Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-06-2007, 05:58 PM   #91
theinfamousmobb
Local High School Star
 
theinfamousmobb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Miami
Posts: 551
theinfamousmobb has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: define a successful season for YOUR team in 07-08?

Heat : Win another title, period.
theinfamousmobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 06:30 PM   #92
peprika129
Can barely lace up my sneakers
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 16
peprika129 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: define a successful season for YOUR team in 07-08?

win the divison title and dwyane wade recovers fully then shaq wins his 5 ring and shaq gets nba finals mvp
peprika129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 06:32 PM   #93
BigTicket
Cavs for life
 
BigTicket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 5,278
BigTicket is a pretty well-respected posterBigTicket is a pretty well-respected posterBigTicket is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: define a successful season for YOUR team in 07-08?

Sorry guess, you payed Shaq 100M and got your ring for it, was a one time only thing though.
BigTicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 08:51 PM   #94
jo3y91
lebron stole my shoes!
 
jo3y91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: wit yo mamma
Posts: 1,348
jo3y91 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: define a successful season for YOUR team in 07-08?

cavs, trading hughes for a bunch of pieces and a decent shooting guard, maybe jamaal crawford. gibson developing. lebron averaging 28-8-8. getting 55 wins. lebron MVP.
jo3y91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 10:37 PM   #95
jlawdrummer
Serious playground baller
 
jlawdrummer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 400
jlawdrummer has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: define a successful season for YOUR team in 07-08?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NugzFan
have all knick fans lost it?

Umm, shouldn't every team have the goal of NBA Championship in mind at this point? my saying 2nd round or ECF is scaled down already. Don't you want your team to want to win it all? have you lost it? you guys just like bashing on the knicks and their fans at this point. We're all soooo sorry we have decided to stick by our team and give them support throughout some of the roughest years of their existence. Excuse us for still caring about our team. Why didn't we just jump ship and root for a different team? why are we looking at the good and all the great possibilities for this team? what is our problem? you're right...we must've lost it. I mean seriously, lay off.
jlawdrummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 10:57 PM   #96
NugzFan
NBA lottery pick
 
NugzFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Nugget Nation
Posts: 5,347
NugzFan is considered somewhat coolNugzFan is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: define a successful season for YOUR team in 07-08?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlawdrummer
Umm, shouldn't every team have the goal of NBA Championship in mind at this point?

the team? sure. the fans? um...no. fans of certain teams should not be hoping/expecting for a title this year. for example (no offense but lets be real here)...the knicks. they arent winning a title this year. is that an insult? of course not.

Quote:
my saying 2nd round or ECF is scaled down already. Don't you want your team to want to win it all?

of course. but apparently im more in tune with reality than you are.

Quote:
have you lost it?

no.

Quote:
you guys just like bashing on the knicks and their fans at this point.

hey i had good reason for it. if they didnt say stupid things, none of this would have happened.

Quote:
We're all soooo sorry we have decided to stick by our team and give them support throughout some of the roughest years of their existence.

being a fan doesnt mean expecting a title every year. saying they wont win the title doesnt mean you are less of a fan. it doesnt mean you arent sticking with them.

you are taking this the wrong way.

Quote:
Excuse us for still caring about our team. Why didn't we just jump ship and root for a different team? why are we looking at the good and all the great possibilities for this team? what is our problem? you're right...we must've lost it. I mean seriously, lay off.

seriously, calm down and welcome to reality. it wasnt an insult and its the truth. they arent winning the title and admitting so doenst make you less of a fan.

if they even make the playoffs its a huge success and i guarantee if they do, you wont find a single knick fan who disagrees with me.
NugzFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 04:17 PM   #97
jlawdrummer
Serious playground baller
 
jlawdrummer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 400
jlawdrummer has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: define a successful season for YOUR team in 07-08?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NugzFan
the team? sure. the fans? um...no. fans of certain teams should not be hoping/expecting for a title this year. for example (no offense but lets be real here)...the knicks. they arent winning a title this year. is that an insult? of course not.



of course. but apparently im more in tune with reality than you are.



no.



hey i had good reason for it. if they didnt say stupid things, none of this would have happened.



being a fan doesnt mean expecting a title every year. saying they wont win the title doesnt mean you are less of a fan. it doesnt mean you arent sticking with them.

you are taking this the wrong way.



seriously, calm down and welcome to reality. it wasnt an insult and its the truth. they arent winning the title and admitting so doenst make you less of a fan.

if they even make the playoffs its a huge success and i guarantee if they do, you wont find a single knick fan who disagrees with me.


in my original post, i specifically had two different expectations laid out. As a fan I said "have a winning season and compete in the playoffs" Then I said, THE TEAM'S GOAL should be 2nd round or ECF. I honestly do not EXPECT the Knicks to win the NBA championship this year, but I do believe they have improved significantly this offseason, and should reach my goal as a fan.

So, i said nothing stupid to begin with, you apparently decided not to read my post. Sorry...and how is "have all knicks fans lost it? " not to be taken like an insult? you question if we have lost it, if it was not meant to be an insult to knicks fans, what exactly was it meant as? I must've misunderstood your very short and unexplained post. my bad.

Even here...

Excuse us for still caring about our team. Why didn't we just jump ship and root for a different team? why are we looking at the good and all the great possibilities for this team? what is our problem? you're right...we must've lost it. I mean seriously, lay off.

I don't think i ever said they would win the championship. This was in response once again to your short insult...err, post, where you questioned if we had all lost it. All I really said there was "so sorry for still rooting for our team. I never said "so sorry i think my team will win the NBA Championship, because I NEVER ONCE said anything like that. Thanks, and please read the entire post this time, so you don't misunderstand me again.

Later
jlawdrummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 04:20 PM   #98
jlawdrummer
Serious playground baller
 
jlawdrummer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 400
jlawdrummer has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: define a successful season for YOUR team in 07-08?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlawdrummer
For the Knicks, a successful season this season would be a winning record and winning at least a couple games in the playoffs. Since they're in the weak Eastern Conference, and I think EZ Money will like playing together, they should have a goal of 2nd round or ECF in mind.

But successful would be a winning season and competing in the playoffs, help the team grow with some positive experience throughout the season and some good playoff experience.

here I decided to do you a favor and requote it right underneath it. I said "a successful season would be a winning record and winning at least a couple games in the playoffs. then i said that since they're in the East, and i think Eddy and Zach will like playing together, they - the team; not they - me(the fan), should have a goal of 2nd round or ECF in mind.

Then to eliminate confusion from people such as yourself, i restate that a successful season would be a winning season and competing in the playoffs, which would help the team grow with some positive experience throughout the season and some good playoff experience. Hopefully you can understand it this time.
jlawdrummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 04:24 PM   #99
jlawdrummer
Serious playground baller
 
jlawdrummer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 400
jlawdrummer has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: define a successful season for YOUR team in 07-08?

One last comment Nugz... all you have done in this whole thread is make comments on everyones expectations, yet you yourself have not once laid out your expectations for your team. What's the deal? Afraid someone will question you if you post your thoughts? I don't know, people like you are not valued posters in my book.
jlawdrummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 04:49 PM   #100
NugzFan
NBA lottery pick
 
NugzFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Nugget Nation
Posts: 5,347
NugzFan is considered somewhat coolNugzFan is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: define a successful season for YOUR team in 07-08?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlawdrummer
in my original post, i specifically had two different expectations laid out. As a fan I said "have a winning season and compete in the playoffs" Then I said, THE TEAM'S GOAL should be 2nd round or ECF. I honestly do not EXPECT the Knicks to win the NBA championship this year, but I do believe they have improved significantly this offseason, and should reach my goal as a fan.

that makes sense. i figured in this thread people were posting their expectations for a successful season. i guess you could say that every team thinks about the title.

Quote:
So, i said nothing stupid to begin with, you apparently decided not to read my post. Sorry...and how is "have all knicks fans lost it? " not to be taken like an insult? you question if we have lost it, if it was not meant to be an insult to knicks fans, what exactly was it meant as? I must've misunderstood your very short and unexplained post. my bad.

well it did not help that in back to back posts different knick fans posted 2nd round or further.

and it wasnt meant to be an insult...just shocked at what i was reading. like i said, if the knicks make the playoffs and lose in round 1 you wont find one knick fan who thinks it was a failed season.


Quote:
Excuse us for still caring about our team. Why didn't we just jump ship and root for a different team? why are we looking at the good and all the great possibilities for this team? what is our problem? you're right...we must've lost it. I mean seriously, lay off.

im not going to explain that one again. go back and re-read if you didnt get it the first time.



Quote:
I don't think i ever said they would win the championship. This was in response once again to your short insult...err, post, where you questioned if we had all lost it. All I really said there was "so sorry for still rooting for our team. I never said "so sorry i think my team will win the NBA Championship, because I NEVER ONCE said anything like that. Thanks, and please read the entire post this time, so you don't misunderstand me again.

Later

misunderstanding? works both ways apparently. you really missed my point as well.

but i didnt mean to insult you. sorry you took it that way.
NugzFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 04:51 PM   #101
NugzFan
NBA lottery pick
 
NugzFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Nugget Nation
Posts: 5,347
NugzFan is considered somewhat coolNugzFan is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: define a successful season for YOUR team in 07-08?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlawdrummer
One last comment Nugz... all you have done in this whole thread is make comments on everyones expectations, yet you yourself have not once laid out your expectations for your team. What's the deal? Afraid someone will question you if you post your thoughts? I don't know, people like you are not valued posters in my book.

completely irrelevant. if i post "i think the nuggets will win ____ games" does that change anything i say? if i was a lakers fan, would that change anything? people are responsible for their own posts. if they dont like feedback, they shouldnt post stupid things publically. (thats not directed at you...again, dont misread what im saying)

btw, im not valued to you?! nooooooooooo!!!

that one hurt.
NugzFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 06:48 PM   #102
jlawdrummer
Serious playground baller
 
jlawdrummer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 400
jlawdrummer has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: define a successful season for YOUR team in 07-08?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NugzFan
completely irrelevant. if i post "i think the nuggets will win ____ games" does that change anything i say? if i was a lakers fan, would that change anything? people are responsible for their own posts. if they dont like feedback, they shouldnt post stupid things publically. (thats not directed at you...again, dont misread what im saying)

btw, im not valued to you?! nooooooooooo!!!

that one hurt.


haha, i really didn't mean to try and hurt you with the not valued part...but what I was getting at was saying that all you've done throughout the whole thread was say "you think that?" "not likely!" and other such put downs to everyone elses posts. I think I counted about 4 or 5 where you only say about one lines worth of text, and it is all in opposition to, or questioning of, whatever that poster had said. I am not asking you to say "i think the nuggets will win ___ games" and no if you were a Lakers fan that would not change anything lol. You think I have bad blood because of the "brawl"? No, honestly that has nothing to do with it, just your posts nitpicking at what others say. Their expectations are not wrong in anyway, let them have them. Now that one fan who was obviously being sarcastic in all his projections...whatever to him and what you said, something like haha.

I really have no hard feelings towards the Nuggets, being a Knicks fan, and I may have overreacted to you specifically with the whole "knicks fan bashing" thing...but I still stand by what I said earlier about sticking by our team and rooting for them through tough times.

Later
jlawdrummer is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:18 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy