Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Default ISH needs to get back to real betting. Im ready to go in your pockets.

With the rise of cashapp there is nothing to prevent it. Easily sent. Anonymous.

Most of you arent man enough to honor an online bet....but I am. Ive paid people here for my betting losses. We did pay fantasy sports for years back in the day. Ive paid...ive been paid. Im gonna try to figure out the legal end and see if maybe Jeff would be cool with it. I dont see why not....no different than people on facebook making personal bets and paying up later.

Ive done pools where say.....everyone who wants in puts in 2 bucks....the winner takes it all. Lets say I start a pool for first 50 point game...

I put in 20 bucks to get it going. We have 20 others put in 2 bucks. Winner gets the 60(or the winners split it).

Or maybe I do a weekly pool for most points in a game that week. If nobody wins(if its like....Demar scoring 54 and nobody picks him) it rolls over and everyone who played picks again for next week with the pot growing. Another 2 bucks bumps the pot to 100 bucks.

Or we could do which team has the best record this month.

Lauri Markkanen vs John Collins most PPG in November.

Lakers vs Clippers best record in the first 10 games.

That kinda thing.

But theres no point if we only have like 3 people as good as their word.

I know id pay up. Shogun/Bill simmons/Bill russell/whatever his current name is good for it. Gobb is(or used to be when we played). Im sure plenty of you could prove trustworthy.....some of you long timers I already know are.

In this scenario id just make a new Cashapp for ISH purposes to send any bets to in advance and id handle the payouts.

Id just like to know who might be down.

Requires a level of trust im not sure modern ISH has. We had it back in the day but we didnt have so many posters so we all knew each other better.

Is this doable in 2019?

Default Re: ISH needs to get back to real betting. Im ready to go in your pockets.

Oh, this wouldn't end well. But, I'm here for the LOLZ

Default Re: ISH needs to get back to real betting. Im ready to go in your pockets.

Most of the posters here are 10-14 years old. They wouldn't even have the cash to bet, nevermind being good for their word.

I'm no better by any means necessary, but this is a pretty fun idea lol.

Like you said, cashapp and venmo make this so much easier than it was back in the day. And there is no problem of people honoring their bets imo, just don't bet with people who you know are trolls. And if someone does lose a bet and doesn't pay, we add them to a list (thread) of posters who will never be able to participate.

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855

In this scenario id just make a new Cashapp for ISH purposes to send any bets to in advance and id handle the payouts.

Requires a level of trust im not sure modern ISH has. We had it back in the day but we didnt have so many posters so we all knew each other better.

Is this doable in 2019?
    Just read this, I like this idea a lot. I believe you'd be perfect to handle the cash, that way the people betting have no worries about if the other person is trust worthy...you both put in the cash prior to the game(s) taking place so you know it's legit, and kblaze can confirm he got both posters cash.

And plus seeing as I doubt the bets will ever go over $100...I'm sure you wouldn't risk your reputation over that small sum, so I'm definitely cool with kblaze running it.

Quote Originally Posted by sportjames23
    Oh, this wouldn't end well. But, I'm here for the LOLZ
    Especially with your lack of integrity when it comes to betting

Sounds like it could work.

Count me in.

Gambling is illegal. Reported.

Let's do this! This will fun

Count me in kblaze!

Pls make a forum section

Quote Originally Posted by FKAri
    Gambling is illegal. Reported.

If it were 2010, you'd be correct.

Alas, it is legal today.

Quote Originally Posted by dbugz
    Let's do this! This will fun

Count me in kblaze!

Pls make a forum section

No we don't need an entire separate forum section, just a thread here on the NBA forum stickied.

Quote Originally Posted by Bosnian Sajo
    No we don't need an entire separate forum section, just a thread here on the NBA forum stickied.
    Kblaze need to police it and enforce a strict rule that no trolls are allowed or else that thread is going to be hijacked by trolls and it's going to be a LeBron thread again just like all good threads here

Kblaze need to police it and enforce a strict rule that no trolls are allowed or else that thread is going to be hijacked by trolls and it's going to be a LeBron thread again just like all good threads here
    Well in that case, you should just do it on another site.

It's not that serious, just sticky it here and let it be.

Agreed. All good threads here are Lebron threads.

The first two people to mention Bran are both Bransexuals.

Please keep your damn obsession out of this thread, no one was even thinking about him.

Losers