Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 06-20-2007, 02:45 PM   #1
OneWay
GREATEST OF ALL TIME!!

OneWay has an OK reputation so far
Default Am I the only one who noticed how annoying Jordan gr00pies have been lately?

Easy now, easy... I'm not looking to make enemies. And as a matter of fact, I like most of those posters.
But reading the board recently, I've come to the conslusion that Jordan fans lately have been very paranoid, insecure and rather loud in backing up their hero.

Now, obviously Jordan is a great player, the greatest ever and universally loved like no one else so they're clearly backing up a great player but there's been a few threads lately in which Jordan fans really sounded like gr00pies and not quite rational. From that Larry Bird thread to all Jordan vs Kobe topics..
Add to that the fact that to this day the main purpose of some of them is only to detract Kobe.

Now, I'm not trying to start anything. I have a great deal of respect for all of them except Knoe but is it just me or have we seen the glance of what Jordan gr00pies are like recently?

People talk about Kobe gr00pies but other than one new poster I don't see anyone talking some irratiational BS as we Kobe fans are always accused of..

But Jordan guys have been on display lately, I say other than DeJordan they've all looked bad.
And the thing is...most of those gentlemen are in their late 20's or even 30's.

Most Kobe "gr00pies" aren't even 20 yet.

Just wanted to point it out. Sorry fells but you've been annoying lately.
OneWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 02:55 PM   #2
SRZ66
Local High School Star

SRZ66 has no real reputation yet.
Default Re: Am I the only one who noticed how annoying Jordan gr00pies have been lately?

they have to be like that because so many stupid threads get made. i.e. "who's better, jordan or russell?"
SRZ66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 03:01 PM   #3
Chrono90
Local High School Star

Chrono90 is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: Am I the only one who noticed how annoying Jordan gr00pies have been lately?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneWay
Easy now, easy... I'm not looking to make enemies. And as a matter of fact, I like most of those posters.
But reading the board recently, I've come to the conslusion that Jordan fans lately have been very paranoid, insecure and rather loud in backing up their hero.

Now, obviously Jordan is a great player, the greatest ever and universally loved like no one else so they're clearly backing up a great player but there's been a few threads lately in which Jordan fans really sounded like gr00pies and not quite rational. From that Larry Bird thread to all Jordan vs Kobe topics..
Add to that the fact that to this day the main purpose of some of them is only to detract Kobe.

Now, I'm not trying to start anything. I have a great deal of respect for all of them except Knoe but is it just me or have we seen the glance of what Jordan gr00pies are like recently?

People talk about Kobe gr00pies but other than one new poster I don't see anyone talking some irratiational BS as we Kobe fans are always accused of..

But Jordan guys have been on display lately, I say other than DeJordan they've all looked bad.
And the thing is...most of those gentlemen are in their late 20's or even 30's.

Most Kobe "gr00pies" aren't even 20 yet.

reason why is because jordan has so much fans that one arguable post about him will result in many replies

he has a big fanbase, that's all it is
Chrono90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 03:04 PM   #4
Batchoy
Decent playground baller

Batchoy has an OK reputation so far

Yes. Close thread.
Batchoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 03:15 PM   #5
nba_on_nbc
I brick open layups

nba_on_nbc has an OK reputation so far

Think about this... Kobe's not anywhere close to Jordan's accomplishments right now but some (most?) of Kobe fans behave like he's a legitimate GOAT candidate or something.

If Kobe had accomplished what Jordan have done in his career, can you visualize Kobe fans' behaviour?

I know I can't.
nba_on_nbc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 03:21 PM   #6
sunsfan1357
Word.

sunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by nba_on_nbc
Think about this... Kobe's not anywhere close to Jordan's accomplishments right now but some (most?) of Kobe fans behave like he's a legitimate GOAT candidate or something.

If Kobe had accomplished what Jordan have done in his career, can you visualize Kobe fans' behaviour?

I know I can't.

Common Jordan ******* excuse for claiming Jordan to be infallible.

Not saying you're a ******* or anything, but Jordan ******** here will find any reason to swing on MJ's sack. It is pretty annoying.

*edit* WTF why is the word g r o u p i e censored?
sunsfan1357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 03:25 PM   #7
JalenRawley
Local High School Star

JalenRawley has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneWay

Yeah, it couldn't have anything to do with all of the "next Jordan" talk every single time any player has a good game. Kobe drops 81, suddenly he's the new Michael Jordan. Wade makes it into the Finals, suddenly he's the new Michael Jordan. LeBron makes it into the Finals, suddenly he's the new Michael Jordan.

I'm a Jordan fan. I got to grow up watching every game, and seeing way more than my fair share in person at both the Chicago Stadium and the United Center. I don't have irrational hometown love of Jordan or believe that he is infallible, but the man's career speaks for itself. These days, it's standard operating procedure for every ignorant little retard who has never seen a player in person come in and start making judgments on who is better than who and who did or didn't do what. It's standard operating procedure for people to base decisions on a staggering lack of any knowledge whatsoever.

So, if the Jordan homers are out more than you're used to seeing them, look around a bit more. Do you notice that there are only two types of topics created about Jordan, and both types reek of bull****ters and their poorly informed agendas. People will post about how their little pet hero compares favorably to Jordan, but they'll only post stats, or things they've heard third party, or hyperbole, or most times they'll just make **** up right there and compare based upon that.

You won't see nearly as many annoying Jordan posts if people didn't create annoying LeBron and Kobe threads comparing them.
JalenRawley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 03:40 PM   #8
dejordan
Mars Blackmon Lives!

dejordan has an OK reputation so far

i know i've been chiming in more than normal because there have been a lot of digs coming from posters who just discovered that wilt scored 50, russ won 11, and the 80s celts / lakes had stacked teams and don't know how to contextualize those numbers. then they apparently have an anti-jordan agenda coming from somewhere, so they start telling knowledgable fans that they've been duped into believing jordan was the best by a biased media trying to sell them shoes. it's insulting to basically everyone over the age of 20.

i think i'm going to give up though. i can only say the same thing so many ways before it becomes clear that the kiddies think they're smarter than all the nba experts from cousy to west to russell to magic and that their 1 to 1 ratio conceptualization of statistics is infallible. guess i'll bow out and let them think what they want.
dejordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 03:53 PM   #9
EricForman
Good college starter

EricForman has decent reputationEricForman has decent reputation

at one way. He starts this thread to try to say Jordan fans are as bad, if not worse than Kobe fans on here, trying to say Kobe fans are unfairly treated... but so far, most of the replies have been saying "um kobe fans are worse"

sorry oneway, you failed.

and for the record, if youo're referring to me, Loki, etc, what have we done/written the last two days that's anywhere near as bad as the Kobe guys?

One more things... we don't start topics... we merely defend Jordan when the conversation arises. That's THE biggest difference between Kobe fans and ANY OTHER FANS on ISH. Kobe fans start dumbass threads. Some are so pointless such as Eliteballer randomly posting an article bashing Lebron and then putting a face because if Lebron gets bash, somehow Kobe wins in his eyes.
EricForman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 04:21 PM   #10
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

its that war between kobe fans & basketball fans again..

people who love the NBA have been arguing it for their whole lives and when someone comes in with some bogus talk (kobe is anywhere close to jordan) real fans who really watched and understood Jordan's impact will correct the misinformed guy...

real fans dont like people trying to cheat history...kobe fans are trying to tell basketball fans something that bball fans know aint true..
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 04:26 PM   #11
OneWay
GREATEST OF ALL TIME!!

OneWay has an OK reputation so far

That's a ****ing stereotype. Can anyone give me one example of a Kobe fan saying that Kobe's close to Jordan or anything like it?
You can't.
You all say that Kobe fans act like Kobe's the greatest. Who ever said that.
You act like Kobe fans said Kobe's better or heck, even comparable to Jordan. Who said that?

Stop making **** up.

The point of this topic was to trash the recent behavior of Jordan fans, has little to do with Kobe but just for the record, the latest Kobe vs Jordan topic was started by a Jordan fan.
Jordan fans got all paranoid in some other topics. Sensitive in a Larry Bird topic etc.

Again, I respect most of you guys and I know you know bball.

But recently, you've been annoying, sensitive and overprotective.

You all talk about how bad Kobe fans are.

Give some examples if what you're saying is true.

Most Kobe fans well know that Kobe isn't close to Jordan and I don't see anyone but maybe 1 person trying to say anything different than that.
OneWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 04:29 PM   #12
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

ConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this board

It's because people are making stupid posts on here saying things like this Spurs team who just won can take the championship Bulls teams. It's BS.
ConanRulesNBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 04:41 PM   #13
allball
National High School Star

allball has decent reputationallball has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConanRulesNBC
It's because people are making stupid posts on here saying things like this Spurs team who just won can take the championship Bulls teams. It's BS.

why couldnt they take the Bulls? definitely possible. it was possible for all the teams the Bulls faced. Spurs have the personnel to implement the Jordan rules and Bowen is a better defender than Byron Russell or any of the guys Jordan faced except Payton and Payton held him to some off shooting nights. could happen.
allball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 04:43 PM   #14
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

ConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by allball
why couldnt they take the Bulls? definitely possible. it was possible for all the teams the Bulls faced. Spurs have the personnel to implement the Jordan rules and Bowen is a better defender than Byron Russell or any of the guys Jordan faced except Payton and Payton held him to some off shooting nights. could happen.

Bowen wouldn't be able to keep up with Jordan. MJ would score 30+ points, no one on the Spurs would be able to contain Pippen. Rodman would give Duncan some trouble and then you have Ron Harper, Steve Kerr, Toni Kukoc with the Bulls. The Bulls would win easily.
ConanRulesNBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 04:47 PM   #15
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
That's a ****ing stereotype. Can anyone give me one example of a Kobe fan saying that Kobe's close to Jordan or anything like it?
You can't.
You all say that Kobe fans act like Kobe's the greatest. Who ever said that.
You act like Kobe fans said Kobe's better or heck, even comparable to Jordan. Who said that?

Stop making **** up.

The point of this topic was to trash the recent behavior of Jordan fans, has little to do with Kobe but just for the record, the latest Kobe vs Jordan topic was started by a Jordan fan.
Jordan fans got all paranoid in some other topics. Sensitive in a Larry Bird topic etc.

Again, I respect most of you guys and I know you know bball.

But recently, you've been annoying, sensitive and overprotective.

You all talk about how bad Kobe fans are.

Give some examples if what you're saying is true.

Most Kobe fans well know that Kobe isn't close to Jordan and I don't see anyone but maybe 1 person trying to say anything different than that.

Let me say a few things..... I dont know how long you've been on this board, but this has been a conflict since at least 2001....Back when kobe was the golden child and could do no wrong, he was routinely compared to Jordan "kobe's better than Mj was at (insert age)..... this talk has evolved and devolved from time to time according to whatever kobe's was currently doing..... Its much like it is today...its a constant struggle by kobe fans to put kobe at the top of te bball world vs. bball fans efforts to keep kobe's legacy in perspective

youve got a thread full of people telling you what the issue is and yet you still refuse to believe....

It reminds of when I was really young and my favorite player (before Magic) was Mo Cheeks.... I had some friends and tried to argue that Mo cheeks was as good a pure point as Magic Johnson...I got laughed at and clowned unbelievably to the point that I still remember it to this day.... I learned something from that...I learned that if Im gonna follow the NBA, then I gotta follow it for real....I cant be about a bunch of homer sh*t...that gets you laughed at and your opinion becomes worthless.....I learned to make sure I knew what I was talking about......

I see the same dynamic here....

Real basketball fans are laughing their asses off at some of the things kobe fans say..... the real fans wont allow certain people to just portray the game any way they want (without chiming in and correcting it)
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: