Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-06-2007, 01:59 PM   #31
dudeguykid
High school junior varsity star

dudeguykid has decent reputation
Default Re: Official #16 NBA Player Of All Time According To ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kebab Stall
Does Kobe have ANY titles being the best player on his team?
Did Kobe play out his last 9 years in league yet?

Enough with the Bull**** voting for Kobe. Vote for Havlecick followed by Mikan followed by Malone.

*waits for Jazz Homers to come in and vote for Karl again which will be proceeded by Stockton votes which will be proceeded by Hornaceck which will be proceeded by Olstertag votes*
dudeguykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 02:01 PM   #32
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle is a pretty well-respected posterL.Kizzle is a pretty well-respected posterL.Kizzle is a pretty well-respected posterL.Kizzle is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
does Jerry West...does Malone...Does Mikan have any title playing against black people????, what about Oscar Robinson, what about, David Robinson...
West yes, Malone possibly.

You can't blame Mikan for playing in the 1940's an 50's. Did Kobe have to hear racial slurs thrown at him all game like players from the 1950's and 1960's like Oscar Robertson and Bill Russell.
L.Kizzle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 02:02 PM   #33
KIWI

Quote:
im basing my criteria on who was the best....not the greatest.

exactly the criteria of being the best in the league doesn't mean you throw him in at 15-16! you have to factor all his achievements the whole lot maybe later on in his career yes but at this point in time no way!
Old 07-06-2007, 02:03 PM   #34
IGOTGAME
NBA All-star

IGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
West yes, Malone possibly.

You can't blame Mikan for playing in the 1940's an 50's. Did Kobe have to hear racial slurs thrown at him all game like players from the 1950's and 1960's like Oscar Robertson and Bill Russell.

how does Malone possibly have a title being the best on his team???he has no titles..West to my knowledge only one with Wilt(greater then Shaq)...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIWI
exactly the criteria of being the best in the league doesn't mean you throw him in at 15-16! you have to factor all his achievements the whole lot maybe later on in his career yes but at this point in time no way!

I just wouldnt be comfortable saying guys that were not as good as someone but currently more accomplished are better players...Id have a hard time ranking Malone over Kobe because Kobe just impacts games more...

Last edited by IGOTGAME : 07-06-2007 at 02:05 PM.
IGOTGAME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 02:06 PM   #35
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle is a pretty well-respected posterL.Kizzle is a pretty well-respected posterL.Kizzle is a pretty well-respected posterL.Kizzle is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
how does Malone possibly have a title being the best on his team???he has no titles..West to my knowledge only one with Wilt(greater then Shaq)...
I thought you meant Moses Malone ... and the year the Lakers won the title, West was probally the best player on that squad.
L.Kizzle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 02:07 PM   #36
dejordan
Mars Blackmon Lives!

dejordan has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
from another top rankings list
can't speak to PER, cause i don't know how it's calculated, but the reason hondo didn't make more all-nba first teams is the same reason that bill russell didn't make more all-nba first teams: there was a stat-monster playing his position taking the spot every year. for russ it was wilt (wilt was named 7 times, russ 3). for hondo it was elgin (10 times for baylor, 3 for john). as elgin has already got a spot in the top 15, i'd think hondo was in the clear at least from that angle.
dejordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 02:09 PM   #37
LakerWarrior12
Local High School Star

LakerWarrior12 has an OK reputation so far

Karl Malone

Last edited by LakerWarrior12 : 07-06-2007 at 02:29 PM.
LakerWarrior12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 02:10 PM   #38
haji_d_robertas
Good High School Starter

haji_d_robertas has an OK reputation so far

I'm going to vote for John Havlicek again. Reading his summary on nba.com
convinced me that he was a real winner and multi talented as well. He was capable of making that one play that made the difference between winning and losing.
haji_d_robertas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 02:19 PM   #39
Collie
Good college starter

Collie is a pretty well-respected posterCollie is a pretty well-respected posterCollie is a pretty well-respected posterCollie is a pretty well-respected poster

Hondo Havlicek
Collie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 03:03 PM   #40
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Kblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

David Robinson, Patrick Ewing, Isiah Thomas, KG, Barkley and probably even Lebron were/are as effective as Kobe is now. Personally Id take all of those players plus several others over Kobe. By accomplishments or dominance Kobe isnt top 16. This year he was basically 2003 Mcgrady. Hes done little the last couple years AI, Tmac, Bernard King, Gervin, and Mcgrady didnt do. He put up 35/5/4. AI 33/7/4. Mcgrady 32/6/6. Gervin and Bernard were scoring huge. **** Rick Barry was a 35ppg guy in his prime. What reason is there to put Kobe over Tiny Archibald if its about play at peak? Guy was putting up 34 and 11. And he wasnt just great back when people love to disrespect the players. He won a title with Bird when he was not only an all star but the all star MVP. Nate was in 3-4 all star games with Magic and Bird.

Kobe being this high is nothing more than a "Right now" bias. I admit there are similar things happening with some older players but really...Kobe the best player not mentioned? Id bet my life...literally...my life...you replace Kobe with 95 Drob and the Lakers are better. Replace him with 91 Ewing and the Lakers are better. No chance they get worse with Barkley in his prime. Lakers would still be a first round exit level team with Lebron in Kobes place.

Kobe is a great talent but hes dont not one thing without Shaq that suggests hes more effective than a hell of a lot of players. **** Clyde Drexler could lead the lakers tothe lottery and 2 first round exits.

What Kobe is is an all time great scorer who at times steps up his D to a high level. Hes not amazingly effective. One could argue David Robinson was both a more effective offensive and defensive player.
Kblaze8855 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 03:05 PM   #41
kwajo
Missing Since 2009

kwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation here

Havlicek
kwajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 03:10 PM   #42
IGOTGAME
NBA All-star

IGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
David Robinson, Patrick Ewing, Isiah Thomas, KG, Barkley and probably even Lebron were/are as effective as Kobe is now. Personally Id take all of those players plus several others over Kobe. By accomplishments or dominance Kobe isnt top 16. This year he was basically 2003 Mcgrady. Hes done little the last couple years AI, Tmac, Bernard King, Gervin, and Mcgrady didnt do. He put up 35/5/4. AI 33/7/4. Mcgrady 32/6/6. Gervin and Bernard were scoring huge. **** Rick Barry was a 35ppg guy in his prime. What reason is there to put Kobe over Tiny Archibald if its about play at peak? Guy was putting up 34 and 11. And he wasnt just great back when people love to disrespect the players. He won a title with Bird when he was not only an all star but the all star MVP. Nate was in 3-4 all star games with Magic and Bird.

Kobe being this high is nothing more than a "Right now" bias. I admit there are similar things happening with some older players but really...Kobe the best player not mentioned? Id bet my life...literally...my life...you replace Kobe with 95 Drob and the Lakers are better. Replace him with 91 Ewing and the Lakers are better. No chance they get worse with Barkley in his prime. Lakers would still be a first round exit level team with Lebron in Kobes place.

Kobe is a great talent but hes dont not one thing without Shaq that suggests hes more effective than a hell of a lot of players. **** Clyde Drexler could lead the lakers tothe lottery and 2 first round exits.

What Kobe is is an all time great scorer who at times steps up his D to a high level. Hes not amazingly effective. One could argue David Robinson was both a more effective offensive and defensive player.

were they doing while also playing first team all nba defense and being widely thought of as either the best or second best player in the league...

your replacing him with a center in a time void of centers...thats really fair...Why not put Kobe in a time when the sg comp was lower....and this was not Kobe's best year as any1 could see his was working himself into shape for a long time killing his stats

There is no way in hell im taking soft *** DRob over Kobe Bryant...just no way...

Name me someone who in Kobe's place beats the Suns this year in the playoffs??

Last edited by IGOTGAME : 07-06-2007 at 03:14 PM.
IGOTGAME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 03:21 PM   #43
The Answer
National High School Star

The Answer has decent reputationThe Answer has decent reputation

Wow, I'm really glad Pettit got in over Malone. That's excellant news. Anyhow, I'm voting for Mikan again of course, though Havlicek's been underrated as well, so I wouldn't be dissapointed if he got in at #17.
The Answer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 03:41 PM   #44
John Starks
National High School Star

John Starks has an OK reputation so far

I know he won't get in at 16 - but his name must be mentioned -- Johbn Stockton. ALL-TIME leader in assists and steals. ALL-TIME! He also was the most efficient shooting pg in the league and a fairly good scorer to boot.

He's gotta make top 20 -- considering he is the greatest pure pg of all time.
John Starks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 03:55 PM   #45
West-Side
Decent college freshman

West-Side has an OK reputation so far

Rick Barry
West-Side is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: