Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Denver Nuggets Forum

Denver Nuggets Forum Denver Nuggets forum - Denver Nuggets message board

Old 06-30-2007, 10:12 PM   #1
TICS
Can barely lace up my sneakers

TICS has an OK reputation so far
Default Is Camby still available?

I heard before the draft he was on the market would anybody think the Nuggets would be interested in a sign and trade with the Celtics. I heard the Celtics were interested. These are the names that I have heard Gerald Green, Telfair and Theo Ratliff's expiring contract along with a 1st round pick in next years draft the Celtics have 2 their own and Minnesota's. Any takers?
TICS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 12:50 AM   #2
Richie2k6
Smooth Like Butter

Richie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Is Camby still available?

Probably. But only for a high price. I doubt he's actually "available" as in "up for grabs", but I'm sure they'll look into reasonable trade offers by other teams.
Richie2k6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 04:31 PM   #3
GoldNugg21
Good High School Starter

GoldNugg21 has an OK reputation so far

Unlikely he gets traded at this point, unless the perfect offer comes up.
GoldNugg21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 01:18 AM   #4
qrich
King Heno

qrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

You can have Maggette for him, he could be a nice off guard for you guys, depending on what your looking for. Also take your pick of Paul Davis and Aaron Williams, we'll also throw in a 2nd round selection in 2008 :).
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 11:22 PM   #5
nugsfreak
the real slim shady

nugsfreak has an OK reputation so far

i don't think he'll get traded this offseason as it does not make sense to do so unless we get blown out of the water with a trade purposal. and we traded for Allen Iverson for one reason, to win a championship here in denver. so trading away your best defensive player at this point just does not make any since.
nugsfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 04:34 PM   #6
Patrick27
Good High School Starter

Patrick27 has an OK reputation so far

I'd heard that Denver was looking to trade Camby because they don't want to pay the luxury tax.

As a Detroit fan, what would it take to get Camby to Detroit? Could it be done without taking any of Detroit's starters? (Billups, Hamilton, Prince, Wallace)
Patrick27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 11:45 AM   #7
Patrick27
Good High School Starter

No thoughts? How about I get the ball rolling:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/feature...7&te=&cash=7:8

From Detroit:
Flip Murray (expirer, scoring combo guard)
Nazr Mohammed (center replacement at half the price)
Lindsey Hunter (expirer)
Ronald Dupree (expirer)
2008 1st round pick
Cash (to pay for the release of anything you don't want)

From Denver:
Marcus Camby

This seriously reduces the payroll of Denver for the next 3-4 years and gives a (late) first round pick as compensation. Mohammed fits your system pretty well, and opens minutes for Nene and the returning Martin. Not to mention it gives Detroit a Ben Wallace replacement as the help defender that has been severely lacking.

From one D-town to another, hope to see you in the Finals!

Thoughts?
Old 10-03-2007, 01:39 PM   #8
artificial
:-P

artificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected poster

I don't think Nuggets do that trade.

Considering Iverson's age, Nuggets are looking to win now. With Nene still recovering, and Kenyon coming back from injury, Camby is needed. Moreso when you think about the horrific defense Denver plays for stretches.

Lets face it, as cheap as he is, Nazr has done nothing the last couple of years. Steven Hunter would be ahead of him in the rotation, which says a lot. Flip is interesting, but Atkins and JR, along with Iverson will jack off enough shots, so no.

Again, the Nuggets are probably looking to win now, and if trading Camby gets them nothing but a bunch of expirers and a worthless center, I don't see why would they do it.
artificial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 02:06 PM   #9
Patrick27
Good High School Starter

I totally agree that Denver should want to win now, because they have more talent on their roster than I can remember. However, I'm not sure management is willing to win if it means winning while paying the luxury tax. I remember hearing it at one time, but I haven't heard about it since. Perhaps they've eased up on that thinking?

Last edited by Patrick27 : 10-03-2007 at 04:28 PM.
Old 10-03-2007, 03:30 PM   #10
elz
Dylan spits hot fire!

elz has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by artificial
I don't think Nuggets do that trade.

Considering Iverson's age, Nuggets are looking to win now. With Nene still recovering, and Kenyon coming back from injury, Camby is needed. Moreso when you think about the horrific defense Denver plays for stretches.

Lets face it, as cheap as he is, Nazr has done nothing the last couple of years. Steven Hunter would be ahead of him in the rotation, which says a lot. Flip is interesting, but Atkins and JR, along with Iverson will jack off enough shots, so no.

Again, the Nuggets are probably looking to win now, and if trading Camby gets them nothing but a bunch of expirers and a worthless center, I don't see why would they do it.

Not to mention no one you'd trade for is going to be able to do what he does at the high volume he does it

Im not giving up a guy with double doubles and has more than 5 games where he's had 7 or more blocks
yall are crazy for wanting to let him go
thats a cap hit your supposed to eat
elz is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: