Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 05-16-2007, 07:39 PM   #1
PleezeBelieve
#TeamOhio: 73-9

PleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Confirmation The Standard Has Been Lowered With The Selection of Nash And Dirk As MVP

Here are the stats of the previous MVP winners who's team also had the best record in the League for that given season going back to 1990:

'89-90
Magic- 22.3/6.6/11.5

'91-92
Jordan- 30/6.4/6.1

'92-93
Barkley- 25.6/12.2/5.1

'94-95
Robinson- 27.6/10.8/2.9

'95-96
Jordan- 30.4/6.6/4.3

'98-99
Jordan- 28.7/5.3/3.5

'99-00
Shaq- 29.7/13.6/3.8

'02-03
Duncan- 23.3/12.9/3.9

'04-05
Nash- 15.3/3.3/11.5

'06-07
Dirk- 24.6/8.9/3.4

...now what more do you people need? No matter how you slice it up, Nash and Dirk are, by far, the worse MVP's ever. Even when some of the great MVP robberies in league history took place, the players that did win still had better stats than these two guys. Hell, I could even list other players that lead their team to the best record in the League, didn't win the MVP...but yet still had better stats (or just as good) than these two guys. Matter of fact let's do that:

'90-91
Drexler- 21.5/6.7/6.0

'96-97
Jordan- 29.6/5.9/4.3

'00-01
Duncan- 22.2/12.2/3.0

'01-02
Webber- 24.5/10.1/4.8 (only played 54 games, but didn't stop Walton from winning his)

'03-'04
J. O'Neal- 20/10/2.1

..., the only player that I see Nash and Dirk clearly exceed is O'Neal. What a freaking joke. What a travesty this award has become.

Last edited by PleezeBelieve : 05-16-2007 at 07:48 PM.
PleezeBelieve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 07:42 PM   #2
BigTicket
Cavs for life

BigTicket is a pretty well-respected posterBigTicket is a pretty well-respected posterBigTicket is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Confirmation The Standard Has Been Lowered With The Selection of Nash And Dirk As MVP

BigTicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 07:43 PM   #3
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Confirmation The Standard Has Been Lowered With The Selection of Nash And Dirk As MVP

Does this proof mean you will let others decide whether they accept the "truth" from now on? I mean you did the best that you could. Can we let our fellow ISH members to spread their wings and make their own decisions now?
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 07:45 PM   #4
Loki
Banned

Loki is considered somewhat coolLoki is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by PleezeBelieve
'91-92
Drexler- 21.5/6.7/6.0

Drexler was at 25.0 pts/6.6 reb/6.7 ast in '91-'92, just so you know.
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 07:47 PM   #5
FabCasablancas
Banned

FabCasablancas has decent reputation

I think this is evidence that teams are getting better.. good teams have more talented players than in recent years.. at least more scorers/ If dirk and Nahs were on bad teams there is no doubt in my mind they could put up huge numbers like Kobe.. or in other words.. if Kobe wants to be successful he needs more scorers on his team and he needs to share the ball and be more of a team player to be successful.. and his numbers will be dramatically lower like Dirk's and Nash's. Maybe if he is in the East where teams are so bad he could put up big numbers and still have a successful team.. but not in the West.

I think the better question is.. do Dirk and Nash make their teammates better as much as these other players?

Both Nash and Dirk have very unique talents that allow them to make their teammates -- scorers -- much better than they woud otherwise be.. Dirk does it by creating mismatches.. Nash does it by passing and seeing the floor.. both are Nellie's brainchildren..

Last edited by FabCasablancas : 05-16-2007 at 07:53 PM.
FabCasablancas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 07:48 PM   #6
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

MaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this board

Maybe I'm missing something... but when did the league decide that the MVP award would be based primarily on the stats of the candidates?
MaxFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 07:49 PM   #7
PleezeBelieve

PleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki
Good check. It was '90-91. :)
Old 05-16-2007, 07:49 PM   #8
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki
I was just about to post that. Those are from the 90-91 season.

Drexler: Underrated
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 07:49 PM   #9
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

MaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this board

Fabcasablancas, who do you believe is better, Lebron or Dirk?
Old 05-16-2007, 07:50 PM   #10
PleezeBelieve

Quote:
Originally Posted by FabCasablancas
I think this is evidence that teams are getting better.. good teams have more talented players than in recent years.. at least more scorers/ If dirk and Nahs were on bad teams there is no doubt in my mind they could put up huge numbers like Kobe.. or in other words.. if Kobe wants to be successful he needs more scorers on his team and he needs to share the ball and be more of a team player to be successful.. and his numbers will be dramatically lower like Dirk's and Nash's. Maybe if he is in the East where teams are so bad he could put up big numbers and still have a successful team.. but not in the West.
.....what?
Old 05-16-2007, 07:52 PM   #11
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

Quote:
.....what?

PleaseBelieve, do you think Lebron is better than Dirk?
Old 05-16-2007, 07:58 PM   #12
Richie2k6
Smooth Like Butter

Richie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Confirmation The Standard Has Been Lowered With The Selection of Nash And Dirk As

Quote:
No matter how you slice it up, Nash and Dirk are, by far, the worse MVP's ever.

I stopped reading at about there. If all you look at are numbers, why is Kidd going to the Hall of Fame with only high rebound and assists numbers? His FG% is garbage and his points aren't high. Because it's all about what you do on the court. You're judging MVP's on numbers.

Richie2k6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 07:58 PM   #13
PleezeBelieve

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxFly
PleaseBelieve, do you think Lebron is better than Dirk?
Is that even a question?

LeBron is the best player in the League. I've proven it time after time, after time. No matter when how you add it up...LeBron come out on top. From you take into consideration age, teammates, overall record, and career achievements, LeBron is indisputably the best player since a prime Jordan, IMO.
Old 05-16-2007, 08:00 PM   #14
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Is that even a question?

LeBron is the best player in the League. I've proven it time after time, after time. No matter when how you add it up...LeBron come out on top. From you take into consideration age, teammates, overall record, and career achievements, LeBron is indisputably the best player since a prime Jordan, IMO.

So after posting this proof, are you done with it or not?
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 08:03 PM   #15
ACCBaller1403
Washed up streetballer

ACCBaller1403 has decent reputationACCBaller1403 has decent reputation

Quote:
Is that even a question?

When did you prove that Lebron is the best? In order for something to be a proven fact you need undeniable evidence and people to back you up on it. Otherwise it's just a theory.

You think he's the best player in the league. Its certainly not proven.
ACCBaller1403 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: