Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-06-2007, 01:58 PM   #16
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Rookie Rankings -- Projecting the Class of 2007-08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
I actually think they overrated Glen Davis. He's got to lose something like 60 pounds. I'd be surprised to see him take Scalibrine's minutes.

Why another 60? He already lost 60.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 03:33 PM   #17
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdub1591
Glen Davis is not overrated...He slipped to the second round....He needs to lose weight and he can possibly be the guy that will help Al Jefferson and the celtics
I'm talking about the list, not his draft order.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Why another 60? He already lost 60.
I know he was losing weight, don't know if it was that much. I'm half-joking anyhow, I would just like to see him in good shape before he starts getting talked up.
Real Men Wear Green is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 03:59 PM   #18
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

johndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Glen Davis can't lose weight because then he loses is only positive ability in pushing people around in the post. I can't see him amounting to much in the NBA.
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 11:30 AM   #19
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndeeregreen
Glen Davis can't lose weight because then he loses is only positive ability in pushing people around in the post. I can't see him amounting to much in the NBA.
I doubt the fat helps that much, if at all. In fact, it's probably a hindrance. In college, he was a short Oliver Miller with some ballhandling skills. Most of the time, being fat is a negative. Muscle, strong legs, are what makes a player best able to puish around opponents. Fat makes a guy harder to move but also makes it harder for him to move, making guys slower, ruining their endurance, and unless you're a freak like Barkley killing explosiveness on the leap. I'm not a big fan of groundhog pfs. Davis has some skills and would be better off if he added some leaping ability and quickness. That's why guys like Udonis Haslem, Perkins, Jefferson, Gomes, and others all work on getting into shape when they come to the NBA. Fat doesn't really help basketball players. PFs aren't linemen.
Real Men Wear Green is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: