Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 06-21-2007, 10:38 AM   #31
Loki
Banned

Loki is considered somewhat coolLoki is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Am I the only one who noticed how annoying Jordan gr00pies have been lately?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackMoses
Or the Bad Boys got old

In all truthfulness, it is a mixture of both.

I just don't see why it's difficult to believe that the '91 (or '92 or '93) Bulls would have beaten Detroit regardless of Detroit's "age." They took them to 6 and 7 games the previous two seasons, and it was all Detroit could do to contain Jordan alone. When Pippen and Grant developed (and, more importantly, stopped playing horribly and choking against Detroit in particular), Detroit had no answers.

Why is it so hard to believe that a team who had pushed Detroit to 7 games just a season prior with their second and third best players playing like a$$ would be able to beat said team once everyone was playing well? Detroit didn't "age" that much in one season to go from "the best team in the world" to "over the hill."
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 10:43 AM   #32
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Am I the only one who noticed how annoying Jordan gr00pies have been lately?

http://www.news-gazette.com/blogs/ba...brings_both_to
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 10:45 AM   #33
allball
National High School Star

allball has decent reputationallball has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki
More like "it was only when Jordan got some teammates capable of stepping up and hitting shots and making plays so Detroit couldn't run two and three guys at him every play" that they beat the Pistons.

that may be true oh great Loki but their defense went from 17th to 6th in that year. good point though.
allball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 11:20 AM   #34
Loki
Banned

Loki is considered somewhat coolLoki is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by allball
that may be true oh great Loki but their defense went from 17th to 6th in that year. good point though.

In '88, Chicago was 2nd in defense. The Bulls' problem was never stopping Detroit, it was scoring against them, especially when things got tight. In the '90 ECF, they Detroit averaged 96 ppg. In the '91 ECF they averaged 95.5 ppg (we don't know FG%, obviously). So defense wasn't the biggest issue.
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 01:07 PM   #35
AKA AAP
Banned

AKA AAP has no real reputation yet.

I miss you guys. Give me a couple to several weeks to be back. That's all I have to say for now.
AKA AAP is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: