Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops


Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-27-2019, 02:32 PM   #121
AlternativeAcc.
~LeLakers Familia~
 
AlternativeAcc.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 1,666
Default Re: Where is Stephen Curry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpols


Dmavs thinks the Warriors are head and shoulders better than their competition but not Kobe's stacked rosters? Talk about best front courts in the league


Dmavs clearly doesn't have a grasp on the current landscape of the NBA. The Rockets last year were a historically great team and pushed GS to the brink

This year they have a 37ppg MVP, a HOF PG with elite decision making and defense, Capela whose better than any GS big man by a long shot (not including Dray) and lethal 3pt shooters throughout. How are the Warriors head and shoulders better?

And not to mention the Sixers, Bucks, and Raps who are almost equally as stacked as the Warriors/Rockets

Guy doesn't know what he's talkign about
AlternativeAcc. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 02:43 PM   #122
Bronbron23
Decent college freshman
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 2,802
Default Re: Where is Stephen Curry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorfan
It happens all the time. That’s been the blueprint for the best chance to shut down the warriors for almost 5 years now. Hard double Curry all the time and make the other Warriors beat you.
No it isn't and no they don't double him all the time. They usually only do it off screens sometimes. The best strategy is to switch everything like Cavs did before kd and like Houston does now. This is why curry stuggles a bit in playoffs because most teams do this come playoff time.

Curry isn't an amazing iso scorer. Teams would rarely double him if not for the thousands of screens he gets. Kerr knows curry has a hard time beating guys his size off the dribble so they're constantly trying to set screens to get curry switched on a slower big that he can take advantage of. If Draymond sets a screen you only have two options really. Switch and let your slow foward or center gaurd Steph or double and force curry to give it up for a wide open shot from a mediocre shooter. Teams would rather give draymond a wide open shot then let curry put there big on skates. That's why they double Steph sometimes.
Bronbron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 03:00 PM   #123
tpols
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer
 
tpols's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 25,115
Default Re: Where is Stephen Curry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlternativeAcc.
Dmavs thinks


yes, he does...

You don't.
tpols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 03:05 PM   #124
AlternativeAcc.
~LeLakers Familia~
 
AlternativeAcc.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 1,666
Default Re: Where is Stephen Curry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpols
yes, he does...

You don't.
You're lame.
AlternativeAcc. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 03:12 PM   #125
DMAVS41
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer
 
DMAVS41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 30,753
Default Re: Where is Stephen Curry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlternativeAcc.
Again... you keep citing stats... but if you actually watch the games and not just look at box scores you'll see the context of how those stats come about

Steph routinely waits until GS has a big lead AND THEN starts accumulating stats and playing with confidence. Hes a known front runner. I can't believe this isnt mainstream by now.


KD has a ton of help, I'm not disputing that. But it's not just steph. Dray and klay are arguably more important to the warriors than steph because of what they do on both ends. Dray is literally the warriors best defender, passer, and decision maker with the ball. Klay is the best at hitting shots when they need them. Curry is best at scoring when the game is out of balance in the 3rd or 4th quarter due to Durant carrying them. I say the word carrying because that's exactly how it goes down. Dray is a terrible scorer and the warriors have no depth... so while KD does have help the warriors are still flawed and rely on his shot making heavily in tightly contested games. This is just a fact. Durant is hitting tough contested jumpers all game every game and gets very little open looks.

No, I talked about Curry's shooting and what it does to opposing defenses off the ball. Klay as well.

That really doesn't show up in "stats"...at least not the ones you'll be capable of understanding.

You then essentially called me a moron and told me it is stupid to think Curry makes his teammates better.

Durant absolutely makes tough shots and I never argued he doesn't. However, if you knew anything about NBA history...playing against single coverage just isn't that hard for the all-time great offensive forces...which Durant clearly is.

Like...what were you expecting? That a 21st ranked defense with nobody that can even come close to checking KD...was going to shut him down?

I'm just confused as to what your point is...you want us to have an orgasm with you because Durant is going off against a shit defensive team against largely single coverage?

Really?
DMAVS41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 03:13 PM   #126
DMAVS41
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer
 
DMAVS41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 30,753
Default Re: Where is Stephen Curry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronbron23
No it isn't and no they don't double him all the time. They usually only do it off screens sometimes. The best strategy is to switch everything like Cavs did before kd and like Houston does now. This is why curry stuggles a bit in playoffs because most teams do this come playoff time.

Curry isn't an amazing iso scorer. Teams would rarely double him if not for the thousands of screens he gets. Kerr knows curry has a hard time beating guys his size off the dribble so they're constantly trying to set screens to get curry switched on a slower big that he can take advantage of. If Draymond sets a screen you only have two options really. Switch and let your slow foward or center gaurd Steph or double and force curry to give it up for a wide open shot from a mediocre shooter. Teams would rather give draymond a wide open shot then let curry put there big on skates. That's why they double Steph sometimes.

You write the bold as if screens aren't an integral part of basketball and somehow think iso scoring is all that matters.
DMAVS41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 03:17 PM   #127
ballinhun8
Bulls | Bears | W. Sox
 
ballinhun8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Ehhhh, BANDWAGON BOSTON
Posts: 6,628
Default Re: Where is Stephen Curry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlternativeAcc.
Another box score watcher

How many of those points came when the warriors didnt have a double digit lead?

Glad a moron like you could come in and make my point. Perfect timing.



So he didn't score 24?


And is he the only one whose points you dont account for because of a double digit lead? I mean the Clips didn't cut it to single digits all second half so does that mean none of the Warrior points counted after that?


Yea, Guess that means I'm a box score watcher.
ballinhun8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 03:19 PM   #128
DMAVS41
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer
 
DMAVS41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 30,753
Default Re: Where is Stephen Curry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlternativeAcc.
Dmavs thinks the Warriors are head and shoulders better than their competition but not Kobe's stacked rosters? Talk about best front courts in the league


Dmavs clearly doesn't have a grasp on the current landscape of the NBA. The Rockets last year were a historically great team and pushed GS to the brink

This year they have a 37ppg MVP, a HOF PG with elite decision making and defense, Capela whose better than any GS big man by a long shot (not including Dray) and lethal 3pt shooters throughout. How are the Warriors head and shoulders better?

And not to mention the Sixers, Bucks, and Raps who are almost equally as stacked as the Warriors/Rockets

Guy doesn't know what he's talkign about

I've been arguing that the Rockets were actually as good or better than a number of teams that have won the title and clearly a historically good team since last year.

What the **** are you talking about?

You are making my points for me. If KD is as good as you claim...then, yes, the Warriors are clearly better. That is where we differ...I don't think Durant is as good as you do.

All-time great for sure, but not likely as high as where you would put him.

I'm just not sure what league you are watching if you can't admit that once Durant joined the Warriors...it was basically game-over.

You act like we should be surprised KD is destroying teams and the Warriors are winning titles. Like, again, what did you expect when one of the 25 best players of all time joins a 73 win team at his peak...while destroying the franchise (Thunder) that had the best chance to beat them in the process.

Come on now...
DMAVS41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 03:37 PM   #129
FireDavidKahn
The Puppeteer
 
FireDavidKahn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 12,725
Default Re: Where is Stephen Curry?

So far in the playoffs, Steph is at 25/7/5 on 48/51/96 shooting splits.

Has he been as dominant as we are accustomed to? No.

But it's crazy that anyone could think he's been bad. https://t.co/MDTak7CVad


"Where is Stephen Curry"


FireDavidKahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 03:42 PM   #130
Bronbron23
Decent college freshman
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 2,802
Default Re: Where is Stephen Curry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMAVS41
You write the bold as if screens aren't an integral part of basketball and somehow think iso scoring is all that matters.
No not all. It's part of the game and curry and the warriors take advantage better than anyone, as they should. Was just pointing out that screens are an integral part of Curry's effectiveness unlike his teammate kd who can destroy teams with or without them. When teams double kd they double him because of him. When teams double curry it's a reaction to the warriors offensive strategy of setting screens to get curry switched on to a miss match.
Bronbron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 03:48 PM   #131
DMAVS41
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer
 
DMAVS41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 30,753
Default Re: Where is Stephen Curry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronbron23
No not all. It's part of the game and curry and the warriors take advantage better than anyone, as they should. Was just pointing out that screens are an integral part of Curry's effectiveness unlike his teammate kd who can destroy teams with or without them. When teams double kd they double him because of him. When teams double curry it's a reaction to the warriors offensive strategy of setting screens to get curry switched on to a miss match.

Yes, KD is a better iso scorer.

Disagree about why teams pay so much attention to Curry...it is because he's the GOAT shooter and a great passer as well.

Allowing him to touch the ball in plus EV situations is more dangerous than it is for KD...at least that is what most teams have concluded since KD joined the Warriors.

I just don't see the point because you are just describing a difference. I'm not even sure which specific aspect is more valuable. Is KD's better iso scoring or Curry's deep ball threat off the ball / screens more valuable.

I don't know. That specific aspect I'd lean more towards Curry when championship level help is there, but on an average team...iso scoring is likely more beneficial.

I don't think it is a system thing though...you put Curry in any offensive system and he's going to generate great shots for the team consistently.
DMAVS41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 04:13 PM   #132
Wardell Curry
Learning to shoot layups
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 78
Default Re: Where is Stephen Curry?

Wardell Curry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 04:14 PM   #133
And1AllDay
Banned
 
And1AllDay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 4,751
Default Re: Where is Stephen Curry?

Going back five years form 2015 to 2019 Curry is performing at his lowest in playoffs

5 year low ppg
5 year low apg
5 year high personal fouls per game
5 year high Defense rating

Its only been a round but just saying ...
And1AllDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 04:38 PM   #134
DMAVS41
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer
 
DMAVS41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 30,753
Default Re: Where is Stephen Curry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by And1AllDay
Going back five years form 2015 to 2019 Curry is performing at his lowest in playoffs

5 year low ppg
5 year low apg
5 year high personal fouls per game
5 year high Defense rating

Its only been a round but just saying ...

Yea, it has been 6 games....not big enough sample, but at least include more of the picture;

Career high in ortg
Career high in TS%
Career high in efg%
Career high in 3pt %
2nd highest WS/48
Career high in rebounds

I mean...some of you make me laugh a lot.
DMAVS41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 04:53 PM   #135
ballinhun8
Bulls | Bears | W. Sox
 
ballinhun8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Ehhhh, BANDWAGON BOSTON
Posts: 6,628
Default Re: Where is Stephen Curry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMAVS41
Yea, it has been 6 games....not big enough sample, but at least include more of the picture;

Career high in ortg
Career high in TS%
Career high in efg%
Career high in 3pt %
2nd highest WS/48
Career high in rebounds

I mean...some of you make me laugh a lot.


That's not how they operate.
ballinhun8 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:




Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:39 AM.






NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:

InsideHoops.com Home

NBA Rumors

Basketball Blog

NBA Daily Roundup

NBA Scores

NBA Stats

NBA Videos

NBA Free Agents

Fantasy Basketball

Basketball Sneakers

Search Site

STAY CONNECTED
Twitter
Facebook
Instagram
YouTube
















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy