Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-06-2007, 08:56 PM   #31
Mathius
NBA sixth man of the year

Default Re: Just Heard On Espn News

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaNdLe ThE RoCk
Don't get me wrong, Lee is amazing.

I love David Lee but Artest would be an upgrade, big time.

Yeah, if the whole team doesn't explode internally. Grouping a bunch of head cases together never works out. Consider the Portland teams of the mid 90's, and the Miami Dolphins in the NFL.

Mathius
Mathius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 09:38 PM   #32
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

David Lee is a STUD.

I'd try to keep him as much as i can but Artest is a potential all star.
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 09:39 PM   #33
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

Did anyone listen to ESPN Radio not to long ago?

It's been reported the Knicks will not send Lee to Sac Town.
Old 07-06-2007, 09:43 PM   #34
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Default Re: The Knicks supposedly offered Jared Jeffries, David Lee to Kings for Ron Artest

Didn't catch it HTR. As the saga continues......
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 11:33 PM   #35
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?

Default Re: The Knicks supposedly offered Jared Jeffries, David Lee to Kings for Ron Artest

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackVVaves
I've been hearing BT on ESPN radio overrate the **** out of Lee all week.

Now someone says that he can be Tim Duncan?

Since when did Lee have a trace of offense?

He's too slow to defend 3s, and not strong enough ((or tall enough)) to defend some 4s.

He's all hustle. ALL his rebounds come from him chasing after him.

Thats great and all. But Tim friggin Duncan?

Are you effin kidding me?

You know what sucks? I live in NY. And I have to hear the bull EVERY.SINGLE.DAY.

The Tim Duncan comparison was definately someone talking out of his ass, but other then him and some other schmucks who else has stupid shyt like that. Most Knicks fan think of him as a great 6th man that rebounds and plays hard. A double doublle off the bench in his second year. People say he so easy to replace, but how many players at his age have done what he's done?

And no, Ron Artest isn't worth David Lee. It helps us get rid of Jeffries contract, but what about James, Crawford, Marbury, Rose contracts.

I wouldn't be suprised to see Lee gone though............
ALBballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 02:51 PM   #36
Showtime
Hardwood Hero

Quote:
The Knicks would likely only pony up Lee in a deal for Kobe Bryant or Kevin Garnett
- NBA rumors section

Wow, NY passes up an allstar defender in the spot they need the most help in: SF. I think adding Ron could put them in the top 5 teams in the east, but they value Lee so highly? Yeah, he can hustle and rebound, but that's about it. They are putting KG and Kobe value on a good reserve player? They are passing up an accomplished starter to keep a role player?
Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 02:57 PM   #37
OneWay
GREATEST OF ALL TIME!!

Damn you Isiah, you got to do this deal. It's Ron freaking Artest. Screw Lee, he's overrated anyway. Crap defensively and nothing more than a great hustle player.
I mean, nothing against players like Lee and he certainly can be valuable but Artest makes them so much better, it's ridiculous.
They just got to do it.

It's NY so Artest would stay calm although I can imagine him getting frustrated because he'd be stuck on another no defense team but at least the Knicks are bigger than the Kings so it's a plus.

If this is on the table, please do it Isiah. Please.

What an amazing trade that would be.
OneWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 02:57 PM   #38
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare

Well Isiah had been saying Lee was untouchable all along. If I were the Kings though I'd ask for Dickau and Jones instead of Jefferies. Combined they make the same amount as Jefferies and they are both expirers. Still they've just been traded so they can't be traded again for a certain period of time. Can't remember how long it is though.
El Kabong is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 03:03 PM   #39
Sharas
Great college starter

i'm not sold on it being right thing for knicks, even if it's true. they've got enough headcases as it is. and artest would want to be no1. option on offense while they've got marbury, crawford, curry and z-bo all better offensive players.

that'd make three black holes in the starting lineup. and as soon as things started to go wrong (and they would), he'd start complaining, or give himself a vacation, or announce his retirement, or beat his wife up again, or again make a terrible rap album. we're talking about guy who already broke up a potential championship team. and NYC lifestyle won't exactly help those problems, he'll get in trouble left and right.
Sharas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 03:08 PM   #40
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharas
i'm not sold on it being right thing for knicks, even if it's true. they've got enough headcases as it is. and artest would want to be no1. option on offense while they've got marbury, crawford, curry and z-bo all better offensive players.

that'd make three black holes in the starting lineup. and as soon as things started to go wrong (and they would), he'd start complaining, or give himself a vacation, or announce his retirement, or beat his wife up again, or again make a terrible rap album. we're talking about guy who already broke up a potential championship team. and NYC lifestyle won't exactly help those problems, he'll get in trouble left and right.
I think it's NY is perfect for him. NY should become like a leper island but except for lepers it's for headcases. When someone starts acting up "That's it, send him to New York."
El Kabong is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 03:29 PM   #41
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

Lee is overrated?

Explain to me how.

He rebounds, averaged a double double off the bench. Hustles more then anyone on the team and has the most heart.

Lee is going to be a stud, he'll have limited minutes this year because of Randolph though.
Old 07-07-2007, 03:56 PM   #42
ThePrince
I brick open layups

I mean i wouldn't mind giving up Lee. But he's an asset off the bench with the energy he brings, but then again we're talkin Ron artest... one of the greatest perimeter defenders in the league now but also one of the biggest headaches in the league. Artest would improve our starting lineup vastly.

Instead if sac town doesnt want Jeffries - we should give em dickau, jones, nate, and balkman maybe if contracts match up. Nate can't play that well, i personally hate him. I mean if you have to Isiah pull the trigger - if its the last resort. I'm sure eventually Isiah can sweet talk Sacramento into something involving the 2 expring contracts and Balkman, Robinson or Chandler. But if he can't then he should just ttrade Lee.
ThePrince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 03:58 PM   #43
ThePrince
I brick open layups

**** we should try Gerald Wallace in a sign and trade but i doubt Charlotte would take the **** we offer them
ThePrince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 03:59 PM   #44
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneWay
Damn you Isiah, you got to do this deal. It's Ron freaking Artest. Screw Lee, he's overrated anyway. Crap defensively and nothing more than a great hustle player.

What an amazing trade that would be.

Bingo that's the reason why we don't do the deal. If it was some above average G/F, then I would do the deal, but for Ron Artest, nah. Why trade your best rebounder who's 24 years old for one of the worst headcases in the league.

Now I would be willing to include Lee in a trade for say a Marion, RJ, Rashard Lewis, Gerald Wallace, and even AK. But not for Artest.
ALBballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 04:08 PM   #45
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

Isiah's brilliant.

Trade away your only player who gets his hands dirty, rebounds, and actually tries on defense. Just like he did with Kurt Thomas.

It's funny how Artest's stock plummets every year. Three years ago he was a Top 15 player in the league, then he's getting traded for Stojakovic, now for a couple of bench players (albeit one very good one).
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: