Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-05-2007, 05:50 PM   #16
The Italian
Defense? Whats that?

The Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: define a successful season for YOUR team in 07-08?

Toronto Raptors- Getting into the second round of the playoffs. Winning the Atlantic would be a bonus. I am not really concerned about winning the divison though. As long as they get out of the 1st round I would consider this season a success.
The Italian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 05:53 PM   #17
SsKSpurs21
National High School Star

SsKSpurs21 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh1981
As a Spurs fan, do you feel that anything short of another title, and the season is a complete failure?

i do somewhat. not being able to repeat has been a knock on the spurs after each title. it would be nice to see them get one repeat. there are alot of teams that are well balanced and each one has a legit shot to win every year.

i also realize how fortunate the spurs were this past year to have been able to win. the spurs have always lost in the second round after a title to the team that eventually gets to the NBA Finals. i say a successful season would be to repeat but if they can make it back to the NBA finals id be happy with that. another second round exit would be considered a failure.
SsKSpurs21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 05:59 PM   #18
NugzFan
NBA lottery pick

NugzFan is considered somewhat coolNugzFan is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by qrich
Why not? All we need to do is get a team we can matchup with, and matchup well with, and hope Sammy has enough left in the tank to get us out.

if thats what you need for it to be a successful season, be prepared to be disappointed.
NugzFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 06:01 PM   #19
artificial
:-P

artificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected poster

For some of the teams I like.

For Philly, I want to see Iguodala continue developing confidence, Korver evolve to a starter, and at least one of the rookies / youngsters (Carney, Young, Williams) to show promise. Landing the 2008 top draft pick would probably be a successful rebuilding season.But I'm sure they'll manage to win a couple of games, and maybe finish close to a playoff spot, losing spots for Philly in the draft. :

For the Nuggets I want second round of the playoffs, and a 45+ win season. Healthy K-Mart, and Linas Kleiza to keep improving. I might ask Santa for a JR Smith comeback as well.

For the Grizzlies, I want Conley to solidify the PG spot and make a good combo with Gasol. Also, I want Gay to have a breakout season, and Kinsey to keep up his late season blossom. 40+ wins and a first round in the playoffs.
artificial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 06:04 PM   #20
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

saKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected poster

Anything that gets Kevin McHale fired.
saKf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 06:17 PM   #21
Legend
I hit open layups

Legend has no real reputation yet.

for the cavs, nothing less than a title run.

I WANT A TITLE
Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 06:19 PM   #22
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend
for the cavs, nothing less than a title run.

I WANT A TITLE

I want a title too, but I'm not expecting one this year. Just too many good teams in the west and too many boneheaded moved by Danny Ferry that will prevent us from being a complete enough team.
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 06:26 PM   #23
Legend
I hit open layups

Legend has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh1981
I want a title too, but I'm not expecting one this year. Just too many good teams in the west and too many boneheaded moved by Danny Ferry that will prevent us from being a complete enough team.

u damn right! i i'll like to see something happen to coachng also, if we can get some one to assist mike with his decisions
Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 06:27 PM   #24
adamcz
Bucks fan

adamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cool

Bucks:

I don't care all that much about wins and losses. I want this season to be all about player development. A successful season has to include:

-Health! Last year our starters missed more than 180 games. I want these guys to get an opportunity to gel together.

-Defense. Last year we had one of the worst defenses in the league, and I want this year to be at least top 20.

-Passing from Mo Williams and Michael Redd. Last year these two did the bulk of the scoring, and that was probably partly due to Stotts and partly due to all the injuries. I want a balanced scoring load this year, and I want Redd to average 4+ assists, and Mo to average 7+.

-Significant progress from Bogut. His rookie year he averaged 9/7/2, and last year he averaged 12/8/3. I'd like to see 15/10/3, and very importantly, 1+ block per game.

-Villanueva, Yi, Ilyasova... no specifics here, but it would obviously be really great if one or more of these guys shows some serious signs.

I guess anything less than 40 wins would dissapoint me, but beyond that, I just want to see these guys take steps towards becoming a good team.
adamcz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 06:32 PM   #25
Chalkmaze
Good college starter

Chalkmaze has decent reputationChalkmaze has decent reputation

Jazz need to make the nba finals in order for everyone to feel like they've really been successful. WCF.. will feel like... no improvement, even though there probably would have to be, because the west is going to be even tougher next year.
Chalkmaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 06:34 PM   #26
DoubleTech
NBA lottery pick

DoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by saKf
Anything that gets Kevin McHale fired.

hah, i agree... definitely a goal for 'sota fans.

a successful season for the raptors in my opinion would be the continued improvement of our younger players, especially Ford and Bargnani... i'm not expecting to get to the ECF's this year, but i do think getting to the second round and putting up a great fight is reasonable.
DoubleTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 06:54 PM   #27
RecSpecs110
Prokhorov = Badass

RecSpecs110 is considered somewhat coolRecSpecs110 is considered somewhat cool

Nets making it to the ECF.
RecSpecs110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 06:56 PM   #28
Agent_Zero
Great college starter

Agent_Zero is considered somewhat coolAgent_Zero is considered somewhat cool

ECF
Agent_Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 06:59 PM   #29
EuJazz
Local High School Star

EuJazz has an OK reputation so far

I think if we make it back to the WCF it will be a success in the fact that we made it through a tougher path (since we now have Durant & Oden in our freaking division). But with that said, I want a Finals appearance. And I think we can do it. But I may just be biased!
EuJazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 08:42 PM   #30
InfiniteBaskets
Decent college freshman

InfiniteBaskets has a terrific reputationInfiniteBaskets has a terrific reputationInfiniteBaskets has a terrific reputationInfiniteBaskets has a terrific reputationInfiniteBaskets has a terrific reputation

The biggest success that the Heat can imagine is having injury-free Shaq for 82 games and then all of the playoffs. I realize that the chances of that are slimmer than the Heat winning the title.

Success would be a completely rejuvenated Dwayne Wade that leads the Heat towards the ECF. Shaq being moderately injury free and healthy during playoffs. Then a third player stepping up to provide consistent offense. Maybe Daquen Cook will magically get 20 pts a night. Udonis gets back into flow with his baseline jumper.
InfiniteBaskets is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: