Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 06-19-2007, 03:18 PM   #16
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year

fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Most Overrated Player in the Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by StroShow4
why? he's 7 feet tall, he can actually move, and he has basketball skills. he has tons of potential (yes, i know its an evil word, but thats what the draft is about).
Skita?

Right........
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 03:18 PM   #17
thenextgreatbigman
Banned

thenextgreatbigman has an OK reputation so far

I don't like Yi either but i think that Glen Davis will be a solid 3rd big. The guy is smart and i loved him last year in the tournament. Should have stayed in the 06 draft.

And i like Harford over anyone not named durant and oden.
thenextgreatbigman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 03:21 PM   #18
StroShow4
Certified ISHiot.

StroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboy11
Skita?

Right........

dirk?
StroShow4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 03:23 PM   #19
fatboy11

fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
dirk?
Right. So it's 50/50.

I'm looking for a reason why he is top 15?
Old 06-19-2007, 03:26 PM   #20
StroShow4
Certified ISHiot.

StroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Right. So it's 50/50.

I'm looking for a reason why he is top 15?

cause he has a 50/50 chance to be dirk. that can't be said about any other players in the draft.
Old 06-19-2007, 03:29 PM   #21
fatboy11

Quote:
cause he has a 50/50 chance to be dirk. that can't be said about any other players in the draft.
No, he doesn't. He doesn't have that range. He can't shoot like that. Hell, Skita is a better shooter than Yi.

I'm still not seeing what all the fuss is about. I see a weak player who is going to have major problems at the next level.
Old 06-19-2007, 03:30 PM   #22
StroShow4
Certified ISHiot.

fatboy, i dont think we have ever or will ever agree on anything
Old 06-19-2007, 03:31 PM   #23
Sharas
Great college starter

Sharas is considered somewhat coolSharas is considered somewhat coolSharas is considered somewhat cool

if i restrict myself to players whose games i actually watched, i'd say that noah, jeff green and julian wright are quite overrated.

noah isn't better than anderson varejao right now. not even an one bit. and would you like to pick anderson varejao at pick #4 or 5?

green and wright seemed like carbon copies of each other in georgetown-kansas game. and both of them seem like "jack-of-all-trades, master-of-none" type to me. both are tweeners right now, and not in a good way. they're not going to beat nba small forwards of the dribble, nor post up nba power forwards.

all three of them won't do good in any halfcourt system. and even in uptempo system i can't see them being all-star quality.

oden and durant aren't overrated in any way IMO. and you can't really say that yi is overrated, because most writers agree that he's a wildcard in truest sense of the word. no one denies his exceptional upside, but no one sees him as sure thing also. i also think al horford is third best plaer in this draft. and acie law is IMO underrated, i like the sam cassell comparison, guy definitely has poise and basketball IQ.
Sharas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 03:33 PM   #24
imjustlikemusiq
Speak To Me Cleanly

imjustlikemusiq has an OK reputation so far

Horford and Green should be picked 10-15 range
imjustlikemusiq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 03:35 PM   #25
fatboy11

Quote:
fatboy, i dont think we have ever or will ever agree on anything
That should tell you something....
Old 06-19-2007, 03:38 PM   #26
Da KO King

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

Yi's agent may have postured him out of the top 7. Up until this week they refused workouts and interviews from most teams.

I'm not 100% sold on Yi but I'd feel more comfortable drafting him than Julian Wright.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 03:39 PM   #27
The Answer
National High School Star

The Answer has decent reputationThe Answer has decent reputation

Though I haven't seen much of Yi, he's the one I'm most concerned about. People talk about his speed and mobility, but I question the speed and the mobility of the players he blows by in all the videos. Cleary they aren't anywhere NBA caliber athletes. Some, have even gone so far as to compare his athleticism to players such as KG and Bosh. I just don't see it. Then there's the concern about his age, and like Yao, when he first came to the league, he's probably done very little, if any, weight training. I, too, fear another Skita.
The Answer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 03:44 PM   #28
StroShow4
Certified ISHiot.

Quote:
That should tell you something....

from now on when we disagree i will just post this picture

Old 06-19-2007, 03:52 PM   #29
Da KO King

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

Quote:
from now on when we disagree i will just post this picture

You're an ass.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 04:44 PM   #30
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
NOAH

he's gonna be a lottery pick... who in their right mind would pick anderson varejao in the lottery??

Who in their right mind thinks Noah is Varejao?
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: