Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-05-2007, 05:36 PM   #1
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default define a successful season for YOUR team in 07-08?

Discuss what you expect your team to do. Be realistic. If you are a Bobcats/Grizzlies/Hawks fan, don't go telling me you expect a title. Also, in addition to those expectations, what expectations do you have for the players on your team? How do you hope to see them grow and develop? Any veterans you expect to step up/fall off a little bit.

As a Cavs fan, I will call the 07-08 season a success if we get back to the NBA finals. It will be mildly successfull (although a step back) if we get to the ECF, and a huge disappointment if we fail to even make it that far. As for the players on the team, I would expect for LeBron to have develop a somewhat more consistent jumper. Gooden (assuming he is back) will be who he's always been. I don't expect him to improve his skill set Z will continue to age, but will still be capable of some nice games. Hughes will continue to be wildly inconsistent with his shot. I have given up hope on that boy. Gibson will slowly develop into a nice PG, as Snow's role will diminish even more. Varajeo will hopefully have a better offensive repetoire. Pavlovic will put up slightly higher numbers and continue to improve his game (if he's even around), and Marshall and D. Jones will have small roles on the team, as both are older guys who are slipping up a bit.
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 05:41 PM   #2
SsKSpurs21
National High School Star

SsKSpurs21 has decent reputation
Default Re: define a successful season for YOUR team in 07-08?

REPEAT!
SsKSpurs21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 05:43 PM   #3
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board
Lightbulb Re: define a successful season for YOUR team in 07-08?

as Knick Fan 2 games over .500 would be a good season:
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 05:43 PM   #4
qrich
King Heno

qrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation here

No less then 45 wins, playoff appearance for sure, getting to 2nd round, or at worst, losing in 6 in the first round. Wolves getting the 11th worst record in the league as well and losing the lottery so my Clippers can use the pick
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 05:43 PM   #5
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by SsKSpurs21
REPEAT!

As a Spurs fan, do you feel that anything short of another title, and the season is a complete failure?
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 05:44 PM   #6
AI Nuggets3
Decent college freshman

AI Nuggets3 has an OK reputation so far

WCF
AI Nuggets3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 05:44 PM   #7
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I tend to think my teams can overcome anything, even if in the back of my mind, I realize they have no shot.

So with that in mind, nothing short of a championship will be a successful season for either the Wizards or the Lakers. Niether are rebuilding, and both are in a win-now phase (sort of), so that's what I'm sticking with.
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 05:44 PM   #8
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputation

Getting out the first round!!

Having our two best players now go down with injurys!!
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 05:45 PM   #9
AirGordon7
Decent playground baller

AirGordon7 has an OK reputation so far

My Bullz making the Finals
AirGordon7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 05:45 PM   #10
ekosky
LeMVP

ekosky has not been impressing people

As a Nugget fan, I wanna see us at least get past the 1st round considering a fresh start with many fresh players. Kenyon Martin comes back strong and constributes his best as well as Iverson and Nene. We should be able to get 50+ wins
ekosky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 05:47 PM   #11
NugzFan
NBA lottery pick

NugzFan is considered somewhat coolNugzFan is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by qrich
No less then 45 wins, playoff appearance for sure, getting to 2nd round, or at worst, losing in 6 in the first round. Wolves getting the 11th worst record in the league as well and losing the lottery so my Clippers can use the pick

for the clips?!
NugzFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 05:47 PM   #12
AppleNader
Cornell Basketball=#1

AppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputation

I'll give you a hint. It's symbol is Au and has atomic number 79
AppleNader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 05:48 PM   #13
SJellen
I hit open 5-footers

SJellen has an OK reputation so far

i dont thinks its too much to ask for the celtics to get to the second round
SJellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 05:48 PM   #14
qrich
King Heno

qrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by NugzFan
for the clips?!

Why not? All we need to do is get a team we can matchup with, and matchup well with, and hope Sammy has enough left in the tank to get us out.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 05:50 PM   #15
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Raptors:
45+ Wins. Top 4 seed in the EC. Make it to third round or lose in a tough second round matchup. (This is realistic, successful is winning a ring but I think the point is to be realistic.)

Wolves:
< 10 wins. Having the most ping pong balls. Garnett trade for some decent young players/picks. Brewer/Smith/McCants/Foye showing improvement. Front office/coaching firings.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: