Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 06-20-2007, 12:13 AM   #31
dejordan
Mars Blackmon Lives!

Default Re: Your favorite game in NBA history

favorite game:

1991 nba finals game 3. divac hits a layup for a two point lead with seconds remaining after a lucky break drops the ball in his hands. jordan dribbles up the sideline and nails the game tying last second shot in vlade's face to send it to OT where he totally takes over.
dejordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 12:38 AM   #32
RidonKs
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki
What a huge carry on that crossover. :) Nice move, but you can see that Kobe pretty much had to go into his shot motion there because the ball came up too high off the crossover and was going to get caught on his hip. He wouldn't have been able to dribble it again. Nice fake, footwork, and patience, though. Reminds me of the play at the 3:39 mark here (replay at 4:09):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_mYgJtnX1Y

:)
Meh, crossover, shmossover. I still love it.

This is the other one, although I'm sure you've seen it before.

The MJ one was decent, although the main reason I like the Kobe one is because Manu literally goes flying everywhere. The pumpfake is nice, but isn't that high on the list of why I love the move.
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 12:51 AM   #33
Loki
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidonKs
Meh, crossover, shmossover. I still love it.

This is the other one, although I'm sure you've seen it before.

That's almost exactly like the move Jordan put on Rex Chapman at the beginning of "Michael Jordan: Above and Beyond." Nice move. I'm no fan of Kobe, but he's made a few moves that have had me shaking my head. My two faves:

1) Against Utah during the '05 season (I think), he crosses over AK out high and drives baseline, where a second defender is stepping up. He pump fakes AK and the second defender out of their shoes and then does some sort of reverse half spin jump in the air to get himself squared with the basket again and hits the 10 footer.

2) Against the Mavs last season (the game where LA wore the powder blue unis; I think Kobe had around 42 that game), he drives and weaves around 2-3 Mavs and then does some sick reverse scoop with english from in front of the rim (no glass, it just creeps over the rim and goes in).
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 12:59 AM   #34
sunsfan1357
Word.

Game 3 Suns v. Sonics in the 97 playoffs. Chapman hits the three to tie it up with 2 ticks left. Suns lose but I was like 10 years old at the time and got to stay up past my bedtime to finish watching the game. Good stuff.

More recently is the Game 1 v. the Spurs in the 2002-2003 playoffs. Amare banks in a three to send the game to OT and then Marbury banks in a three at the end of OT to win it 96-95.
sunsfan1357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 01:12 AM   #35
IBLEEDGREEN43
Local High School Star

My favorite game was in the conference finals of the 2002 playoffs..you all remember it

nets vs celtics.. game 3

there i am, sitting in the fleetcenter.. with boston down like 24 points.. we paid good money to go to the game, so we decided to stay, and maybe get some autographs after the blowout..

and all of the sudden, boston comes right back..

wins the game..

biggest playoff comeback in NBA history.. damnitt i had an awesome time.. great seats too
IBLEEDGREEN43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 01:12 AM   #36
IBLEEDGREEN43
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsfan1357
Game 3 Suns v. Sonics in the 97 playoffs. Chapman hits the three to tie it up with 2 ticks left. Suns lose but I was like 10 years old at the time and got to stay up past my bedtime to finish watching the game. Good stuff.

More recently is the Game 1 v. the Spurs in the 2002-2003 playoffs. Amare banks in a three to send the game to OT and then Marbury banks in a three at the end of OT to win it 96-95.

- oh ya dude.. i was in florida watching that suns spurs in a hotel room, i remmeber marbury running around the court after he made that shot.. damn damn damn
IBLEEDGREEN43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 02:51 AM   #37
allball
National High School Star

Game 4 83 finals cause the Sixers finally won
allball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 02:56 AM   #38
Day La Ghetto
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by dejordan
favorite game:

1991 nba finals game 3. divac hits a layup for a two point lead with seconds remaining after a lucky break drops the ball in his hands. jordan dribbles up the sideline and nails the game tying last second shot in vlade's face to send it to OT where he totally takes over.

Didn't watch it live but that was such a tough shot and you had to have ice water in your veins to pull up right in front of Vlade like MJ did.

Nets vs Pacers 2002 playoff
1998 Jazz vs Lakers, Shaq with a game winning hook from in inbounds play.
Day La Ghetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 03:44 AM   #39
20 Dimes A Game
HeartHustleHope

Game 3 of the 04' finals.
20 Dimes A Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 12:37 PM   #40
RidonKs
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki
That's almost exactly like the move Jordan put on Rex Chapman at the beginning of "Michael Jordan: Above and Beyond." Nice move. I'm no fan of Kobe, but he's made a few moves that have had me shaking my head. My two faves:

1) Against Utah during the '05 season (I think), he crosses over AK out high and drives baseline, where a second defender is stepping up. He pump fakes AK and the second defender out of their shoes and then does some sort of reverse half spin jump in the air to get himself squared with the basket again and hits the 10 footer.

2) Against the Mavs last season (the game where LA wore the powder blue unis; I think Kobe had around 42 that game), he drives and weaves around 2-3 Mavs and then does some sick reverse scoop with english from in front of the rim (no glass, it just creeps over the rim and goes in).
I remember the Mavs one fairly well, the Utah one isn't really ringing any bells.

Can't forget about that layup over Kurt Thomas in this past 1st round too. No need to explain it, I'm sure you know what I'm talking about. He just hung there, I couldn't even believe he got that shot up.
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 12:48 PM   #41
Loki
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidonKs
Can't forget about that layup over Kurt Thomas in this past 1st round too. No need to explain it, I'm sure you know what I'm talking about. He just hung there, I couldn't even believe he got that shot up.

Yeah, one of the sickest shots I've ever seen. I nearly fell out of my seat.
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 02:07 PM   #42
Miller Time
the fighting mongooses

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacerRaptor
mine was when reggie miller scored 8 points in 9 secs against NY Knicks and was all up in Spike Lee's grill....i remember watching him steal the ball and run back to the 3 point line, thinking what is this guy doing, till he nailed it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtPaMgyz4ec

Yeah one of my favorites too.
(non NBA favorite game)US - France Olympics 2000 Sydney, when Vince dunked over Weiss, wow that was a great game.
Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 02:26 PM   #43
Moose

Lakers vs. Kings Game 7 2002 West Finals.

&

76ers vs. Raptors Game 7 2001 East Semifinals.
Old 06-20-2007, 02:27 PM   #44
EuJazz
Local High School Star

Mine has to be when John Stockton sent the Jazz to the Finals for the first time at the buzzer, in Houston, Game 6. Just unbelievable, the Rockets got confused on the inbounds play, and Stock was wide open, takes a step or two to get a closer look, and pulls up before Barkley could get any closer, and drains it, nothing but freaking net, you just knew it was in. I was like 9 at the time, and I think I jumped as high as Stockton did afterwards. It was so cool.

My favorite game that I've ever been to would be the Jazz/Nuggets, a while back. It was the biggest comeback in NBA history. We were down 70-35 at halftime, and EVERYONE was leaving from the lower deck (go figure). There were tons of seats open. So my Dad and I cruised to about the 15th row, midcourt, on the side with the benches. Anyway, the Jazz came out after halftime and I don't think anybody said a word, or even made a noise during warmups, they seemed focused. And they came back to win 107-103, the place might as well have been packed, it was still real loud. It was funny to look around you toward the end of the game, because the lower bowl was almost full, probably with people like us from the top. So sweet.
EuJazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 03:42 PM   #45
ikoiko
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by EuJazz
Mine has to be when John Stockton sent the Jazz to the Finals for the first time at the buzzer, in Houston, Game 6. Just unbelievable, the Rockets got confused on the inbounds play, and Stock was wide open, takes a step or two to get a closer look, and pulls up before Barkley could get any closer, and drains it, nothing but freaking net, you just knew it was in. I was like 9 at the time, and I think I jumped as high as Stockton did afterwards. It was so cool.

there was a moving screen by malone on that play. offensive foul.
ikoiko is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: