Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 06-19-2007, 11:07 PM   #16
WorldWarriors
Decent playground baller

WorldWarriors has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Kings Announce Their New Coach

From what I remember of Reggie Theus. Not a bad player but he was all about his Hollywood image. LOL @ this pic.

WorldWarriors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 11:40 PM   #17
sunsfan1357
Word.

sunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Kings Announce Their New Coach is Reggie Theus

I was hoping Scott Brooks would get the job. It'd be nice to see a good ole Manteca (my hometown) man get some pub. Ah well. Heard on the radio the other day Brooks was the leader then Jerry Tarkanian (the former UNLV coach and Petrie's friend) said they need someone with more of a Las Vegas personality. Go figure.
sunsfan1357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 11:48 PM   #18
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by IversonMelo2K7
who??

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoHnShOeZ1492
Reggie Who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockets(T-mac)
Never heared of this guy.

Two time All-Star in the 1980's yall.

check out RainierBeachPoet's 1976-1986 thread.
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 11:54 PM   #19
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro

Y2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected poster

If you don't know Reggie Theus, then you had a terrible childhood. Saturday mornings watching Saved By the Bell the new years and Hangtime was great.

Then came the Pokemon Ruined Saturdays for me 'til this day.
Y2Gezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 11:55 PM   #20
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

bigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this board

We didn't even give Brown an interview?

I mean is Petrie on crack? Are the Maloofs this stupid?

Ok, this sucks ass. Anyone want to explain his coaching style, philosophy?
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 11:57 PM   #21
bigkingsfan
Gif-ted

bigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboi_baller
We didn't even give Brown an interview?

I mean is Petrie on crack? Are the Maloofs this stupid?

"Petrie said he called Brown "a couple of times" in the last day but, clearly, opted for another direction."

Brown's age + kings current roster = No go
bigkingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 12:04 AM   #22
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

bigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkingsfan

"Petrie said he called Brown "a couple of times" in the last day but, clearly, opted for another direction."

Brown's age + kings current roster = No go
Brown said he didn't get any feedback from the Kings.

I doubt Petrie got in touch, he never seems to want big name coaches who might challenge his authority. I mean he never wanted Phil Jackson either and sounds like he didn't want Brown.
Old 06-20-2007, 12:09 AM   #23
sunsfan1357
Word.

sunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboi_baller
Brown said he didn't get any feedback from the Kings.

I doubt Petrie got in touch, he never seems to want big name coaches who might challenge his authority. I mean he never wanted Phil Jackson either and sounds like he didn't want Brown.

I wouldn't want Brown for the Kings. He ALWAYS has a problem with at least one player on the team, plus he'll probably just leave after two or three years anyway and where would the Kings be then? I think Theus/Brooks/Shaw were better long term possibilities for the Kings. Let's just hope Kings fans actually display some patience or else they'll probably be begging Musselman to be back just like they were begging for Adelman.
Old 06-20-2007, 12:18 AM   #24
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro

Y2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected poster

The Kings have to be rebuilding now.
Y2Gezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 12:24 AM   #25
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsfan1357
I wouldn't want Brown for the Kings. He ALWAYS has a problem with at least one player on the team, plus he'll probably just leave after two or three years anyway and where would the Kings be then? I think Theus/Brooks/Shaw were better long term possibilities for the Kings. Let's just hope Kings fans actually display some patience or else they'll probably be begging Musselman to be back just like they were begging for Adelman.
No one ever questioned that Adelman was a good coach, but no one can argue that Muess did a good job in Sac town.

Theres no way we anyone will be inviting Muss back to town.
Old 06-20-2007, 12:30 AM   #26
sunsfan1357
Word.

Oh i agree that Muss did a horrible job, that was just more of a remark about how quickly everyone changed their tune. Rightfully deserved, I supposed, but entertaining at the same time to hear everyone complaining on the radio.
Old 06-20-2007, 01:13 AM   #27
Showtime
Hardwood Hero

Showtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsfan1357
I was hoping Scott Brooks would get the job. It'd be nice to see a good ole Manteca (my hometown) man get some pub. Ah well. Heard on the radio the other day Brooks was the leader then Jerry Tarkanian (the former UNLV coach and Petrie's friend) said they need someone with more of a Las Vegas personality. Go figure.
WTF does that mean? OMG I hate the way this franchise is acting right now.
Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 01:18 AM   #28
cabz
Can barely lace up my sneakers

cabz has an OK reputation so far

I think it's a nice move, and he's already saying the right things - that the Kings have no identity, he couldn't figure out from the tapes what they were trying to accomplish, and he needs to talk to the players and spend some more time with Petrie and the tapes to build an identity. Obvious, but not your typical Muss-type bs about how he's going to come in and make us a defensive team just because that's what people wanted to hear (even though the Kings didn't have the personnel for it). I'll be extremely pleased if Petrie can follow this up with some trades to get rid of Miller, KT, Bibby, and Artest.
cabz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 01:40 AM   #29
allball
National High School Star

allball has decent reputationallball has decent reputation

Reggie who? you guys kill me. Reggie was a very good player and leader. was very popular for the Bulls before Jordan. never had the benefit of deep playoff runs but the guy could really play.

as far as coaching I wish he would have stayed NCAA a little longer.

PJ Carlesimo is the best coach available. Larry is done.
allball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 02:44 AM   #30
statman32
NBA Legend

statman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Kings Announce Their New Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradMiller52
Statman since you seem to know about him from New Mexico State can you tell me anything about him? What did he do? What did he ask guys to do? Was he a grind it out/defensive coach or a run and gun coach? Thanks man.
I dont know too much about his coaching style besides that everyone that has ever talked about him has called him more of a NBA coach than a college coach. He has been called a hard ass before but he seems to be a great communicator so that should work well in the NBA.

Theus will impress you off the court but he still has a lot to prove and learn on the court. Hopefully the Kings will hire some veteran assistant coaches to help him out. You guys are obviously rebuilding so I think it was a great decision to pick him rather than some older coach.

It was a bit surprising to see the Maloofs take him from NMSU considering they contribute a lot to that program and I would have expected that they want him there but I guess his potential to be a great coach and his potential to be a Las Vegas kind of coach outweighed that.
statman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: