Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 06-20-2007, 02:58 AM   #16
SCdac
Very good NBA starter

SCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Lakers contemplating Luther Head for Brian Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTD
While Cook is a good spot up shooter (and that's about it!), I think what we are seeing here is the Mike James effect more than anything. Now that Houston has James, Head is clearly expendable.

Not to mention, the Rockets would be losing Juwan Howard, a big who's roughly the same size as Brian Cook (both at about 6-9, 250 pounds)...

This trade makes sense in my opinion, in terms of need. But it seems lopsided, in terms of talent.

Brian Cook isn't that great, too inconsistent (almost like his minutes per game). He did put up a *few* big games this season though. In a win against MIA back in january, he went for 25/10/4 with 3 blocks and 4 threes. In a loss to PHX in march, he went for 22 and 14, with 4 threes and a block. He's shown some potential, however minute... Luther Head is an excellent three point shooter. Not quite sold on him as a big time playmaker, but not all the best PG's rack up high assists (Parker, Bibby, Arenas, etc). He would definitely help the Lakers though.
SCdac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 03:07 AM   #17
KareemsGoggles
Banned

KareemsGoggles has an OK reputation so far

Total steal for the Lakers. What's the contemplation?
KareemsGoggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 03:20 AM   #18
ElPigto
*****istrator

ElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Luther is not a PG. He makes stupid plays as well. Thankfully the Lakers have no big men, so you won't be pulling your hairs when he throws the ball so low to the post. He can shoot the three, but other than that, he didn't show anything he could do average with the Rockets.

His defense sucked most of the time. His midrange game was coming along but still was raw. His dribbling skills were horrible, he sucked bringing up the ball against heavy pressure. Kid has ice running through his veins though and will hit some clutch shots.

I don't know anything about Cook except for the fact that he always has great shooting games against the Rockets. I don't want that soft PF in our team, I rather get something else for Luther.
ElPigto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 03:22 AM   #19
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElPigto
Luther is not a PG. He makes stupid plays as well. Thankfully the Lakers have no big men, so you won't be pulling your hairs when he throws the ball so low to the post. He can shoot the three, but other than that, he didn't show anything he could do average with the Rockets.

His defense sucked most of the time. His midrange game was coming along but still was raw. His dribbling skills were horrible, he sucked bringing up the ball against heavy pressure. Kid has ice running through his veins though and will hit some clutch shots.

I don't know anything about Cook except for the fact that he always has great shooting games against the Rockets. I don't want that soft PF in our team, I rather get something else for Luther.
I know this off topic but damn, how long you gotta rock that Deron Willians avatar.
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 03:23 AM   #20
wTFaMonkey
RP 4 lyfe

wTFaMonkey is considered somewhat coolwTFaMonkey is considered somewhat coolwTFaMonkey is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacerRaptor
good trade for the lakers, they need a PG

luther is not a point guard
wTFaMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 03:31 AM   #21
ElPigto
*****istrator

ElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
I know this off topic but damn, how long you gotta rock that Deron Willians avatar.

I think I still have to wear this avatar 1 1/2 months.

I have a dilemma though, I really like Deron Williams. I had never seem him play until the playoffs, and I loved the kid. I may never take it off. It'd be sort of ironic since I do hate the Jazz, but oh well, it's not such a bad avatar.
ElPigto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 03:38 AM   #22
dudeguykid
High school junior varsity star

dudeguykid has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by brantonli
Allow me to direct you to this video:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYjFo5K1pNM

No way to BRIAN COOK!!!

The music made that even better
dudeguykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 03:48 AM   #23
DTD
Good High School Starter

DTD has decent reputationDTD has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudeguykid

The music made that even better

Classic Benny Hill music at the 1:20 mark. lol
DTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 04:07 AM   #24
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElPigto

Luther is a fine defender and enough of a ball handler for the triangle offense. Doing nothing but pass and cutting in the T-offense, he'll be fine. I think you sorely underrate him, outside from the clutch ability.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 04:49 AM   #25
WoGiTaLiA1
Local High School Star

WoGiTaLiA1 has decent reputationWoGiTaLiA1 has decent reputation

Actually a very good trade for both teams.

Cook should fit nicely with Yao and Tmac, will give them a lot more spacing with his range(which unfortunately is about all he has going for him). But that spacing is something they desperately need. They have been getting nothing from the PF position for a while now, getting some spacing to free up Yao and Tmac to do more damage is a very good thing. Effectively they get what they will get from Head, who wont play because of the other PG's anyway.

Lakers get a good fit for the triangle. Perfect system and type of team for him. He basically is a spot up shooter, being with the Lakers that is all he should be asked to do. Receive passes from Kobe, Odom and Bynum if he is any good, plays adequate defense. Both guys improve the team they go to. Head looks the better player, but a change and a chance could do wonders for Cook who was certainly a better prospect coming out of college.
WoGiTaLiA1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 04:50 AM   #26
sixerfan3511
Local High School Star

sixerfan3511 has decent reputation

cook would fit in well with Houston, he is actually a power forward and his strength is shooting, he would do well...
sixerfan3511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 05:44 AM   #27
Devientz
High school junior varsity star

Devientz has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCdac
Not to mention, the Rockets would be losing Juwan Howard, a big who's roughly the same size as Brian Cook (both at about 6-9, 250 pounds)...

This trade makes sense in my opinion, in terms of need. But it seems lopsided, in terms of talent.

Brian Cook isn't that great, too inconsistent (almost like his minutes per game). He did put up a *few* big games this season though. In a win against MIA back in january, he went for 25/10/4 with 3 blocks and 4 threes. In a loss to PHX in march, he went for 22 and 14, with 4 threes and a block. He's shown some potential, however minute... Luther Head is an excellent three point shooter. Not quite sold on him as a big time playmaker, but not all the best PG's rack up high assists (Parker, Bibby, Arenas, etc). He would definitely help the Lakers though.

Thats not the problem with Cook though, he has the ability to score....His problem is that he was almost as bad as Smush was on D...Most games he will give up more points than he scores, and he will foul out in 10 mins if you let him. But Rockets are a good defensive team so who knows..maybe itd work. If i'm the Lakers though I'm all for this trade
Devientz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 06:46 AM   #28
OneWay
GREATEST OF ALL TIME!!

OneWay has an OK reputation so far

Do it Mitch and run as fast as you can.
OneWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 07:06 AM   #29
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Stupid morons calling Head out for not being a PG.

3 words.

We.Don't.Care.
RidonKs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 07:45 AM   #30
Cosmonaut
I hit open layups

Cosmonaut has an OK reputation so far

rockets must be able to get something better then brian cook, i'd rather keep head if all we can get is brian cook, head will improove again this coming season.
Cosmonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: