Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 05-12-2007, 03:19 PM   #46
vert48
Can You?

Default Re: I'm tired of this "Nellie made Dirk" stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeWiz15
I realize everyone loves the Warriors and is riding Don Nelson's nuts and everything, but this is getting out of hand.

flash back to the end of the Don Nelson era. what did this team do? win a lot of regular season games and then bomb in the playoffs. what was Dirk? he was a soft ass Euro jumpshooter. what were the Mavs? they were a no-defense playing joke who nobody took seriously in the playoffs.

make fun of the Mavs all you want... make fun of Avery all you want cause he did not coach this series well. but Nellie did not make Dirk. Nellie made a soft who scores a lot; Avery made a LEGITIMATE contender, and a LEGITIMATE top 5 player. Nellie traded for redundant players because all he can do is push the ball and shoot 3s and score a lot; Avery knows how to construct, again, a LEGITIMATE contending team. despite the EPIC choke that was this first round, the Mavs are still any way you slice it a more serious playoff threat than they have EVER been especially in the Nellie days.

these Warriors are my favorite team since the pre-Carter Nets. it's strictly a bandwagon thing but I love how they play. and Avery is just what this PARTICULAR team needs. the Warriors are a bunch of individual players who are all cold hearted sons of *****es that just need DIRECTION. they know how to play, they know how to defend, they've got killer instinct to spare and want to go out there and slit some throats; they just need direction, a system, and a guiding hand to bring all that athletic and otherwise talent together. THAT is what Nellie is great at. most teams however do not have that luxury. and rest assured... that is not enough for a serious contender. I love these Warriors but they are not winning the Finals. Nellie will never win the Finals.

Avery, however, will. I can all but promise it. given equal talent to start, I would pick Avery to coach a legit championship team over Nellie in a second.

thoughts?
Nellie may not have made Dirk, but he certainly destroyed him.
vert48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 04:12 PM   #47
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Default Re: I'm tired of this "Nellie made Dirk" stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeWiz15
explain to me then why they're one of the best defensive teams in the league. defense wins championships right?
When did this happen? They are pretty average to me.

They aren't like San Antonio where they can neutralize teams effectiveness off dribble penetration and force teams to alter their gameplan.

They aren't like Detroit where they pack "the yard" (mid-range area to the rim) and exploit they fact that all their 3,4, and 5 are above average help defenders and can switch on screens with each other and still play effective positional defense.

All Dallas has done since Nelson has left is slow the game down a little bit.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: