Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 06-21-2007, 01:42 AM   #31
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: just saw this on facebook... KG to the Suns rumor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard5Dirk41
If you had half a brain then you know that Golden State wasnt your typical 8 seed, combine that with the fact that they had the Mavs number = recipe for disaster and thats what happened.

Untypical or not, a 67 win team should not lose to any team in the playoffs. Atleast not until the WCF.

Last edited by wang4three : 06-21-2007 at 01:47 AM.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 01:43 AM   #32
statman32
NBA Legend

statman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard5Dirk41
I never said Nash and KG were chokers, all I said was Nash always breaks down, get your facts straight.
Facts straight??? Since when has Nash broke down come playoff time? Please show me examples with stats. If not STFU.
statman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 01:48 AM   #33
ExpatSunsFan
Local High School Star

ExpatSunsFan has an OK reputation so far

Suns won't trade Amare for KG. They can't afford to.

That $8m difference in salaries will double with the luxury tax. The Suns have been agonizing over paying the luxtax for one year so that they don't have to pay to dump Kurt Thomas and his contract, and now they're supposed to toss KT into this deal and pay that extra $16m every year? When there's no guarantee that Amare will stop improving, either physically or in his game?

The alternative to trading is that the Suns will put the best basketball team in the league on the floor next season, so I can't see the Suns shipping Amare. Standing pat, they'll have a great chance to win next year, and they'll be in much better shape moving forward.
ExpatSunsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 01:53 AM   #34
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
I never said Nash and KG were chokers, all I said was Nash always breaks down and KG is a loser, get your facts straight.
no, I'll stay with my twisted facts.

here are my facts:

for Nash:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/boxscore...d=200 7042913

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/boxscore...d=200 6050821

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/boxscore...d=200 6052406

here's a 48 point outing against the best defense of the decade on 20 of 28 shooting:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/boxscore...d=200 5051506

you can compare that to 2 of 13 shooting for 8 points with Stephen Jackson guarding 7 foot Dirk Nowitzki if you wish. but I'll leave that up to you. I'm merely demonstrating how Nash, what was it you said, "always breaks down."

and his numbers 2 years ago, I'll let you thumb through the box scores yourself:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/...YF?year=200 4

pay special attention to his numbers against the Spurs, who would go on to win the championship.

for KG: http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/teams/mi...G9jWEGh4OE0bYF

clearly I'm lacking in facts. the links I provided you with are, for Nash, concrete proof that he is a great playoff performer, in fact, perhaps an all-time great in that regard; and for KG, his roster which, as you can see, SUCKS ASS. I'll provide you with his rosters over the last 10 years if you want, you'll find all but 1 are equally lousy.

so... where are your facts?
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 01:57 AM   #35
Howard5Dirk41
Banned

Howard5Dirk41 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeWiz15
no, I'll stay with my twisted facts.

here are my facts:

for Nash:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/boxscore...d=200 7042913

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/boxscore...d=200 6050821

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/boxscore...d=200 6052406

here's a 48 point outing against the best defense of the decade on 20 of 28 shooting:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/boxscore...d=200 5051506

you can compare that to 2 of 13 shooting for 8 points with Stephen Jackson guarding 7 foot Dirk Nowitzki if you wish. but I'll leave that up to you. I'm merely demonstrating how Nash, what was it you said, "always breaks down."

and his numbers 2 years ago, I'll let you thumb through the box scores yourself:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/...YF?year=200 4

pay special attention to his numbers against the Spurs, who would go on to win the championship.

for KG: http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/teams/mi...G9jWEGh4OE0bYF

clearly I'm lacking in facts. the links I provided you with are, for Nash, concrete proof that he is a great playoff performer, in fact, perhaps an all-time great in that regard; and for KG, his roster which, as you can see, SUCKS ASS. I'll provide you with his rosters over the last 10 years if you want, you'll find all but 1 are equally lousy.

so... where are your facts?

Well on Nash, he did break down with Dallas, now I just probably say that because I hate him and hes the enemy now.

Abotu KG, If he really is a top 3 player as some people say, he should be able to atleast get to the playoffs. Look at the crap Kobe has had, nothing better than KG, atleast he gets his teams to the playoffs the last two seasons.
Howard5Dirk41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 02:00 AM   #36
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Suns won't trade Amare for KG. They can't afford to.

That $8m difference in salaries will double with the luxury tax.
ok let's talk about the Suns. let's talk about how everyone on this freaking roster has a significantly higher paycheck than most people think or thought they deserved. let's talk about how they have not made one single solitary move to reduce their payroll- NOT ONE, from signing Marcus Banks to extending redundant Diaw for 8 mil a year.

and now let's talk about how for the price of one more tragic MLE mistake, they can vault themselves into title favorite status for the next five years.

I'm sorry but the Suns turning this down would be the stupidest thing they've ever done-- ever-- and you're never convincing me otherwise. money my ass. this is the NBA. money's thrown around like it's nothing. and these Suns? don't listen to a word they say about frugality.
Old 06-21-2007, 02:01 AM   #37
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

Quote:
Abotu KG, If he really is a top 3 player as some people say, he should be able to atleast get to the playoffs.
why?
Old 06-21-2007, 02:07 AM   #38
FabCasablancas
Banned

FabCasablancas has decent reputation

Quote:
why?

Because great players make the players around them better.. KG isn't a dominant scorer.. period. He's a jack of all trades master of none. And that is easy to replace in a team concept. Dominant scorers win games or draw so much attention it allows their teammates to win games.... KG just doesn't have that ability.

Last edited by FabCasablancas : 06-21-2007 at 02:13 AM.
FabCasablancas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 02:12 AM   #39
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

oh God now fab is here.

I have you on ignore so I can't read whatever retarded **** you just typed but if someone would like to quote it for me I got nothin else to do so I'll pick it to pieces for ya just this once.
Old 06-21-2007, 02:13 AM   #40
Howard5Dirk41
Banned

Howard5Dirk41 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by FabCasablancas
B ecause great players make the players around them better.. KG isn't a domiannt scorer.. period. He's a jack of all trades master of none. And that is easy to replace is a team concept. Dominant scorers win games or draw so much attention it allows their teammates to win games.... KG just doesn't have that ability.

Howard5Dirk41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 02:14 AM   #41
statman32
NBA Legend

statman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
ok let's talk about the Suns. let's talk about how everyone on this freaking roster has a significantly higher paycheck than most people think or thought they deserved. let's talk about how they have not made one single solitary move to reduce their payroll- NOT ONE, from signing Marcus Banks to extending redundant Diaw for 8 mil a year.

and now let's talk about how for the price of one more tragic MLE mistake, they can vault themselves into title favorite status for the next five years.

I'm sorry but the Suns turning this down would be the stupidest thing they've ever done-- ever-- and you're never convincing me otherwise. money my ass. this is the NBA. money's thrown around like it's nothing. and these Suns? don't listen to a word they say about frugality.

Selling draft picks isn't a move to reduce payroll? :)

BTW me not wanting to trade Amare for KG has nothing to do with money. It has to do with age, the dominant performances Amare has and the work ethic he has. He is going nowhere but up and I already see him as being a little worse than KG during the regular season and equal or better than him come playoff time.(KGs past playoff experiences).
statman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 02:16 AM   #42
ExpatSunsFan
Local High School Star

Quote:

If you were talking about KG-for-Marion, I would agree, they'll pay the tax and like it.

Amare is a different story--if the Suns trade Amare for KG, KG will be playing out of position at center for the rest of his career. Suddenly, KG isn't that great of a defender, he's losing a step, the Suns can be beat up by physical teams, etc.

There's a reason the Wolves are paying Mark Blount $6m/yr. And there's a reason Amare made first-team All-NBA over LeBron, too--playing center in the NBA involves a good deal of sacrifice. Sacrifice KG would be willing to make, I'm sure, but what would the Suns look like while it's happening?
Old 06-21-2007, 02:18 AM   #43
FabCasablancas
Banned

FabCasablancas has decent reputation

The thing is.. KG has the ability to pass.. he would make Nash's life much easier and take a lot of the burden off him.. this would extend both Nash and KG's careers. So, for that reason alone I can see it being worthwhile to trade Amare.. also.. you don't want Amare reaching his peak when Nash is on the decline.. then you might never win a championship. With Nash and KG you have a better chance of winning in the present. A bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush..
FabCasablancas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 02:23 AM   #44
ExpatSunsFan
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by FabCasablancas
A bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush..

"a better chance" doesn't mean you're guaranteed to win, so all three birds are still in the bush.

Maybe you should try "a stitch in time"...
Old 06-21-2007, 02:24 AM   #45
Rab
Jared Dudley's #1 Fan

Rab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this board

IMO, the Suns don't need a major overall. All these rumors are just that....rumors, and chances are nothing will come of them. I think they'd be just fine doing some tinkering here and there. Trying to move up in the draft perhaps, trying to sign Grant Hill for cheap. There are other options that don't involve aquiring a major superstar.

I don't see how the Suns are THAT much better by giving away Amare for KG. Like ExPat said, I like this trade if it doesn't involve Amare. Marion & whatever for KG....then I'm listening.
Rab is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: