Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 06-19-2007, 01:49 PM   #151
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro

Y2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Garnett To Boston Could Happen, And It Might..

No value at the 5th pick Kumquat? Wrong. You could say that last year, but there are going to be some guys that'll make allstar teams in this draft after 5. I don't know who, but it'll happen.
Y2Gezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 01:51 PM   #152
bleedinpurpleTwo
Another Laker Dynasty?

bleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RagingBull33
This is the question. Does the line-up of:

Rajon Rondo
Delonte West
Paul Pierce
Kevin Garnett
Kendrick Perkins

get them to the finals? Because if it doesn't, the trade is not worth it.

why would you start two PGs instead of using Wally?
bleedinpurpleTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 01:55 PM   #153
Wizardly Cool

Both Paul Pierce and Garnett are overdue for comeback type seasons. It'd be sweet to see this happen, but don't bet on it.
Old 06-19-2007, 02:12 PM   #154
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

johndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Well its not as if they can't have cap space when Garnett or Pierce's contracts are up
Despite the myth, Boston is not a hotbed for free agents. At all. Especially when your best player would be Delonte West.
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 02:16 PM   #155
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

johndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizardly Cool
Both Paul Pierce and Garnett are overdue for comeback type seasons. It'd be sweet to see this happen, but don't bet on it.
Overdue? You realize he had the best season of his career in '05-'06, right?
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 02:39 PM   #156
PP34Deuce
Good college starter

PP34Deuce has decent reputationPP34Deuce has decent reputation

Personally giving gerald green away is not a trade i want to do.

Id give West away before Green.

Green is gonna b at worst an athletic 18-19 6 rebound guy.

plus if disciplined could be a very good defender.

you trade your swingmen away for KG, Bostons frontcort Improves vastly, but perimeter defense worsens, Paul Pierce will slow down laterally
PP34Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 02:43 PM   #157
Rockets(T-mac)
NBA sixth man of the year

Rockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by PP34Deuce
Personally giving gerald green away is not a trade i want to do.

Id give West away before Green.

Green is gonna b at worst an athletic 18-19 6 rebound guy.

plus if disciplined could be a very good defender.

you trade your swingmen away for KG, Bostons frontcort Improves vastly, but perimeter defense worsens, Paul Pierce will slow down laterally
True but Miin will never give KG away and not get all the young people possible. If they do get ride of KG this summer they will have to rebuild and you need young players for that.
Rockets(T-mac) is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 03:25 PM   #158
IBLEEDGREEN43
Local High School Star

IBLEEDGREEN43 has no real reputation yet.

i thought my thread got deleted, but they combined the two.. haha
IBLEEDGREEN43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 03:30 PM   #159
imjustlikemusiq
Speak To Me Cleanly

imjustlikemusiq has an OK reputation so far

Like I said, if they trade for Garnett they will have to make some sort of move for a veteran point guard, a good one like Cassell is ideal, a servicable one like Brevin Knight is another option. Even if they dont land Cassell, theyll need a veteran PG if they want a shot at the playoffs.
imjustlikemusiq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 03:31 PM   #160
imjustlikemusiq
Speak To Me Cleanly

Id be willing to give up Blatche, Butler, Jamison, Haywood, and the 16th pick in the draft to land Garnett.
Old 06-19-2007, 03:36 PM   #161
thenextgreatbigman
Banned

thenextgreatbigman has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by imjustlikemusiq
Like I said, if they trade for Garnett they will have to make some sort of move for a veteran point guard, a good one like Cassell is ideal, a servicable one like Brevin Knight is another option. Even if they dont land Cassell, theyll need a veteran PG if they want a shot at the playoffs.
Pick up 3 guys from the park, put them next to KG and pierce and they make playoffs in the east. With the right offense rondo should get the job done.
They can always sign Blake or atkins to help out off the bench if things start going bad.
thenextgreatbigman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 03:37 PM   #162
thenextgreatbigman
Banned

thenextgreatbigman has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by imjustlikemusiq
Id be willing to give up Blatche, Butler, Jamison, Haywood, and the 16th pick in the draft to land Garnett.
i saw something today about the suns looking into swapping marion for jamison. That wouldn't be all that bad for the wizards
thenextgreatbigman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 03:40 PM   #163
imjustlikemusiq
Speak To Me Cleanly

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenextgreatbigman
i saw something today about the suns looking into swapping marion for jamison. That wouldn't be all that bad for the wizards
Hm, Marion wouldnt be a bad fit with Washington, he still wouldnt help us get interior scoring though, but his defense would help out A LOT.
Old 06-19-2007, 03:56 PM   #164
Comedy Central
Kids at the park dunk on me

Comedy Central has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Chad Ford-Boston/Minny Garnett Deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker
Let's be real, that deal is absolute rape from Minny's side. No way it happens, if it does, I would be soo happy.

Al Jeff will be a 18 and 12 guy, Green could be a 20 ppg scorer I suppose, and the 5th pick?!?! along with Ratliff's expirer! I would love McHale.

Garnett is great, but that deal has to be much better than anything else being offered.

co-signed. I would accept that in a heart beat if I was Mchale.

This offer is just as good as Luol Deng, Tyson Chandler and Tyrus Tomas, not to mention Garnett is one year older now.

And I still can't belive Mchale didn't accept that proposal from the bulls last year, everyone that has a brain damn knows KG can't take the wolves anywhere and Mchale still doesn't want to trade him to a whole bunch of rising stars who can alone make the core of a team. What the hell is wrong with him?
Comedy Central is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: