Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 06-21-2007, 01:04 AM   #16
Howard5Dirk41
Banned

Howard5Dirk41 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: just saw this on facebook... KG to the Suns rumor

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeWiz15
his last 2 playoffs have been some of the best playoff basketball we've ever seen from a point guard.

you..... frustrate me.

Howard5Dirk41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 01:04 AM   #17
telephone
Banned

telephone has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rab
It's not just a question of age. It's a gamble to trade Amare who is locked in to his deal for years as opposed to a player like KG who can opt out of a deal next year. It's also a question of building for the future.

Ok, well the suns window is slightly closing and in my opinion the suns have to start thinking in the short run just like the mavs have to start thinking like that as well.

You guys are running out of solutions. With what you guys have and what you guys are doing, nothing is happening. The suns havent been close to a finals. (No sorry last year wasnt close)

It's time to try something different and in my opinion KG might be your solution. You have to gamble even though he hasnt been a "proven winner" but surrounded wit the suns talent maybe yall can make some noise.
telephone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 01:05 AM   #18
ballahalic
Kids at the park dunk on me

ballahalic has an OK reputation so far

there is no way i can beelieve this especialy coming from some nerd on facebook
ballahalic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 01:06 AM   #19
Howard5Dirk41
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballahalic

Hes a nerd....? Why? Because hes in college.....? wow
Old 06-21-2007, 01:07 AM   #20
telephone
Banned

telephone has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
his last 2 playoffs have been some of the best playoff basketball we've ever seen from a point guard.

you..... frustrate me.

lol...Dood that is a bit of a joke. He went against the lakers and dominated them like he was supposed to and went up against the spurs and for a couple of games didnt even show up. Ya, great basketball.

Last year he did really well though. Ill give you last year. But some of the plays he do are kind of obvious to me. Like every time i watch him play, I know what he is going to do.

I think its because i have played soccer all of my life and i see those passes easily. So, that makes me think more highly of him.
telephone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 01:09 AM   #21
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
well that's exactly the thing. the guy who told me this isn't a nerd but he is pretty reserved i.e. not the kind of guy to post a note that everyone on facebook will see unless he's fairly certain of its authenticity.

granted the deal could easily not happen but I would bet what he's saying is true. i'll talk to him about it tomorrow if we don't hear anything more (it's too late to do it now or I would).
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 01:16 AM   #22
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
lol...Dood that is a bit of a joke. He went against the lakers and dominated them like he was supposed to and went up against the spurs and for a couple of games didnt even show up. Ya, great basketball.

Last year he did really well though. Ill give you last year. But some of the plays he do are kind of obvious to me. Like every time i watch him play, I know what he is going to do.

I think its because i have played soccer all of my life and i see those passes easily.
yea... all Nash does is put the ball where it's supposed to go. that's not trivializing it at all.

I have no doubt that if you or anyone took the floor in Nash's place you could do the exact same thing. but since it's Nash doing it, in crunch time, posting some of the craziest playoff stats we have *EVER* seen from a point guard and taking this team much farther than it has any right to go, I'm going to go ahead and give him credit.

Nash plays perfect basketball in the playoffs with a couple hiccups against the best team of the decade, the very same squad that held Bron to like 22 on around 34% in the Finals and has been shutting down superstars for years now.

didn't Nash give the Spurs like 22/13? and you're saying that's his worst series of the last 2 years. yeah huge choker.
Old 06-21-2007, 01:21 AM   #23
Howard5Dirk41
Banned

Quote:
yea... all Nash does is put the ball where it's supposed to go. that's not trivializing it at all.

I have no doubt that if you or anyone took the floor in Nash's place you could do the exact same thing. but since it's Nash doing it, in crunch time, posting some of the craziest playoff stats we have *EVER* seen from a point guard and taking this team much farther than it has any right to go, I'm going to go ahead and give him credit.

Nash plays perfect basketball in the playoffs with a couple hiccups against the best team of the decade, the very same squad that held Bron to like 22 on around 34% in the Finals and has been shutting down superstars for years now.

didn't Nash give the Spurs like 22/13? and you're saying that's his worst series of the last 2 years. yeah huge choker.

Dirk choking in the Finals > Nash and Garnett never making it past the Conference Finals
Old 06-21-2007, 01:24 AM   #24
Prodigy
Diaw Fan

Prodigy has decent reputation

No way this falls through. I haven't been doing enough good deeds to have my two favourite players on the same team. (Kg/Nash) My heart is just going to be broken when the summer ends and KG is still on the Wolves. I seriously think the Suns have a good chance to win it all every year if they stay healthy though. This year's was a nailbiter with SA and could have easily went 7 games if there were no suspensions.
Prodigy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 01:26 AM   #25
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

Quote:
Dirk choking in the Finals > Nash and Garnett never making it past the Conference Finals
Dirk getting shut down by a bunch of shooting guards in the first round despite having a 25 win advantage and the 1 seed ........

you know what? I'm not going to bother, it's too easy and too redundant.
Old 06-21-2007, 01:29 AM   #26
Howard5Dirk41
Banned

Quote:
Dirk getting shut down by a bunch of shooting guards in the first round despite having a 25 win advantage and the 1 seed ........

you know what? I'm not going to bother, it's too easy and too redundant.

If you had half a brain then you know that Golden State wasnt your typical 8 seed, combine that with the fact that they had the Mavs number = recipe for disaster and thats what happened.
Old 06-21-2007, 01:29 AM   #27
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

KG just wants to win. If they win enough next season, he's not going anywhere. Having Nash on his team is good because it means he'll never be heavily relied to come in the clutch which he's has had some trouble with. Marion/KG would be the most versatile defending forward tandem out there..

I like the trade, but it really puts the cap on Suns to win in the next 4 years.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 01:33 AM   #28
sunsfan1357
Word.

sunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation here

Apparently the due on RealGM verified his sources with the mods and the mods are supporting the rumor. I pray that it's for Marion and not Amare, though I'd have to think a long while on whether or not I'd complain if Amare is in the deal
sunsfan1357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 01:39 AM   #29
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

Quote:
If you had half a brain then you know that Golden State wasnt your typical 8 seed, combine that with the fact that they had the Mavs number = recipe for disaster and thats what happened.
and why did they have the Mavs number, Milton from Officespace? because Dirk is a softie who shoots fadeaways with Monta Ellis on him in an isolation. because Dirk shot, what was it 2 for 13 in the final game? 2 for 13. that's the Mavs number: 2. amount of shots seven foot tall Dirk Nowitzki could make against a bunch of shooting guards in his last playoff game.

knowing this and coming on attacking Nash and KG for being chokers just makes you an annoying troll, not that you weren't one to begin with. hell knowing you if I showed you this post in 2 days there's a 50/50 chance you'd agree with me and go on for pages about how Dirk is slipping to the bottom of your top 30 list.

Last edited by geeWiz15 : 06-21-2007 at 01:41 AM.
Old 06-21-2007, 01:41 AM   #30
Howard5Dirk41
Banned

Quote:
and why did they have the Mavs number, Milton from Officespace? because Dirk is a softie who shoots fadeaways with Monta Ellis on him in an isolation. because Dirk shot, what was it 2 for 13 in the final game? 2 for 13. that's the Mavs number: 2. amount of shots seven foot tall Dirk Nowitzki could make against a bunch of shooting guards in his last playoff game.

knowing this and coming on attacking Nash and KG for being chokers just makes you an annoying troll, not that you weren't one to begin with. take up stamp collecting or something and leave us alone

I never said Nash and KG were chokers, all I said was Nash always breaks down and KG is a loser, get your facts straight.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: