Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: Why are we celebrating Kawhi

Quote Originally Posted by ClipperRevival
    Another thing that sticks out about Bron is that when he wins, he barely wins. His only decisive ring was 2012. The other 2 went 7 and he needed 2 of the biggest shots in history by teammates to win.

On the flip side, he is the recipient of the 2 worst finals losses in history and he has gotten DESTROYED in 4 finals and should've won in 2011 and 2014.

And got outscored by a 33 year old midget in 2011. And gave up FMVP 4 times to his direct assignment. Come on man, too many holes on his resume.

Damn, when you break it down like that...not a good look for Bron. I'ma have to drop him out of my Top 50 now.

Quote Originally Posted by nashwade
    cos a Clippers team with 43 year old Vince Carter and Jeremy Lin in the starting lineup can beat the GSW team we just saw in the Finals

no disrespect to Kawhi but Lebron's Cavs team last year would have taken the Finals this year 4-1
    We've already seen Lebron against the Curry-Klay-Green Warriors. He needs a 27 ppg second option who hits the title winning shot on an isolation against the reigning MVP in game 7, to win.

Kawhi just beat them more decisively, without anywhere near the players Lebron had.

Of course this thread is started by someone who only cares about empty stats...and not winning

Which is half the game. And on top of that, plays a far inferior brand of ball than Kawhi. You play to win, not put up stats. Bron fans can't grasp this concept. LOL.
    Neither can LeBron

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Feeny
    They do grasp it. But it pains them seeing Kawhi get universally acclaimed as the greatest player in basketball. So they're doing the best they can (while gritting their teeth and wiping away tears) to tell everyone that defense (half the game) doesnt matter, and that counting stats mean more than winning. Even though Kawhi just showed that he can beat the Curry-Klay-Draymond warriors in less than 7 games without a single other superstar, and without everyone acting as if it's a miracle.
    Last edited by SamuraiSWISH; 06-25-2019 at 07:06 AM.

Jesus Christ, and I just bought some salt yesterday when I got my groceries. All I needed to do was open this thread.
    Last edited by Phoenix; 06-25-2019 at 07:13 AM.

3-time NBA All-Star

[QUOTE=Gus Hemmingway]....

It

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Manny98's Avatar

Another thing that sticks out about Bron is that when he wins, he barely wins. His only decisive ring was 2012. The other 2 went 7 and he needed 2 of the biggest shots in history by teammates to win.

On the flip side, he is the recipient of the 2 worst finals losses in history and he has gotten DESTROYED in 4 finals and should've won in 2011 and 2014.

And got outscored by a 33 year old midget in 2011. And gave up FMVP 4 times to his direct assignment. Come on man, too many holes on his resume.
    So we're punishing LeBron for actually playing great teams in the finals unlike a certain someone

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix
    Jesus Christ, and I just bought some salt yesterday when I got my groceries. All I needed to do was open this thread.

College superstar The Iron Fist's Avatar

Please Hammer Don

Kobe Stan

Kawhi had a great playoff run and a very good finals appearance.

However he is still not better than healthy KD and definitely not better than prime Lebron.

Quote Originally Posted by Gus Hemmingway
    But WHY? You cant answer that

35 ppg on 54% shooting while getting 10 assists got LeBron swept

28 ppg on 43% and 4 assists gets Kawhi a win in 6 games?
    Again, people are already explaining this to you but maybe you're just slow like the rest of the Bran fam... LeBron needs to score a lot more because he's a turnstile on defense, he needs to score more because he's giving up a lot of points...why don't you post KD's stats? You'll find your answer there

Maybe if he would put up a bit more resistance, he wouldn't need to score so much but hey everybody, look at Bran's stats!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix

lebron needed more points cus he played with 2 other allstars and could have gotten curry'd out of a mvp trophy

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Manny98's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheMan
    Again, people are already explaining this to you but maybe you're just slow like the rest of the Bran fam... LeBron needs to score a lot more because he's a turnstile on defense, he needs to score more because he's giving up a lot of points...why don't you post KD's stats? You'll find your answer there

Maybe if he would put up a bit more resistance, he wouldn't need to score so much but hey everybody, look at Bran's stats!!!
    LeBron had better defensive stats this season than Kawhi

Quote Originally Posted by Manny98
    LeBron had better defensive stats this season than Kawhi

but but but but but STATS

you should start watching bball instead of statsheets