Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 06-18-2007, 11:45 AM   #31
dejordan
Mars Blackmon Lives!

dejordan has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Minni Fans?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
I have faith in Perkins. Last year he was held back by plantar fasciitis but played anyway because the team needed players badly. He's a soldier. This offseason he's gotten even stronger while dropping 10 pounds. I don't mine idea of him starting.
well you've seen a lot more of him than i have, so i'll go with your opinion on this one. i liked his potential his rookie year. not as much as heinson did, but the guy is a specimen.
dejordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 11:48 AM   #32
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Chad Ford-Boston/Minny Garnett Deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Gordon
The Great Gordon says Boston is stupid if they made this trade, Gordon believe young celts should stay pat and trade overrated piece of garbage Paul Pierce for a bag of basketballs, Gordon believe Pierce is holding down the Celts team, The Great Gordon is out.
I removed the stupid font, stupid size, and stupid color, and this is still a stupid post. Oh well, can't say I didn't try to help.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 11:50 AM   #33
Seņor Cedric
why live??

Seņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
I wouldn't mind bringing Magliore in, but to me he's not vital. He got 6.5 points and 6 boards last season...he's ok, but a lot of bigs could match that.

Part of the problem was when they gave him jack al lplaying time, because he didn't mesh with Randolph. He played very well near the end of the season with Aldridge. I nApril he put up 10.7ppg and 9.7rpg in 30mpg, shooting over 50% from the field. Good enough for me.
Seņor Cedric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 11:51 AM   #34
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Minni Fans?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dejordan
well you've seen a lot more of him than i have, so i'll go with your opinion on this one. i liked his potential his rookie year. not as much as heinson did, but the guy is a specimen.
I see him as becoming a shotblocking Charles Oakley. He may barely get double-digits scoring but he works hard on the glass and d. Also a surprisingly good passer. Not that athletic, but big, and when he's in good shape his speed isn't terrible.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 12:02 PM   #35
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seņor Cedric
What team would take a gamble on Haywood?
See, this just doesn't make sense. How is Haywood a gamble? No matter how you put it, he'll always be the same lazy, piece of ****, bum who isolates himself in the post and throws up wild hookshots, while actually trying to get OUT of the way when the opposition attacks the hoop.

But seriously, if he goes to another organization and actually tries, I may just have to kick... something.
RidonKs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 12:06 PM   #36
Seņor Cedric
why live??

Seņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Haywood is a gamble for a team in need of a shotblocker. Last time I watched Haywood was last year in the playoffs against the Bulls. I liked Haywood more than Chandler in that series.

I think he may just need a change of scene. :rollingeyes: As long as it's not Boston
Seņor Cedric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 12:31 PM   #37
FPower
Local High School Star

FPower has decent reputation

Interesting deal. I like it for Boston because they need to stop rebuilding and give Pierce some help. Or go with Jefferson as the future, and trade Pierce while he can still net them a lot in return.

Once you get two superstars together, you can often start using ring chasers to fill lineup holes. (Grant Hill, Webber)
FPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 12:42 PM   #38
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Minny would do this in a second. With the picks draft Noah and Julian Wright.

Foye- scoring pg
Green- their go to player on wing
Wright- playmaker supreme
Noah- their defensive stopper and he CAN play offense unlike some fool may think.
Jefferson- their main post scorer

This would be the Bulls all over again, except Minny would do it the right way with wing players AND big men. In 3-4 this team would be contending fosho.

I'd trade Ricky Davis ASAP as well for a younger and lesser sg/big combo that may or may not pan out. Guys that will just go after it. I'm not saying they could get Millsap and Dorrell Wright, but players of that stature.

Last edited by i seen hippos : 06-18-2007 at 12:44 PM.
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 01:37 PM   #39
Put Back Dunk
TOMMY POINT!

Put Back Dunk has an OK reputation so far

I'm completely against trading Big Al, even for KG. If it was #5 + Gerald + Theo and another young guy and future pick(s) thrown in I'd be all over it.

I think people completely underestimate what it means to have someone that can be a 20/10 guy (as he was post-All Star break) at just 22 years old.

I'd rather have Pierce, Big Al, and whoever we get at #5 than just Pierce and KG.
Put Back Dunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 01:54 PM   #40
statman32
NBA Legend

statman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Boston and Minny are working on a deal but not this one. Its a three way deal involving the Suns.
statman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 01:57 PM   #41
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

please enlighten us on the suns deal.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 02:03 PM   #42
statman32
NBA Legend

statman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
please enlighten us on the suns deal.

Boston gets:
Shawn Marion

Phoenix gets:
Kevin Garnett

Minnesota gets:
Theo Ratliff
Kurt Thomas
5th pick
24th pick
Atlantas 2008 1st Round Pick

Something like that.
statman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 02:04 PM   #43
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

good lookin
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 02:06 PM   #44
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by statman32
Boston gets:
Shawn Marion

Phoenix gets:
Kevin Garnett

Minnesota gets:
Theo Ratliff
Kurt Thomas
5th pick
24th pick
Atlantas 2008 1st Round Pick

Something like that.

Why would Minnesota do that?
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 02:08 PM   #45
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

MK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seņor Cedric

I'd like to see this lineup:
CT: Jamal Magloire (MLE)/ Kendrick Perkins
PF: Kevin Garnett/ Ryan Gomes
SF: Paul Pierce/ Tony Allen
SG: Wally Szczerbiak/ Delonte West (6th man at about 30 mpg)
PG: Rajon Rondo/ Vet Point guard (Free agency)

that team would definitely be in the east finals, no doubt.

KG finally gets two pieces he's NEVER had before in his career...he gets Pierce, who would be the no. 1 scoring option and the closer, and he also gets a solid defensive center in magloire...both of which, KG has never had. plus with wally, delonte and rajon out on the perimeter nailin outside shots, i dont see how this team wouldnt make it to the ECF.
MK2V1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: