Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 06-20-2007, 11:17 AM   #16
WoGiTaLiA1
Local High School Star

WoGiTaLiA1 has decent reputationWoGiTaLiA1 has decent reputation
Default Re: Something I don't understand about Kobe wanting to be traded

Quote:
Vince...BD....you have gone a little overboard..Comparing a sure HOFer and top 5 sg ever with Wince.... Thats just too much.. Even Loki wouldnt agree with that..

Also if you put Carter or BD or even T-Mac on the Bulls for that trade I dont see them as a team capable of getting to the finals...Kobe is a different story..

Type of player, not level of skill. Kobe is better than those guys, but he isn't Duncan or Shaq. He isnt getting you a realistic shot at the title without some genuine support around him. Tmac, BD and Carter are no different, they are basically an upgrade to any team and will make them better but you wont be a contender. TMac, Davis and Carter have as much support around them as Duncan does right now, none of them are contenders though.

Kobe is a great talent, but he is only better than Tmac or Carter because he is more committed. Both guys have the same level of talent, just not as much heart.
WoGiTaLiA1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 11:20 AM   #17
Brunch@Five
College superstar

Brunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knoe Itawl
I hate all this "Poor Kobe he was lied too" stuff. As has already been pointed out, it's HARD to build a championship contender after a dynasty for several reasons. And to do so in THREE years? No one should expect that.

Also, he had to have known once they got rid of Shaq that the team would be taking a big blow. Why is he surprised that the team is where it is? What a whiner. It's hard to build a title contender anyway, and it's even harder to do so after a long run of dominance for a team.

But who cares, right? Poor widdle Kobe isn't on a contending team. That's all that matters.

Lakers made promises they didn't keep. Not only that, they apparently didn't even try to fulfill their promises by acquiring good/great players like Kidd, Boozer etc.
The Lakers should simply not have lied to Kobe or made promises they cannot keep. That's borderline fraud if you ask me, because only by making these promises did Kobe sign the original contract.
Brunch@Five is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 11:28 AM   #18
IGOTGAME
NBA All-star

IGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoGiTaLiA1
Type of player, not level of skill. Kobe is better than those guys, but he isn't Duncan or Shaq. He isnt getting you a realistic shot at the title without some genuine support around him. Tmac, BD and Carter are no different, they are basically an upgrade to any team and will make them better but you wont be a contender. TMac, Davis and Carter have as much support around them as Duncan does right now, none of them are contenders though.

Kobe is a great talent, but he is only better than Tmac or Carter because he is more committed. Both guys have the same level of talent, just not as much heart.

having great work ethic and drive is a talent...

Also Duncan and Shaq are top 10 players ever. Dont act as if because he doesnt have that impact there is something wrong...What sg besides Jordan in history has had that impact... And I dont think Duncan has Shaq's impact either, I dont think he is a good enough scorer to make any team a contender.. He is the best player in the league but he doesnt make any body a contender like prime Shaq could.
IGOTGAME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 11:31 AM   #19
Knoe Itawl
Bringer of Light

Knoe Itawl has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunch@Five
Lakers made promises they didn't keep. Not only that, they apparently didn't even try to fulfill their promises by acquiring good/great players like Kidd, Boozer etc.
The Lakers should simply not have lied to Kobe or made promises they cannot keep. That's borderline fraud if you ask me, because only by making these promises did Kobe sign the original contract.

Did you read what I wrote? All the front office can do it TRY to build a contender but their hands are tied no matter what they "promised" and Kobe should be smart enough to realize that. NO team can promise a player a contender, they can only try to build one and as I pointed out in the Lakers case it was even more difficult because of the dynasty years.

Even if they had the best front office in the history of front offices, it would have been practically impossible to build a contender in three years given what LA had.

But Bryant fans dont' really care about REALITY, only spinning each new Kobe fiasco to make him look as good as possible each time.
Knoe Itawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 11:42 AM   #20
Brunch@Five
College superstar

Brunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knoe Itawl
Did you read what I wrote? All the front office can do it TRY to build a contender but their hands are tied no matter what they "promised" and Kobe should be smart enough to realize that. NO team can promise a player a contender, they can only try to build one and as I pointed out in the Lakers case it was even more difficult because of the dynasty years.

Even if they had the best front office in the history of front offices, it would have been practically impossible to build a contender in three years given what LA had.

But Bryant fans dont' really care about REALITY, only spinning each new Kobe fiasco to make him look as good as possible each time.

Did you read what I wrote? I said they apparently didn't even try to build a contender. When they had the opportunity, they wasted it. They decided to be patient and wait for Bynum to develop, as opposed to aggressively try to built a contender, what they promised to Kobe.

Kobe signed the contract under the premise that Buss promised to try hard to built a contender. Buss didn't do that, he basically cheated on Kobe.
Brunch@Five is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 11:42 AM   #21
Loki
Banned

Loki is considered somewhat coolLoki is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by nba_on_nbc
I don't seem to understand. What would Lakers gain from Kobe waiving the power if he still gets traded to the team he wants? Or are you saying, Lakers should agree to trade him only if they are the ones to choose the team to be traded?

If they make him waive his veto power, he would still be able to be traded to a team of his choosing, but wouldn't be able to dictate which players LA got in return for him.

Quote:
Well, if they sit on him, kobe can cruise this season and next year they'll have much less leverage because he'd have only one year left before the opt-out. I think he put Lakers in a very difficult position right now.

It's the principle. Also, even if he opts out, that's a lot of salary coming off the books that they can use to pursue a high profile FA or three.
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 11:49 AM   #22
KWALI
erudite

KWALI has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoGiTaLiA1

That's highly inaccurate they have shown alot more heart becuz they've had to deal with largley ****ed up situations much longer. KB8 is in their position three years and is already complaining....*****ing outta the best Franchise in the last 25 seasons. He can't be patient.

And VC doesn't have San Antonio like support..the import than about the SPurs is Balance...the Nests aren't balanced...so eventhough VC has HOF teamate becuz their skill sets overlap and collide it doesn't complement him as well as TP and MAnu and Bruce compliment TD.
KWALI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 11:50 AM   #23
IGOTGAME
NBA All-star

IGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWALI
That's highly inaccurate they have shown alot more heart becuz they've had to deal with largley ****ed up situations much longer. KB8 is in their position three years and is already complaining....*****ing outta the best Franchise in the last 25 seasons. He can't be patient.

And VC doesn't have San Antonio like support..the import than about the SPurs is Balance...the Nests aren't balanced...so eventhough VC has HOF teamate becuz their skill sets overlap and collide it doesn't complement him as well as TP and MAnu and Bruce compliment TD.

Vince doesnt care..thats the vibe I get from him...He can care less whether he wins a title or not....
IGOTGAME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 11:52 AM   #24
Knoe Itawl
Bringer of Light

Knoe Itawl has not been impressing people

Quote:
Did you read what I wrote? I said they apparently didn't even try to build a contender. When they had the opportunity, they wasted it. They decided to be patient and wait for Bynum to develop, as opposed to aggressively try to built a contender, what they promised to Kobe.

Kobe signed the contract under the premise that Buss promised to try hard to built a contender. Buss didn't do that, he basically cheated on Kobe.

Then apparently you're saying that Kobe Bryant is an idiot who didn't realize that there was no way Buss COULD make that promise at that time.

Are you telling me that factors I mentioned you find to be irrelevant, and you think that magically LA was just going to build a contender in three years?

You Kobe guys live in some fantasy world. Apparently the same world he occupies.
Knoe Itawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 11:54 AM   #25
KWALI
erudite

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
Vince doesnt care..thats the vibe I get from him...He can care less whether he wins a title or not....

That's not true at all..The real difference is he doesn't care to make sure they win becuz of him...KB8 to ensure his legacy likes to make sure that he is seen as primary to the success...that's why he took over in the Laker vs Detroit series....

If VC didn't care about winning he would just stay in T.O...he was the biggest fish and he would have been paid by them idiots till the end...Same with T-Mac and Orlando...Although I think T-Mac made a tactical error.
Old 06-20-2007, 12:15 PM   #26
John Starks
National High School Star

John Starks has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

I very much enjoy the Kobe-ite theory of "we could've had Boozer and Kidd and the GM didn't even try to get them"

First off, available players are available for a reason. According to all sources (besides Kobe-ites) Boozer was never really available. The Jazz owner shot his mouth off (which he has over multiple players, including Malone, with limited impact) but the Jazz were not getting rid of him. He was injured, it was frustrating forthe team.

Kidd is avail because he is old and expensive. Lakers balekd at the deal because they didn't want to be stuck with a deterioting expensive Kidd (third max deal on the roster) without being a title team (whcih Kidd didn't make them).

Good move Lakers.

Baron Davis? - another max contract guy, another VERY injury prone guy, another guy who needs the ball, dominates the ball, and shoots too much and is erratci with his shot and game. If he were on the Lakers, within 3 games we'd get "He just doesn't fit well with Kobe".

--well he wn't dominate it if Kobe's on the team --- well, yes he will, its his game ot have the ball, without the ball, may as well be Smush.

Artest? Another guy who dominates the ball on offense without being that good at it, and is another disruptive force. and he IS the best fit and most likely acquisitiyion of all the guys mentioned and he only get the Lakers to Utah-Hou land, not SA, Dal, Phx land...assuming best behavior

Who else...who else does Kobe need and deserve that the lame front office failed to get. Who are these other guys the primma donna wanted accumulated so he'd be a winner again.

Do you know why they lose? their best player who takes the VAST majority of the shots, misses alot of his shots and turns the ball over a ton - it puts toom uch pressure on the D and too much pressure on the teammates ot pick up the slack. If he shot better - say like a Duncan, Shaq, Nowitzki, Nash, then he could be the best player on a contending team.
John Starks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 12:20 PM   #27
JtotheIzzo
Cavs eh? Ok then!

JtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by konex
If he really wanted to be traded, he wouldn't be destroying the Lakers leverage like this. He's just throwing a tantrum so the team makes drastic moves to improve and if they don't, he's setting up his opt out...

I don't really like what he's doing but obviously working behind the scenes hasn't pressured management...

Kobe is going to make this more of a mess and more of a problem as time goes on.

This is gonna get REAL ugly

book it
JtotheIzzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 12:37 PM   #28
John Starks
National High School Star

John Starks has an OK reputation so far

I'm the lakers I cut deals with every team in the League and go extremely public about them:

"Made a deal with Char, but Princess won't waive her clause"
"Have a deal with Bos, but the little Miss, won't waive her clause"
"Just made a deal with Orl, but unfortunately, the Lady of the house loves her clause more than playing"

Then I bench the b!trch. season is a waste anyway. Let Lamar and the boys get us to 30ish wins and a decent draft choice. Sitting on the bench for two years should cool her jets and decrease her opt-out value and get two good players and the team ready for the non-Kobe era..
John Starks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 12:43 PM   #29
Loki
Banned

Loki is considered somewhat coolLoki is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Starks
I'm the lakers I cut deals with every team in the League and go extremely public about them:

"Just made a deal with Orl, but unfortunately, the Lady of the house loves her clause more than playing"

Then I bench the b!trch. season is a waste anyway. Let Lamar and the boys get us to 30ish wins and a decent draft choice. Sitting on the bench for two years should cool her jets and decrease her opt-out value and get two good players and the team ready for the non-Kobe era..

Haha, I love it!
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 01:06 PM   #30
KWALI
erudite

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Starks

Co-signed everytime I give him a bit of credit for being smart he defies me....white chick rape case...didn't even use rubbers on a female he don't know...basketball decisions...now forcing a public trade situation.

He said enough in teh conference after the game no more had to be said.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: