Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-11-2006, 12:55 PM   #16
Younggrease
Banned

Younggrease has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
I love how this is a GREAT move when this is a player the Sixers trade for that couldnt STICK in the NBA. His sister is better then him. Colangelo could break wind and you would eat it & enjoy.

Anthony Parker is nice, i have seen him play a few time and im sure he would start or play alot on a lot of teams. I wish he was on the Lakers though, he'd be a great triangle pg, but thats beside the point. I see him starting next year at sg for them though. I like the personel he is putting together.
Younggrease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 01:10 PM   #17
Yogi4mvp
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Yogi4mvp has an OK reputation so far

It's a good signing, Parker can ball. Gives the team great versatility.
Parker and Bargnani give the team elite ball handlers at two positions (Sf and PF/C) that don't often see great ball handlers.
And Kwajo, Maceo Baston is a good player. If he got a chance in the NBA he'd contribute on a better than Darvin HAm-esque level imo. That isn't saying much I know, but I think he has the talent to be on a bench in the NBA.
He's at least as good as a Mikki Moore or Ham or Stacey Augmon.
Yogi4mvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 01:13 PM   #18
kwajo
Missing Since 2009

kwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation here

yeah Baston is probably fine, I just always group him in my mind with Nate Huffman and Jerome Moiso
kwajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 01:15 PM   #19
xHardcourtx
I airball my layups

xHardcourtx has an OK reputation so far

Hhahaha...jerome moiso. what a gem.
xHardcourtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 01:40 PM   #20
Phesto
Fire BC! Hire GG!

Phesto has an OK reputation so far

Parker is a good player in Europe and hopefully it will transfer over to the NBA, but I feel that we may have slightly over-payed for him (either in the length of the deal, or the amount per year). I understand that they have to take into account the buyout when they are signing him, but $4 mil/year? And the buyout is about $1.5 mil (with the Raps covering $500k). So basically we're paying him $12.5 mil/3 years and he's actually making $11 mil/3 years. Not a bad deal for a guy who couldn't make it in the NBA.
Phesto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 01:59 PM   #21
pegasus
€uroInU$A

pegasus is popular on this boardpegasus is popular on this boardpegasus is popular on this boardpegasus is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne
Certainly an intriguing acquisition. He is considered the best player outside of North America so it will be quite interesting to see how he fairs here.

Pros:
- scores efficiently
- for some reason I perceive him as having a good head on his shoulders, the type to accept his role and follow the coach's orders (i.e. Brent Barry?)

Cons:
- needs his old contract to be bought out
- is 31

Sidenote: Toronto is truly the most European team in the league. Are they the most Euro of all time? Jose Calderon, Andrea Bargnani, Jorge Garbajosa, Anthony Parker, Rasho (did he ever play in europe like the other 4?).

Rasho played for Bologna In Italy for a couple of years.
pegasus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 02:08 PM   #22
HALLandOATES
Local High School Star

HALLandOATES has decent reputation

Awesome signing. So what if he has one solid year as a role player? He's old, proven nothing and making more then Shavlich Randolf .......the white kid from the sixers.Waste of money if you ask me.
HALLandOATES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 03:18 PM   #23
Younggrease
Banned

Younggrease has an OK reputation so far
Default ....

Parker is way better than Randolph thats why. Parker is a championship level piece, he can be a role player on a team and really put them over the hump. The raptors are there but Detroit or Detroit could really use them
Younggrease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 11:16 PM   #24
dgilbert
Decent playground baller

dgilbert has no real reputation yet.

guys your gonna have to start opening your mind up to these euro leaguer's coming over it's only going to get bigger, last year a couple guys came over on like 3 year 10 mil contracts, and did quite well, we gotta remember 3-4 mil is a quality 6-8th man in the nba, which I guarantee garbojosa, and parker will be at the least, and with parker he has an outside chance of starting, these guys will bring good value, and for the first time in while the raps actually have some decent player's in it's second unit, things are looking up, although I still don't think we'll take that next step into the playoffs, probably the 9th seed, sitting right on the fringe, but hopefully i'm wrong on that.
dgilbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 11:17 PM   #25
Kobe24
Banned

Kobe24 is considered somewhat coolKobe24 is considered somewhat coolKobe24 is considered somewhat cool

Parker reminds of Kobe a little bit with the form of his jump shot.
Kobe24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 11:17 PM   #26
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Parker better outperform Trenton Hassel this year...
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 11:38 PM   #27
GoRapz
Fire Dwane Casey

GoRapz has decent reputation

I think if this team wants to suceed, one of the SF's will have to kick it up a notch. I feel we cannot be a playoff team if there are holes.
GoRapz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 11:53 PM   #28
browntown
National High School Star

browntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRapz
I think if this team wants to suceed, one of the SF's will have to kick it up a notch. I feel we cannot be a playoff team if there are holes.
Exactly what I was thinking the only position the raps are weak in is SF either Parker, graham or tucker pick it up. Then we wont have that problem.
browntown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 12:01 AM   #29
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I'll be happy if they can at least challenge for the 8th spot in the East. I definetly don't think the Raptors are a playoff team next year though.

I think there are way too many big ?'s coming off the bench for anyone to delcare the Raptors as a playoff team. The bench will be Bargnani, Calderon, Garbajosa, Graham, Tucker, Humphries... FAR from a sure thing right now.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 12:07 AM   #30
SCY
Put yr guns up

SCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputation

Who? And they're paying 4 million a year for him? Raptors fans might want to put their enthusiasm back on the shelf.
SCY is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: