Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 06-21-2007, 12:23 AM   #1
Soundwave
NBA lottery pick

Soundwave is considered somewhat coolSoundwave is considered somewhat cool
Default Raptors-Lakers Deal That Actually Works For Both Sides

Here's my proposal, may take some tweaking under the trade checker to make it work, but more or less

Kobe Bryant
Lamar Odom
Luke Walton (sign & trade)

for

Chris Bosh
TJ Ford
Rasho Nesterovic
Morris Peterson (sign & trade)

Raptors then use their MLE to sign free agent and local Toronto product, Jamal Magloire and trade Joey Graham for Sarunas Jasikevicius or another back up PG (Raptors brass expressed interest in him already).

Resulting lineups:

C- Magloire/Humphries
PF- Bargnani/Garbo
SF- Odom/Walton
SG- Kobe/Parker
PG- Calderon/Delfino/Jasikevicius

I would add one more bench big, but I feel like Kobe-Bargnani-Odom is the most talented trio in the NBA and Kobe. There's still a strong Euro-flavor on the squad (Kobe also speaks Italian) and good role players in Calderon, Garbajosa, Parker, and Walton. This team is immediately ready to compete for a title IMO, especailly when you factor in Bargnani's continued development.

The Lakers ...

C- Bynum/Rasho
PF- Bosh/Kwame
SF- Radman
SG- Mo P
PG- TJ Ford

The Lakers get an All-Star big and a young potential All-Star PG in TJ Ford to with Bynum ... this is a fit for them also, since the main reason for having Odom anyway was to play second fiddle to Kobe (with him gone ... well ...). I really doubt anyone gives the Lakers a better package than that, factoring in that Bosh and Ford at only 23 years old or so, are also only going to get better and are both signed long term.

Last edited by Soundwave : 06-21-2007 at 12:27 AM.
Soundwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 12:29 AM   #2
Kobe24
Banned

Kobe24 is considered somewhat coolKobe24 is considered somewhat coolKobe24 is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Raptors-Lakers Deal That Actually Works For Both Sides

What the hell are you smoking? Lakers gain nothing in this. NOTHING. Kobe would veto the trade first of all since he doesn't want to go to a small market and are you telling me that Kobe= Bosh, Odom= Ford, Walton= Rasho and Mo Pete. Ford is the same guy Raptor fans have been trashing for the whole year. Lakers might as well just not play defense. Nobody on that team can.
Kobe24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 12:29 AM   #3
NBAFan
Kids at the park dunk on me

NBAFan has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwave
I would add one more bench big, but I feel like Kobe-Bargnani-Odom is the most talented trio in the NBA and Kobe. There's still a strong Euro-flavor on the squad (Kobe also speaks Italian) and good role players in Calderon, Garbajosa, Parker, and Walton.

Does Kobe demand a trade to practice his Italian and maybe learn some Spanish from Garbajosa?
NBAFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 12:30 AM   #4
Soundwave
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe24
What the hell are you smoking? Lakers gain nothing in this. NOTHING. Kobe would veto the trade first of all since he doesn't want to go to a small market and are you telling me that Kobe= Bosh, Odom= Ford, Walton= Rasho and Mo Pete. Ford is the same guy Raptor fans have been trashing for the whole year. Lakers might as well just not play defense. Nobody on that team can.

LOL, Toronto is a small market now? It's the fourth largest market in the NBA after New York, L.A., and Chicago. It may not be Kobe's initial choice but I think if Colangelo could talk to him and he could understand Bargnani's game, he would be sold on it. He wants the Knicks ... c'mon this Raptors squad would be tear the East apart.

The Lakers are not going to get anyone better than Chris Bosh for Kobe Bryant, let alone Bosh + Ford. They will be rebuilding when they trade Kobe no matter what, this at least gives them a very talented core in Bosh-Bynum-Ford to hit the ground running.

Last edited by Soundwave : 06-21-2007 at 12:33 AM.
Old 06-21-2007, 12:34 AM   #5
Kobe24
Banned

Kobe24 is considered somewhat coolKobe24 is considered somewhat coolKobe24 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
LOL, Toronto is a small market now? It's the fourth largest market in the NBA after New York, L.A., and Chicago.

The Lakers are not going to get anyone better than Chris Bosh for Kobe Bryant, let alone Bosh + Ford. They will be rebuilding when they trade Kobe no matter what, this at least gives them a very talented core in Bosh-Bynum-Ford to hit the ground running.

What don't you understand? Kobe can VETO any trade. Why would Kobe want to go to Canada? What American willingly wants to go to Canada after spending their whole life there? No wonder why Colangelo only signs Europeans. Knicks and Raptors are different scenarios. While the Raptors might be better, New York is the mecca of basketball.
Old 06-21-2007, 12:36 AM   #6
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
What don't you understand? Kobe can VETO any trade. Why would Kobe want to go to Canada? What American willingly wants to go to Canada after spending their whole life there? No wonder why Colangelo only signs Europeans. Knicks and Raptors are different scenarios. While the Raptors might be better, New York is the mecca of basketball.

Tries saving his own ass...but instead types more stupidity.
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 12:38 AM   #7
Soundwave
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
What don't you understand? Kobe can VETO any trade. Why would Kobe want to go to Canada? What American willingly wants to go to Canada after spending their whole life there? No wonder why Colangelo only signs Europeans.

I agree *initially* Kobe may have doubts, but I think Colangelo (who just happens to be the best executive in the NBA) could sell him on it.

The Raptors have Maurico Gheridini, the Italian basketball guru in their front office too who knows Kobe's father I believe.

City-wise ... Toronto is nicer than just about any US city and has all the amenities and a great nightlife and all that jazz. I've had friends from the US go up on business to Toronto and they all rave about it. I think Kobe is smart enough to figure that one out.
Old 06-21-2007, 12:40 AM   #8
Kobe24
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by i seen hippos
Tries saving his own ass...but instead types more stupidity.

How the hell am I trying to save my own ass? Huh? Name me the last American who willingly went to the Raptors.

.... Fred Jones?

Compared to other teams, .......?
Old 06-21-2007, 12:40 AM   #9
NBAFan
Kids at the park dunk on me

NBAFan has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
The Raptors have Maurico Gheridini, the Italian basketball guru in their front office too who knows Kobe's father.

Keep posting, it goes better and better.
NBAFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 12:41 AM   #10
Kobe24
Banned

Quote:
I agree *initially* Kobe may have doubts, but I think Colangelo (who just happens to be the best executive in the NBA) could sell him on it.

The Raptors have Maurico Gheridini, the Italian basketball guru in their front office too who knows Kobe's father I believe.

City-wise ... Toronto is nicer than just about any US city and has all the amenities and a great nightlife and all that jazz. I've had friends from the US go up on business to Toronto and they all rave about it. I think Kobe is smart enough to figure that one out.

I live in Toronto. What about Kobe's endorsements compared going to New York, Chicago, LA, Miami, etc?
Old 06-21-2007, 12:44 AM   #11
Soundwave
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
How the hell am I trying to save my own ass? Huh? Name me the last American who willingly went to the Raptors.

.... Fred Jones?

Compared to other teams, .......?

When the Raptors were actually good in the pre-Colangelo era they did get Hakeem Olajuwon to sign there. Tracy McGrady left because he couldn't deal with being in Vince Carter's shadow and later on admitted that he regretted that decision.

It's just a matter of winning, believe me, given a tour of the city, if that's a concern, Toronto is a very easy sell in that area.

The basketball IMO, Kobe-Bargnani-Odom with depth role players like Calderon-Parker-Garbajosa-Walton (really any one of these guys can guy off for 10-20 points, all have high basketball I.Q.s) ... would win some titles IMO.

To me these are packages better than the Gordon + Noconi + filler stuff rumored from Chicago. I really doubt Jerry Buss will just gift wrap Kobe to Chicago knowing that's his first choice anyway.

Last edited by Soundwave : 06-21-2007 at 12:47 AM.
Old 06-21-2007, 12:48 AM   #12
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Kobe is not going to get traded into a better situation. Other superstars of his caliber are either untouchable(Wade, Lebron, Duncan, etc.) or in an equally bad situation(KG). If he were to get traded to a team like the Bulls it would take so many good young pieces for the deal to work that it would end up being a similary scene just in a different city.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 12:49 AM   #13
Kobe24
Banned

Quote:
When the Raptors were actually good in the pre-Colangelo era they did get Hakeem Olajuwon to sign there.

It's just a matter of winning, believe me, given a tour of the city, if that's a concern, Toronto is a very easy sell in that area. It's a gorgeous city.

The basketball IMO, Kobe-Bargnani-Odom with depth role players like Calderon-Parker-Garbajosa-Walton (really any one of these guys can guy off for 10-20 points, all have high basketball I.Q.s) ... would win some titles IMO.

Hakeem was 38 and stunk up the building. He got offered 17 million for 3 years which was 4 million less than what the Rockets were offering. Anyways even though the Raptors would look good on paper, they still wouldn't win anything with that team. Too inexperienced.
Old 06-21-2007, 12:50 AM   #14
Soundwave
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
Kobe is not going to get traded into a better situation. Other superstars of his caliber are either untouchable(Wade, Lebron, Duncan, etc.) or in an equally bad situation(KG). If he were to get traded to a team like the Bulls it would take so many good young pieces for the deal to work that it would end up being a similary scene just in a different city.

Yeah that's why this scenario makes a little more sense in that Kobe goes to IMO a team that still has enough depth left over to work with him, and L.A. gets back All-Star caliber talent.
Old 06-21-2007, 12:51 AM   #15
krazy19
Serious playground baller

krazy19 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Here's my proposal, may take some tweaking under the trade checker to make it work, but more or less

Kobe Bryant
Lamar Odom
Luke Walton (sign & trade)

for

Chris Bosh
TJ Ford
Rasho Nesterovic
Morris Peterson (sign & trade)

Raptors then use their MLE to sign free agent and local Toronto product, Jamal Magloire and trade Joey Graham for Sarunas Jasikevicius or another back up PG (Raptors brass expressed interest in him already).

Resulting lineups:

C- Magloire/Humphries
PF- Bargnani/Garbo
SF- Odom/Walton
SG- Kobe/Parker
PG- Calderon/Delfino/Jasikevicius

I would add one more bench big, but I feel like Kobe-Bargnani-Odom is the most talented trio in the NBA and Kobe. There's still a strong Euro-flavor on the squad (Kobe also speaks Italian) and good role players in Calderon, Garbajosa, Parker, and Walton. This team is immediately ready to compete for a title IMO, especailly when you factor in Bargnani's continued development.

The Lakers ...

C- Bynum/Rasho
PF- Bosh/Kwame
SF- Radman
SG- Mo P
PG- TJ Ford

The Lakers get an All-Star big and a young potential All-Star PG in TJ Ford to with Bynum ... this is a fit for them also, since the main reason for having Odom anyway was to play second fiddle to Kobe (with him gone ... well ...). I really doubt anyone gives the Lakers a better package than that, factoring in that Bosh and Ford at only 23 years old or so, are also only going to get better and are both signed long term.

Kobe wants to win a championship.
krazy19 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: