was just kinda mailing it in, but by the end of his tenure there and through his tenure at the Knicks, he was just being a good employee by doing what was asked of him and not rocking the boat.

He's definitely had his share of difficulties and trouble along the way, don't get me wrong, but it's a shame to see only the barely informed sharing information. Both sides of the story should be told, no?

As for Finley, Rose and Hill, I love 'em all, but give me Hill, even though he had the mega injury.

What you basically described was Ron Artest. Does charitable work, shuns the media, nice quiet guy whose only drawback was 'keeping it real.'

Um. No.

He was a cancer in Indiana because he wanted to be a bigger focal point of the offense. He was a cancer on the Bulls because instead of leading the way like a veteran should he was critical of the lack of talent around him and rebelled at being the scapegoat when things went wrong. Now, he b!t@hed aobut being the man, but when given the oppurtunity, balked about the responsibility that came with it. Hearing about Michael Jordan elbowing him in the face was one of the highlights of Jordan's return for me. Even Mike took exception to the way he was handling those younger guys.

So to paint Rose as a misunderstood malcontent is off center. The guy was a jack@$$ and everybody knows it.
TEXAS BATMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 01:56 PM   #15
West-Side
Decent college freshman

Am I the only one that thinks it's absurd to even mention a PRIME Grant Hill with Finley or Rose?

That guy was on a Kobe level in his prime, is this a joke? Hill could have been greater then guys like Pippen if he stayed healthy, he was a top 5 player in his prime...Finley and Rose were never top 10 in their prime.
West-Side is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: