Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 06-21-2007, 12:53 AM   #16
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Raptors-Lakers Deal That Actually Works For Both Sides

I like it. actually, you know what, let's just go one step farther and trade the entire Lakers organization for the entire Raptors organization. all players, coaches, administrative personnel, etc.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 12:54 AM   #17
Soundwave
NBA lottery pick

Soundwave is considered somewhat coolSoundwave is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe24
Hakeem was 38 and stunk up the building. He got offered 17 million for 3 years which was 4 million less than what the Rockets were offering. Anyways even though the Raptors would look good on paper, they still wouldn't win anything with that team. Too inexperienced.

Maybe, but Calderon, Garbajosa, and Parker have all played in European championships and high end international competetion. This is actually IMO a big reason why Toronto surprised so many people this year. These guys are not in awe of NBA players at all, they've played in high pressure situations before and they all have experience. They're not 18, 19 year old kids.

Kobe and Odom aren't fresh-faced rooks either.

Bargnani is the young 'un, but he also has been played against grown men in Europe for years and it shows in his composure. Kid does not get rattled, earlier in the year Chris Bosh absolutely ripped into him during a time out. No problem for Bargs, he went out and played better. Most young players would've caved under that. Kobe would love Bargnani.

I think the team would be very good. Not too old, not too young. The key really I think would be signing Jamal Magloire with the MLE, but I feel that's a good possibility.

Last edited by Soundwave : 06-21-2007 at 12:56 AM.
Soundwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 12:58 AM   #18
Kungfro
Takeo Ischi

Kungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Kobe is too infatuated with everything outside basketball these days. It sickens me to see these players take for granted the situation there in. He's getting paid millions to play basketball, stop complaining kobe!
Kungfro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 12:59 AM   #19
Kobe24
Banned

Kobe24 is considered somewhat coolKobe24 is considered somewhat coolKobe24 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kungfro
Kobe is too infatuated with everything outside basketball these days. It sickens me to see these players take for granted the situation there in. He's getting paid millions to play basketball, stop complaining kobe!

How dare he complain about winning? Selfish brat!
Kobe24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 01:00 AM   #20
Soundwave
NBA lottery pick

Soundwave is considered somewhat coolSoundwave is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazy19
Kobe wants to win a championship.

If Kobe is the player he says he is, that team would win a championship, probably more than one.

Especailly with the current state of the Eastern conference, they would get a relatively easier ride to the Finals, the teams in the West would have to beat the crap out of each other. Odom's game IMO is also better suited to the Eastern Conference.

If he needs more than a no.2 and no.3 options in Odom/Bargnani and a decent squad of role players in Magloire/Garbo/Calderon/Parker ... I mean jeez, why not try and get dealt to the Spurs, lol. I mean c'mon he mentioned the Knicks as a team he'd like to be traded to, as if the Knicks could give him a better shot at titles while still giving the Lakers a reasonable return.

Last edited by Soundwave : 06-21-2007 at 01:07 AM.
Soundwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 01:22 AM   #21
IGOTGAME
NBA All-star

IGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwave
Maybe, but Calderon, Garbajosa, and Parker have all played in European championships and high end international competetion. This is actually IMO a big reason why Toronto surprised so many people this year. These guys are not in awe of NBA players at all, they've played in high pressure situations before and they all have experience. They're not 18, 19 year old kids.

Kobe and Odom aren't fresh-faced rooks either.

Bargnani is the young 'un, but he also has been played against grown men in Europe for years and it shows in his composure. Kid does not get rattled, earlier in the year Chris Bosh absolutely ripped into him during a time out. No problem for Bargs, he went out and played better. Most young players would've caved under that. Kobe would love Bargnani.

I think the team would be very good. Not too old, not too young. The key really I think would be signing Jamal Magloire with the MLE, but I feel that's a good possibility.

I agree...I was so angry the Lakers didnt pick up Anthony Parker...Thats the kind of team Kobe needs to go to..No weak links... Do it Mitch....Do it Kobe be the first to bring the NBA title out of the US....Make the road to the Championship run through Canada...
IGOTGAME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 01:32 AM   #22
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Kobe wants to win a championship.
Kobe's a glory hog. he doesn't want to win a title. he wants to lead a team to a title. if he wanted to win a title he'd be demanding a trade to Houston or San Antonio or something. he's not. he's demanding a trade to NY (so he can "save" them; big market), Chicago (where Jordan played), or Mavs (great team that after Dirk's recent playoff performance he will clearly be viewed as the leader of).

and that's what will always prevent him from ever winning another. it's the ultimate circular feedback isn't it? his misplaced desire in itself will always keep him from fulfilling it.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 04:30 AM   #23
StreetPharmacist
Serious playground baller

StreetPharmacist has an OK reputation so far

As a Raptor fan, I don't like it. Giving up Chris Bosh is bad enough.. and then we give up TJ Ford as well.. That's like the future Duncan and Tony for a Kobe Bryant. And why should we take Odom for.

Ok.. Bosh may never become a TD, but he's not that far behind Garnett and there's no reason why Bosh cann't be as good as Garnett 2 years from now .. and yes TJ Ford is already almost as good as Tony Parker is.

If I absolutely have to give Bosh.. I'd rather give him with Calderon and take only Kobe in return.. Fu k Odom. Isn't his team-mates in LA the reason why he wants out of there.. then why should we bring Odom here with him. Odom's like the most over-rated player in the West (behind Marion ofcourse)
Plus.. if Bosh ain't gonna be playing in Toronto, why not push Bargnani to his natural position - the PF. And if Bargs be playing the 4, what will Odom play in Toronto? We don't need Odom.
StreetPharmacist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 04:35 AM   #24
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
What don't you understand? Kobe can VETO any trade. Why would Kobe want to go to Canada? What American willingly wants to go to Canada after spending their whole life there? No wonder why Colangelo only signs Europeans. Knicks and Raptors are different scenarios. While the Raptors might be better, New York is the mecca of basketball.
NBA players like to play for winning teams, regardless... Do you think San Antonio is a hotspot?? NO... but players want to go there because it's a winning team and a winning environment. No, this doesn't mean i'm saying this trade would actually go down, but it wouldn't be because Kobe doesn't want to go to Canada.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 04:50 AM   #25
WoGiTaLiA1
Local High School Star

WoGiTaLiA1 has decent reputationWoGiTaLiA1 has decent reputation

I cant understand either team doing this. Raptors become the Lakers, they would be in the east, but they would still be the Lakers(with out the Bynum potential no less.

The Lakers become the Raps. They are more likely to do it because they gain a lot of potenial with Ford and Bosh but I still dont see why they would do it.
WoGiTaLiA1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 08:28 AM   #26
wally_world
M0derator

wally_world has decent reputationwally_world has decent reputation

wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 08:49 AM   #27
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Kobe can probably get to the 2nd round with that team. Three 2nd round exits the next three years and no potential whatsoever. Woo hoo, I think the Raptors are all over this deal.

LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 08:53 AM   #28
T-Low
College superstar

T-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat cool

How about not, I don't want Kobe in Toronto....But it would be funny to see him play for the team he dropped 81 on haha
T-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 09:29 AM   #29
RAPSCANWIN
Keeping the Bench Warm

RAPSCANWIN has decent reputation

Quote:
What the hell are you smoking? Lakers gain nothing in this. NOTHING. Kobe would veto the trade first of all since he doesn't want to go to a small market and are you telling me that Kobe= Bosh, Odom= Ford, Walton= Rasho and Mo Pete. Ford is the same guy Raptor fans have been trashing for the whole year. Lakers might as well just not play defense. Nobody on that team can.

Check your facts...

Toronto is 4 -5 Largest Market in the N.B.A.
RAPSCANWIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 09:36 AM   #30
Richie2k6
Smooth Like Butter

Richie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

There is NO WAY the Raptors would dismantle their team like that. They have too bright of a future, too much chemistry and reputations to be torn apart like that. I promise you Brian Colangelo would not make that trade.
Richie2k6 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: