Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 05-17-2007, 12:24 AM   #46
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: The "I Dunked on Alonzo Mourning" Club Members

Quote:
Originally Posted by trig
And yet they are both owned by MJ hehe

Its really funny when young players such as Tyrus Thomas and Josh Smith tries to posterize Grandpa Zo only to find there faces on the floor seconds later

Even if Ewing has better stats, I see Zo as the better defender. Who among here agree w/ me?

Zo can't match Ewing on any stat you will ever find. Whether individually or never head to head.

BTW those are kids, their games have no expanded yet.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 12:56 AM   #47
Glove_20
The Expert

Glove_20 is considered somewhat coolGlove_20 is considered somewhat coolGlove_20 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Answer
Reguardless, Mourning was the better defender. I'm not bashing Payton. He is, in my opinion, the best defensive point guard to ever play in the league. However, a bigman, who plays dominant defense, can impact the game in ways a guard, who plays dominant defense, can't.
Once again, when a Bigman plays dominating defense, he is greater than a guard who plays dominating defense. I agree

But Mourning was only dominant for 2 years. He only made it to 2 All-Defensive Teams. EVEN SHAQ made to more than that. And I am not just saying 2 All-Defensive 1st, I am saying 2 overall. So he was dominating for 2 years, Payton though was dominating for 9 years.

Dominating guard defender or good inside defender? You have to take the guard, and plus he has done it better longer...
Glove_20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 12:58 AM   #48
Glove_20
The Expert

Glove_20 is considered somewhat coolGlove_20 is considered somewhat coolGlove_20 is considered somewhat cool

Also your right, Centers make more impact in the game. 13 out of the last 15 DPOYs have been Centers and 9 out of the last 10 DPOYs have been Centers. So even DPOY voters agree and say Centers make more impact. But some guards are so great they can make just as much impact and win DPOY. Payton is that guard. He won DPOY in 1996 easily. He is the last guard in the last 19 years to win DPOY. Payton could make a lot of impact...
Old 05-17-2007, 01:01 AM   #49
The Answer
National High School Star

The Answer has decent reputationThe Answer has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glove_20
Once again, when a Bigman plays dominating defense, he is greater than a guard who plays dominating defense. I agree

But Mourning was only dominant for 2 years. He only made it to 2 All-Defensive Teams. EVEN SHAQ made to more than that. And I am not just saying 2 All-Defensive 1st, I am saying 2 overall. So he was dominating for 2 years, Payton though was dominating for 9 years.

Dominating guard defender or good inside defender? You have to take the guard, and plus he has done it better longer...

We'll have to agree to disagree on the two years of defensive dominance. I'm to tired for a debate. I plan to go to sleep the second the Spurs-Suns game ends.
The Answer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 01:02 AM   #50
The Answer
National High School Star

The Answer has decent reputationThe Answer has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glove_20
Also your right, Centers make more impact in the game. 13 out of the last 15 DPOYs have been Centers and 9 out of the last 10 DPOYs have been Centers. So even DPOY voters agree and say Centers make more impact. But some guards are so great they can make just as much impact and win DPOY. Payton is that guard. He won DPOY in 1996 easily. He is the last guard in the last 19 years to win DPOY. Payton could make a lot of impact...

Glad we agree on this.
The Answer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 01:32 AM   #51
Glove_20
The Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Answer
Glad we agree on this.
Well thats the whole point. I know defensive Centers make more impact than guards generally. 9 out of the last 10 DPOYs have been Centers. But some guards are so good they can make just as much impact. Gary Payton is an example. He has a DPOY too. And he has played great defense for 9 years while Alonzo has only 2 All-Defensive Team selections, Payton has a RECORD straight 9 All-Defensive 1st
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: