Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 06-19-2007, 10:10 PM   #16
Rockets(T-mac)
NBA sixth man of the year

Rockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Your favorite game in NBA history

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fudge
Dudes and Dudettes, it has to be the Rockets vs. Spurs a couple seasons back. Yenno, the 13 in 35? Ring a bell? Uh yeah, that was probably the best and my personal favorite. No need for an explanation.
Can't agree more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacerRaptor
mine was when reggie miller scored 8 points in 9 secs against NY Knicks and was all up in Spike Lee's grill....i remember watching him steal the ball and run back to the 3 point line, thinking what is this guy doing, till he nailed it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtPaMgyz4ec
Good God that was amazing!!
Rockets(T-mac) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 10:15 PM   #17
RecSpecs110
Prokhorov = Badass

RecSpecs110 is considered somewhat coolRecSpecs110 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fudge
Dudes and Dudettes, it has to be the Rockets vs. Spurs a couple seasons back. Yenno, the 13 in 35? Ring a bell? Uh yeah, that was probably the best and my personal favorite. No need for an explanation.

Yeah, that was a thriller to say the least. One of my favorites.

But it just doesn't match the magnitude of AI beating LA (who simply dominated back then) on the road in the Finals.
RecSpecs110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 10:18 PM   #18
kps
Decent playground baller

kps has an OK reputation so far

I have to go with Game 1 of the Sixer-Lakers too with AI doing his thing.
Also when the SIxers won the championship in 83
kps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 10:22 PM   #19
steadyfast96
Serious playground baller

steadyfast96 has an OK reputation so far

2000 WCF game 7, Blazers @ Lakers. Lakers coming back from 14 down in the second half topped off with Kobe's lob to Shaq and a thunderous dunk. Took the life out of the Blazers for the next seven years......
steadyfast96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 10:23 PM   #20
Howard5Dirk41
Banned

Howard5Dirk41 has an OK reputation so far

Mi juego favorito tendrķa que ser Inconformistas contra el Juego de Espuelas 7 en 2006 Conferencia Occidental Final.
Howard5Dirk41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 10:27 PM   #21
knicks15
Local High School Star

knicks15 has decent reputation

allan houston vs the heat.

bang.
knicks15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 10:34 PM   #22
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I haven't actually sat down and watched the whole thing, only bits and pieces, but for me, Duke/Kentucky is WAY up there.

Lakers/Blazers from 2000 undoubtedly gets a nod. So pissed I didn't get a chance to watch Fisher's shot, but that would be up there if I had've seen it live. Game 4 against the Suns last year. Of course Bulls/Jazz from 98 has to be mentioned. Gil lighting up the Suns this year was amazing. I enjoyed that one more than the Lakers/Wiz game because I could actually tell who I wanted to win. Game 4 against the Pacers was great too, can't forget about that.

I have this one game on tape, can't remember the round, or even the year (I think it was 2003/round 2, but I'm not sure), but it was Spurs/Lakers. LA was down by 25 at one point around the start of the 3rd quarter. All seemed lost. Only reason I continued taping it was because I had already gone to bed and was planning on watching it the following day. So anyways, down 25, I forget why I kept watching the taped version for that first time (I hadn't heard the results yet). The Lakers start to make a small run. They get it all the way down to 6 or 8 on a flurry of 3's from Shaw, Fisher, Jannero Pargo, and some others. Wait, now I remember.

Kobe hit TWO three's going into the 4th quarter. They were down 22, and Kobe hit a three from the left wing with a defender in his face. Then they got a stop against the Spurs with a few seconds left, Kobe dribbled down the court as fast as possible, went around the Spurs double team trying to trap him on the right wing, and shot a desperation fadeaway as the buzzer sounded, fading out of bounds. It goes down, LA is still in the hunt down 16 going into the 4th.

THEN the barrage of 3's came from those other guys (and one more from Kobe I think). Pargo hits a jumper on the fastbreak from the corner of the FT line, and then a TO was called. I still remember the announcers on that one.

Announcer 1 (Pargo fastbreaking just past half): This is where he has to know what's a good shot...
Announcer 2 (after jumper goes in): THAT's a good shot!

Haha, I laugh at that every time for some reason. Anyways, Lakers continued to close the gap, but they never got the lead. They were down 5 with around 40 seconds left, and someone fired up a three from the left corner. Might've been Kobe. Didn't even touch the rim, but who's there to catch it? You know who. Shaq grabs it, everyone grabs him, and he still forces up a layup that goes down, along with the foul. He makes the FT, and it's a 2 point game, 96-94. The Lakers got a stop, and they had the ball with a little more than 10 seconds to go. Kobe gets it outside the 3 point line on the left side, and he drives left. He's forced into the corner and trapped quickly by a Spurs double team. He pivots around once or twice, and then swings the ball back around to a wide open... Robert Horry. The announcers can't believe how open he is, but Horry's been ice cold the entire playoffs. I think the number was 1-26 or something crazy like that. Couldn't sink a thing, and was something like 0-4 during that game. Anyways, he gets the catch, Duncan comes running at him, but he gets the 3 up over the outstretched hands. Ball looks good the whole way, Horry has that smug look that he always does, and the ball goes in... and back out.

Heartwrenching. Just killed me. Horry just stood there, I think he put his hands over his head in disbelief.

I don't really care if no one reads this, that was actually pretty entertaining for me to write. Brings back memories. I'm going to have to watch that game again. Even though my team lost, it was one of the best games I've ever seen. Parker and Manu just went off in the first half, and Duncan was terrific too. Seemed like a lost cause. It wasn't.

Damn, that was a good game.
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 10:37 PM   #23
rknine15
Buckets Baby

rknine15 is considered somewhat coolrknine15 is considered somewhat coolrknine15 is considered somewhat cool

phx vs lakers game 4 when kobe hits 2 buzzer beaters

raps vs nets last year when carter hits a game winner

cavs vs bulls when jordan hits the game winner
rknine15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 10:45 PM   #24
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

In case anyone did read that, I was a bit off on the details. Just found this video, that goes through the entire game from the start of the video to about 3:00.

The Horry shot starts at around 2:07. It also contains what is probably my favourite Kobe move ever, which is saying something. It's between this one and when he completely outpivoted Wade in the ASG a few years ago. But this one's amazing. It starts at around 1:01, although I think it starts showing it a little after the move actually starts. Still amazing though. The flurry of crossovers, the headfake, the flawless jumper. I'm awed every time I see that one play. Amazing.
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 10:50 PM   #25
Richie2k6
Smooth Like Butter

Richie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidonKs
In case anyone did read that, I was a bit off on the details. Just found this video, that goes through the entire game from the start of the video to about 3:00.

The Horry shot starts at around 2:07. It also contains what is probably my favourite Kobe move ever, which is saying something. It's between this one and when he completely outpivoted Wade in the ASG a few years ago. But this one's amazing. It starts at around 1:01, although I think it starts showing it a little after the move actually starts. Still amazing though. The flurry of crossovers, the headfake, the flawless jumper. I'm awed every time I see that one play. Amazing.
That Horry miss was just.. wow.
Richie2k6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 10:56 PM   #26
ForceOfNature
In It to Win It

ForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputation

Hmmmm...

Probably:
Knicks vs. Bucks, in January 2002.

Game was so high-scoring, So many potential game-winners. Michael Redd's first BIG game in his career. Ray Allen, Glenn Robinson, Anthony Mason, Latrell Sprewell, Allan Houston, and Sam Cassell all had great games.

Box score:
http://basketballreference.com/teams...0020126&tm=MIL
ForceOfNature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 10:58 PM   #27
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputation

Houston at Orlando (game 1 1995 Finals)
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 10:59 PM   #28
Richie2k6
Smooth Like Butter

Richie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Last year in April was another great one. (I think April at least.) Wade vs Lebron. Wade had 45, Lebron had 47 and a triple double, Cavs came out with the win. Great game.
Richie2k6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 10:59 PM   #29
steadyfast96
Serious playground baller

steadyfast96 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

Exactly! Even with games like that, people still think Shaq did it all by himself.
All those championship years, it was Kobe that killed the Spurs, Kings...
steadyfast96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 11:04 PM   #30
Loki
Banned

Loki is considered somewhat coolLoki is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
It starts at around 1:01, although I think it starts showing it a little after the move actually starts. Still amazing though. The flurry of crossovers, the headfake, the flawless jumper. I'm awed every time I see that one play. Amazing.

What a huge carry on that crossover. :) Nice move, but you can see that Kobe pretty much had to go into his shot motion there because the ball came up too high off the crossover and was going to get caught on his hip. He wouldn't have been able to dribble it again. Nice fake, footwork, and patience, though. Reminds me of the play at the 3:39 mark here (replay at 4:09):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_mYgJtnX1Y

:)
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: