Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 06-20-2007, 06:57 AM   #1
loot
H.U.M.A.N. World

loot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation here
Default Marbury is even a greater guy

Quote:
Marbury has added a new wrinkle to his summer-long basketball tournament, with players required to read three books and write an essay. Marbury, who has two years and $42 million left on his contract, made a $10,000 donation to the Brooklyn Public Library two weeks ago.

You can't hate on this guy.
loot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 07:54 AM   #2
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Marbury is even a greater guy

People will still find a way.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 08:14 AM   #3
Valliant13
NBA lottery pick

Valliant13 is considered somewhat coolValliant13 is considered somewhat coolValliant13 is considered somewhat cool

His on court play and attitude are worthy of sport hate. His off court actions show a real respect for his community and desire to give back. I have very little respect for him as a basketball player, but a great deal of respect for him as a decent human being.
Valliant13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 08:21 AM   #4
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valliant13
His on court play and attitude are worthy of sport hate. His off court actions show a real respect for his community and desire to give back. I have very little respect for him as a basketball player, but a great deal of respect for him as a decent human being.

I have a great deal of respect for him as a basketball player as well. He is a starting pg in the NBA and an All-Star, my god. Way better than I'll ever be. I respect that.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 08:44 AM   #5
Sharas
Great college starter

Sharas is considered somewhat coolSharas is considered somewhat coolSharas is considered somewhat cool

believe me, i can still hate his on-court game.

but yes, he really seems like a good guy to me.
Sharas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 08:48 AM   #6
Da KO King

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valliant13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharas
believe me, i can still hate his on-court game.

but yes, he really seems like a good guy to me.
Like I said Loot, people will find a way.
Old 06-20-2007, 08:50 AM   #7
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I've never liked the guy as a basketball player and I never will. But I most definitly have respect for him off the court.
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 08:52 AM   #8
Sharas
Great college starter

Sharas is considered somewhat coolSharas is considered somewhat coolSharas is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da KO King
Like I said Loot, people will find a way.

hating on someone's game and hating on someone's personality are different things.
why can't you dislike someone as a player and like him as a person? or vice versa?
Old 06-20-2007, 08:56 AM   #9
Da KO King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharas
hating on someone's game and hating on someone's personality are different things.
why can't you dislike someone as a player and like him as a person? or vice versa?
Hate and dislike are two different things.

On top of that no one hated or disliked Marbury and his game until he became a Knick.
Old 06-20-2007, 08:59 AM   #10
Sharas
Great college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da KO King
Hate and dislike are two different things.

On top of that no one hated or disliked Marbury and his game until he became a Knick.

then you can say i dislike his game. i'm certainly not your irrational ha8er type of guy. and i especially don't have any reason to hate on the knicks.
Old 06-20-2007, 09:10 AM   #11
shafir
I>You. Get over it.

shafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected poster

He also donated a free pair of Starbury 1 sneakers to every varsity basketball player in New York City.
shafir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 09:17 AM   #12
Rockets(T-mac)

Rockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputation

Wow its like this guy does something great for the community everyday. He is sometimes questionable on the court, and use to talk a lot of himself(I am the best PG in the league), but he is truly a great guy in terms of personality. (No I not hating just telling the truth)
Rockets(T-mac) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 11:07 AM   #13
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Ive never really liked him on court but i respect what he can do because of his talent. It seems like he is a really good guy off the court though.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 11:13 AM   #14
WoGiTaLiA1
Local High School Star

WoGiTaLiA1 has decent reputationWoGiTaLiA1 has decent reputation

If he had spent more time thinking about not saying the stupid stuff in the first place he could have saved a lot of time and money on the whole image fix he is attempting now.

If he spent as much time on his game as he does on the charity he would be a far greater player.

Should add that to me any player who is consistently leaking all the good work he is doing has an alternative motive for doing it. True heroes are the guys you dont hear about or if you do you dont hear until months after it happens.

Good on him though, at least he is giving something.
WoGiTaLiA1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 11:29 AM   #15
KWALI
erudite

KWALI has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoGiTaLiA1
If he had spent more time thinking about not saying the stupid stuff in the first place he could have saved a lot of time and money on the whole image fix he is attempting now.

If he spent as much time on his game as he does on the charity he would be a far greater player.

Should add that to me any player who is consistently leaking all the good work he is doing has an alternative motive for doing it. True heroes are the guys you dont hear about or if you do you dont hear until months after it happens.

Good on him though, at least he is giving something.

It's not an image fix.....you mistake him for a KB8 or LeBron someone similiar.....He really does care that much about his wider image in the media....doesn't have National Commercial deal to worry much about anyway...

He's a heart felt dude...
KWALI is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: