Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

Default i admit kobe isn't top 5. but neither is lebron... and neither guy ever should be

if we're going strictly on a consensus theres no way a guy that didn't change the game or even elevate it that lost more than he won in one of the worst eras should be considered a top 5 all time player. especially one that cheated for all his success and got bailed out

at the same time i'll also admit kobe can't be considered top 5 strictly due to a lack of media awards due to being blackballed

i think neither can can be vaulted ahead of jordan... duh

or kareem and russell due to them both having 6+ rings and like 5+ league mvps with winning finals records while also being 2 of the top 5 defensive anchors in history. their careers are just too accomplished.

and i also think Magic and Bird revolutionized the game. they made the nba. they're on that other stratosphere in terms of importance. they should get the nod

Jordan, Kareem, Russell, Magic, Bird

kobe, lebron, duncan, shaq shouldn't be given the nod just because of some new age bias over those 5... and the only reason i don't have wilt 6th is because he's a choker

its time for bran stans to stop insulting the pioneers of basketball as well

that being said i still think skill wise kobes the GOAT. but all time lists are based on historical impact and individual resumes

Last edited by kennethgriffen; 05-16-2019 at 03:30 PM.

Default Re: i admit kobe isn't top 5. but neither is lebron... and neither guy ever should be

I was with you till the black balling part

least you admit it though, bron stans are delusional nerds that think the earth is flatter than flat

Default Re: i admit kobe isn't top 5. but neither is lebron... and neither guy ever should be

Quote Originally Posted by paksat

least you admit it though, bron stans are delusional nerds that think the earth is flatter than flat
    Playoff series wins.

Playoff steals.

Gamescore.

VORP.

DRTING

Banned

the media didn't blackball kobe for the 2006 mvp?

jesus. even bill simmons admitted that much

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffen
    the media didn't blackball kobe for the 2006 mvp?

jesus. even bill simmons admitted that much
    I mean does 1 time really count that much?

kobe should have won it, I don't like the guy but I readily admit he should have won it

admit what? he said kobe cant be top 5 because of black balling

dumbass

They're just some nigguhs who threw orange balls at a hoop. It's of no consequence. It's a big world. Focus on something else. Jesus.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FKAri
    They're just some nigguhs who threw orange balls at a hoop. It's of no consequence. It's a big world. Focus on something else. Jesus.
    /thread

Banned

I mean does 1 time really count that much?

kobe should have won it, I don't like the guy but I readily admit he should have won it

2006 was a given

2003, 2007, 2009, 2013 were arguable

if kobe was beloved by the media i could see him winning 2006 and at the very least one of those other 4 years

2-3 league mvps would have automatically placed kobe ahead of bird on everyones list ... even the old heads

Quote Originally Posted by superduper
    Playoff series wins.

Playoff steals.

Gamescore.

VORP.

DRTING

Elimination game ppg

Game winners

Triple doubles

Keep melting baby boy

At least you admitted Kobe isn't top 5. It's a start.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Manny98's Avatar

Kobe is not top 5 no shit you finally figured that out

Kobe?

When was Kobe ever top 10 let alone 5?

Top 3 Consensus = Bron
    Top 12 Consensus = Kobe

All the time you spent here, propping up Kobe, only to admit he isn't even Top 5.

Damn. My condolences.